Crawdaddy's Fall 2013 LED Test Grow

The BlueBerry and Brainstorm both are getting more hairy and therefore probably go for a while more than I thought. That fine i like to see them plump up nicely.

The Hawaiian Snow needs a tomato cage. Getting one for it tomorrow, the buds are getting big, hopefully they be potent. No smell yet.

I still have mite problem. Probably try predator mites to keep them under control before harvest.

Blueberry60.jpg
BlueberryClose2.jpg
Brainstorm14.jpg
BrainstormClose1.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow9.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_Close5.jpg

Went home for lunch, my new 6 piece (4X2) COB LED light from TopLED has arrived safely with no damage. Will post pictures later after get back home and set up, but boy that sucker is bright. I plugged in, no switch, and cats looked at me with the 'WTF?!?!?!?!' look.

It is the 6 Piece COB. Each piece has 30 3 W diodes, mix of red/blue and white(I think). Each diode is pushed at 1.6 W. So each piece has 90W of diodes powered at 48 W. Total is 540W powered at 288W. That was from Cola Lee from TopLED.

After doing this well with 100W (max!), results should be amazing with the COB at nearly 3 times the power. Can't wait for the results to start showing up.

After doing this well with 100W (max!), results should be amazing with the COB at nearly 3 times the power. Can't wait for the results to start showing up.

Thanks, and i bet this '100w' only drawing about 75 W Max. On my new light if it was listed same way it would be 540 W. Its actual draw is ~300W, well from what they told me about what powering diodes at.

And I am not replacing the 100 W, it is sticking as is till those 3 plants finish. Where new light is going is my 3' X 3' grow tent. This one is the 20" by 36". Eventually this will be my mother/clone plant light/tent. I am going to flower 4 of my clones that I have under the fluorescent with the new light. with a SCROG and 4 massive, probably too big but o well, 15 gallon airpots.

Pics will be posted later after I get home from work.

Well got my new LED Light from TopLED today.

Ordered about 2 weeks ago, they had to make then ship from China, pretty dam quick IMO.

Initial thoughts...

1. Looks built well.
2. No power switch, not a problem to me.
3. Power cord not very long, minor
4. Bright as can be.

Here are the stats...

6 piece COB unit
each piece has 30 3 W diodes driven at 1.6 W each.
total Wattage = 540 W, total power draw 288 W.
Rated for 4' X 6' space.

My tent is 3' x 3' , so should be more then adequate. 4 of the plants in following pictures will be transplanted in a few days to 4 15 gallon airpots. Then using the SCROG method will veg till fill out a screen I will make. Then flip to 12/12.

Plants to be used, still not set in stone but pretty firm...

1- Double Berry clone. Free seed from seed order, mother finishing up nice in greenhouse.
1- Brainstorm clone. Mother is plant in this journal.
1- Hawaiian snow clone. Mother is also plant in this journal. Will probably train 2-4 weeks into flower.
1 -Choco Chunk clone. From local friend, mother finishing up in greenhouse.

Light...
DSCF3857.JPG
DSCF3858.JPG

Hung...
DSCF3860.JPG

Let there be Light! (after all I am god to these plants) Camera can not handle it.
DSCF3861.JPG
DSCF3862.JPG
DSCF3863.JPG

Well got my new LED Light from TopLED today.

Ordered about 2 weeks ago, they had to make then ship from China, pretty dam quick IMO.

Initial thoughts...

1. Looks built well.
2. No power switch, not a problem to me.
3. Power cord not very long, minor
4. Bright as can be.

Here are the stats...

6 piece COB unit
each piece has 30 3 W diodes driven at 1.6 W each.
total Wattage = 540 W, total power draw 288 W.
Rated for 4' X 6' space.

My tent is 3' x 3' , so should be more then adequate. 4 of the plants in following pictures will be transplanted in a few days to 4 15 gallon airpots. Then using the SCROG method will veg till fill out a screen I will make. Then flip to 12/12.

Plants to be used, still not set in stone but pretty firm...

1- Double Berry clone. Free seed from seed order, mother finishing up nice in greenhouse.
1- Brainstorm clone. Mother is plant in this journal.
1- Hawaiian snow clone. Mother is also plant in this journal. Will probably train 2-4 weeks into flower.
1 -Choco Chunk clone. From local friend, mother finishing up in greenhouse.

Light...
DSCF3857.JPG
DSCF3858.JPG

Hung...
DSCF3860.JPG

Let there be Light! (after all I am god to these plants) Camera can not handle it.
DSCF3861.JPG
DSCF3862.JPG
DSCF3863.JPG

Hey craw daddy, your setup reminds me a lot of my setup last year. LEDs airpots soil. Have you noticed that when you fill up the airpots all the way they water better than when its less filled? I did, was a pain to water until figured that out.
Nice light, dang you right not only cant your camera handle it my eyes cant either lol.
Nice to meet ya and swing by and check out what the cap'n and I are up to, the URL is in my sig.

Hey craw daddy, your setup reminds me a lot of my setup last year. LEDs airpots soil. Have you noticed that when you fill up the airpots all the way they water better than when its less filled? I did, was a pain to water until figured that out.
Nice light, dang you right not only cant your camera handle it my eyes cant either lol.
Nice to meet ya and swing by and check out what the cap'n and I are up to, the URL is in my sig.

Even then they are a pain to water. And they dry out ALOT faster, But i think they get more oxygen to roots. Will be transplanting 4 today or tomorrow so see how their roots look.

Congrats on your new light You should get great results. As for watering the air pots I had to take out my drip and water by hand today as I had to pull three males out of my grow room and it was a pain keepin the water in the pots. I'll modify the drip to water only three plants and put it back before the next watering. I now have 3 girls under 640 Watts they should have plenty of light now.
All the girls are showing pistils now not sure if they got pollinated or not will have to wait and see.

Good Luck with your grow Craw

Back
Top Bottom