C99 345W LED Grow Test

Hey Ricky!

I just happened to stumble upon your journal while paging through the CURRENT topics list with Forum Runner on my iPod Touch.

All I can say is WOW! :thumb:

It was interesting reading through this whole thing in one sitting. LOVE the photos! What camera are you using? I have always been interested in LEDs but the price always puts me off. I figure maybe one of these days I'll POP for a set for my flower room.

Anyway... Just wanted to say THANKS for maintaining such a thorough and well documented grow journal! From the great photos to the reporting, I enjoyed reading all of it!

Good job and keep er going! :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Hey Ricky!

I just happened to stumble upon your journal while paging through the CURRENT topics list with Forum Runner on my iPod Touch.

All I can say is WOW! :thumb:

It was interesting reading through this whole thing in one sitting. LOVE the photos! What camera are you using? I have always been interested in LEDs but the price always puts me off. I figure maybe one of these days I'll POP for a set for my flower room.

Anyway... Just wanted to say THANKS for maintaining such a thorough and well documented grow journal! From the great photos to the reporting, I enjoyed reading all of it!

Good job and keep er going! :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Yo thx bro, some good compliments in there! My camera? Nothing special, for the most part my HTC Incredible, up until flowering. I bought a $10 utility light for the flower room and I just turn off the LED and use the utility light when taking the pix and Im using a Canon PowerShot TX1 camcorder lol. Hope you stick around for the finale! I got my USB microscope on de way.

Aaaaand your welcome - comments like yours make documentation rewarding :icon_cool

Ill have to check out your grow bro.

Yo thx bro, some good compliments in there! My camera? Nothing special, for the most part my HTC Incredible, up until flowering. I bought a $10 utility light for the flower room and I just turn off the LED and use the utility light when taking the pix and Im using a Canon PowerShot TX1 camcorder lol. Hope you stick around for the finale! I got my USB microscope on de way.

Aaaaand your welcome - comments like yours make documentation rewarding :icon_cool

Ill have to check out your grow bro.

Please do! I'd love to get your feedback! My grows are split between indoors and outdoors, with the outdoor grows being the main part of the action during the growing season. I use the indoor stuff primarily for overwintering mother plants and for jump starting flowering until the light cycle outside is close enough to 12/12 that I can move them back outside to finish.

What microscope did you get? I've got a Celestron lab grade scope with a 2 megapixel USB camera attachment. If you go through my journal you will see several sections before the most recent harvests where I posted a bunch of trichome shots with it. The images of my Grand Daddy Purple plant at week 7 and 8 were especially interesting! PURPLE Trichome stalks!

I'll definitely stick around! I'm subbed in and am looking forward to your BIG FINISH!! :)

Please do! I'd love to get your feedback!

Uhhhh... my feedback? Im not very experienced lol. Tomorrow Ill take an hour to catch up on your journal. From what I saw in the last 5 or 6 pages, Itll be worth the time!

I got a cheapo ms from sunvalleytek - $32 hopefully its at least 1.3 megapixel.

Uhhhh... my feedback? Im not very experienced lol. Tomorrow Ill take an hour to catch up on your journal. From what I saw in the last 5 or 6 pages, Itll be worth the time!

I got a cheapo ms from sunvalleytek - $32 hopefully its at least 1.3 megapixel.

Well you wouldn't know that from looking at those lovely plants of yours! :laughtwo:

Thanks for taking the time to read through my journal! Its pretty big at this point so take your time. I surely wouldn't expect you to try and get through the whole thing in just one sitting! ;)

Ricky W., Just this - :adore:

:bongrip: - JZ

lol thank you sir. Much appreciated. Im pulling for a break in your current grow man. Sux your not dialed in for the contest, but Im sure you aint going to lay down :)

lol thank you sir. Much appreciated. Im pulling for a break in your current grow man. Sux your not dialed in for the contest, but Im sure you aint going to lay down :)

Well the PE girl I put down there yesterday is looking mighty perky tonight, so I'm guessing you were dead nuts on with the mix being too hot for the babies - might cut it with coco as a pre-mix, then transplant into the straight stuff next go round. This is all a learning experience, and I'm not throwing in the towel yet...(I gotta kick SteveHman's ass ;) )

:bongrip: - JZ

Ricky,
day # 49, How are the trichomes?
Starting to get any milk in them?
4 days until the day when I cut my last batch(53 days)
Man did it make that head high :) :)
I think that I' m going to take the next run in like four different chops to get the best buzz for my liking.
First chop @53 days, second @55, third @57, last @59. Label them, dry, cure then judge. What do you think?

