Crawdaddy's Fall 2013 LED Test Grow

Congrats on your new light You should get great results. As for watering the air pots I had to take out my drip and water by hand today as I had to pull three males out of my grow room and it was a pain keepin the water in the pots. I'll modify the drip to water only three plants and put it back before the next watering. I now have 3 girls under 640 Watts they should have plenty of light now.
All the girls are showing pistils now not sure if they got pollinated or not will have to wait and see.

Good Luck with your grow Craw

thanks bro!

I would suspect that your be ok on pollination, might have a few seeds but I bet wont be many.

I transplanted the 4 plants that will make next flower into their permanent homes. They got moved into 15 gallon airpots, maybe a bit big but o well.

The plants that where transplanted are:
1- Double Berry
1- Hawaiian Snow
1- Choco Chunk
1- Brainstorm

All are clones so I know what I am getting. Most likely will do SCROG. Or some serious other training.

Here is the new pots...
DSCF3866.JPG

Pile of soil (4 cubic feet FF Happy Frog + 3 cubic feet FF Ocean Forest
DSCF3867.JPG

Here are plants before and after transplant.
DSCF3865.JPG
DSCF38681.JPG

And there new home.
DSCF38691.JPG

Once my outdoor journal is finished I will probably start new journal.

Well the bad news first, the Brainstorm had to be chopped due to having spider mite webbing all over her tops. Luckily the other two have no signs of mites on buds. Just added predator mits to the mix a few days ago so hopefully they start getting busy before the bad mites take over. will watch closely.

The Blueberry seems to be fox tailing and looking better actually.

The Hawaiian Snow is looking good still, top two buds now have smell. Looking like they be good.

The white bits are the corn dust the predator mites travel in.. will spray off in another few days.
Blueberry61.jpg
Blueberry_close6.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow10.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_Close6.jpg

Bad news......had to chop the last two plants and put in trash. Stupid spider mites had made webbing all over buds. Really wanted to see how Hawaiian Snow finished. O well, broke apart the big buds and it had good smell.

Going to bomb out the whole room with the 2 tents now since nothing in flower, anyone know of good bug bomb? Then I will use this tent for mothers/clones.

Will be closing this journal and starting new one for the 4 plants under COB led.

Well bad luck buddy but loving your new set up and I'll be following along once its up and running in another journal. Your light is awesome, and as I'm gonna try building my own LED lights in the new year, I'm very interested.
I was doing some research on LEDs and came across your lights design and plans. The guy who is the boss at that company put up the whole plans and how to build manual for your light. simply for domestic adventurers. No way will I be copying it in total as christ its in fine detail and looks complicated. Still really cool for a company to do that for us DIY idiots!

:cool:
Well bad luck buddy but loving your new set up and I'll be following along once its up and running in another journal. Your light is awesome, and as I'm gonna try building my own LED lights in the new year, I'm very interested.
I was doing some research on LEDs and came across your lights design and plans. The guy who is the boss at that company put up the whole plans and how to build manual for your light. simply for domestic adventurers. No way will I be copying it in total as christ its in fine detail and looks complicated. Still really cool for a company to do that for us DIY idiots!

That is noteworthy. Don't think I've heard of another light company doing that.

The probable unspoken message is "Think you can make one of these cheaper than we'll sell it to you? Knock your lights out."
I'm guessing if it's as complicated as you say, the cost of man-hours would make the retail version more attractive to most buyers. But there is that urge to tinker in most of us...:cool:

If I get the little buggers this winter they better like the cold and snow. Oh crud I have to go to Portland to a gut doctor in two hours.

Hey crawdaddy, for rooms I have read about people using foggers, ozone generators, and those bombs as well But I have never personally.. for mites I liked to switch it up from the sns217 as it seemed to work very well, smells very nice also. I'll use neem oil and some mighty wash as well in between each other to kill off mom & pop, then the babies :) totally ridding them is a pain.. I saw them gone completely of course when harvests occur and there are no other plants around, they are like cockroaches lol

Hey crawdaddy, for rooms I have read about people using foggers, ozone generators, and those bombs as well But I have never personally.. for mites I liked to switch it up from the sns217 as it seemed to work very well, smells very nice also. I'll use neem oil and some mighty wash as well in between each other to kill off mom & pop, then the babies :) totally ridding them is a pain.. I saw them gone completely of course when harvests occur and there are no other plants around, they are like cockroaches lol

thanks for the pointers, I have to look into Mighty Wash.

Back
Top Bottom