AKGramma's Harlequin Soil Grow Fall 2018

I'm hoping I find a pheno that has the Chem high and a nice pine taste.

You should get close by odor and how close the offspring resembles the parents. :goodluck:

Can't wait to see you harvest a supply of seeds, I just broke up a bud of Chemdog and got 4 or 5 nice beans. The Chem was pollinated by a male Xmas Bud.

Another question: how long after switch to 12/12/ did you harvest the seeds? What did you look for before taking the bud?

It was maybe 5 weeks from the time I pollinated them, the seeds will split open the calyx exposing the seeds. Is a good indicator that the seeds are mature.

It was maybe 5 weeks from the time I pollinated them, the seeds will split open the calyx exposing the seeds. Is a good indicator that the seeds are mature.

I took one seed a few days ago I thought might be ready, but after a few days, it is still pale and small. I have a number of split calyxes, but having harvested too early in the past, I'm going to wait, out of an abundance of caution.

I'm letting the color of the pistils guide my decision. When they turn amber and collapse, that will be my cue to harvest the seeds. It's only 2 weeks to the due date.

Just bumping up my timetable info:

Planted 9-1-2017
Switched Nov 17, 2017 (First time I've switched this early. Usually wait a full 3 months)
Pollinated Nov 26, 2017 (it only took 9 days past switch for buds and pods to form and grow big enough)

This grow is in a hurry! :slide:

They’re getting nice and chunky!

They are so sticky, I can't even touch them without having trouble letting them go! Almost like superglue!

I answered a question on another journal about how long it takes to finish stretching. In my experience, it goes rather quickly: the males can do it overnight and in the morning you might even find clumps of pods. They do it early and fast.

My female Harley and Afghani did not stretch. They are almost done, and are still only 27 inches tall from soil to topmost branch. I had planted them in 3 gallon, 13" tall trash bins, to give the roots plenty of room. This size also works very well for autos. It keeps them from getting too tall before they flower.

I tried a grow in 5 gallon pots once, but the roots of my hybrids never did fill the pots, so I went back to the 3 gallon, which works best for me both in floor space and root development.

starting to see amber pistils on Miss Harley! To my old eyes, the trics look more cloudy than clear. And two seeds I pried from a couple buds are almost brown enough to be fully mature.

I'm going to see a lot of changes this next week or two!

Im loving watching your Harley grow. If it helps to narrow down the effects of this one, plants from this batch, as well as a cross with a tasty Kosher Kush have kept my niece seizure free for over a year now,. This is actually the longest she has held a job. She describes the effect as a nice wake up, while I perceive it as quite relaxing....bottom line is that it has promise. I still think that the biggest hurdle in the 'cannabis war' is that every plant effects every person different

peace :)

Im loving watching your Harley grow. If it helps to narrow down the effects of this one, plants from this batch, as well as a cross with a tasty Kosher Kush have kept my niece seizure free for over a year now,. This is actually the longest she has held a job. She describes the effect as a nice wake up, while I perceive it as quite relaxing....bottom line is that it has promise. I still think that the biggest hurdle in the 'cannabis war' is that every plant effects every person different

peace :)

Was the Kush to bring more THC into the blend? I think the Harleghani will give a nice THC balance to the Harley. I'm going to add your Journal to my watch list. I need to compare my ladies to yours. :)

Actually the KK was added to bring in more flavor...the Harlequin was working for my niece (epilepsy), but she said it tasted like dirt :p The other person Im growing for (chronic pain and a opiate issue) liked the Harley as is. But she liked the cross too... Im not really the end user, Im just trying to please both parties with one plant.

Back
Top Bottom