Update pics? Where is that new gadget you were getting for better pictures ?

I know Brother Grimm stock ideal was 55 days but with these hybrids, you just don't know. Mine i let go 60 days after checking the trichromes to get the milkey effect. No amber on those sativas, just a pure high.

:goodluck:
Flipper

Lookin great Ricky! Those are some nice Colas. I want a full smoke report on these ladies when it comes time as Cindy was a strain I REALLY wanted but the SSC was out... So i settled with Lemon Skunk and its OK but i fell in love with that Cindys description.

Beans,
had a lot of sativas and she's in the top 5.
Puts me in a happy energetic place that I Love. :)
Plus short flowering period is a plus too.
Only Jamaican Lambsbreath & Monkey Paw can I remember as having a more enjoyable high.
Want to try Western Winds and Kali-Mist but they both flower for too long.
Oh and the Mekong High too, but 18 week flowering time. Yikes !!

ilynnboy,

my guess is which ever of those days falls on a full moon will be the most potent, if they are any where near that phase when your planned pick starts.

I noticed on my last grow how much stickier and smellier they seem to get at full moon. Then after a few days they seem more oily to touch than sticky., and the smell diminishes. And during veg how much more they seem to perk up.

My current grow just got flipped to 12/12 this past saturday and it will end up between 9 and 10 weeks in 2 more full moons. It's just an experiment, but if they are sticky and smelly they will most likely be picked.

Nice wives tale.
Put it in the mythbuster thread and run it out.
I'm doing a mythbuster on taproot extrusion as sex foreteller.
Check it out. A great thread.
Thinking of asking one of the moderators to put a link on my signature ( wink wink hint hint). Something like" What myths do you hold to be true? Look for the answer here". Then the link.
What do you say mods?
Since I am too chicken shit for a journal.

Going to try that one with some clones.
Nice one, any others? Put them on Mythbusters.
Sorry to jack ur thread Ricky. :-(

Ricky, nice journal, clean grow. LEDs are doing the job definitely. Info like this is what will make old timers like me change. What kind of air purifier are you running?

Twelve 12, my c99 was exactly as described on the bay.
Short, fast and fruity with a clean energetic high.
Sweet plants, just don't expect chem dog potency.

Ricky, keeping your thread warm for you. What's goin on?
Day 50 update?

Ricky, keeping your thread warm for you. What's goin on?
Day 50 update?

Sorry, been busy. Thx for keeping her running.

Lookin great Ricky! Those are some nice Colas. I want a full smoke report on these ladies when it comes time as Cindy was a strain I REALLY wanted but the SSC was out... So i settled with Lemon Skunk and its OK but i fell in love with that Cindys description.

Thx! Lemon Skunk aint settling, I love that stuff! If you want C99 just go to BC Bud.

The C99 is on its way to the grow room. Thanks again for pointing me to the right direction. Can't wait to get similar results.

Nice, Id like to see these babies under the eye of a pro!

Ricky, nice journal, clean grow. LEDs are doing the job definitely. Info like this is what will make old timers like me change. What kind of air purifier are you running?

Hey OG13. Thx bro, the LEDs did not disappoint. The purifiers Im using Im not sure are available anymore. I have two Sharper Image Hybrid GPs. They were like $400 but I know you can get others for around $250.

Ill post an update in a few hours guys - I received my USB MS so Ill be trying that out. Stay tuned.

It's true about harvesting on a full moon. Something about the moons gravity pulls more resins out to the buds compared to a new moon that pulls toward the roots. Kind of like the ocean.

Your plants look great ;) love to see more led grows. Keep it up

Back
Top Bottom