Budman Growing Some Classics

Too late MRXC, microwaved blue cheese = random fits of laughter :rollit:

It's cool though, I'll be leaving them alone now, I just like to get a flavour for them a bit early so I know roughly what to expect. Plus it gets you through the days when you've run out of bud :ganjamon:

I think so far I'm happy with the ones I've tried. I find with the microwaving method you get a snapshot of the high - like you run through the peaks and troughs but in a much shorter duration. I haven't tried the ammo either because it's so far from done - easily another 3 or 4 weeks - whereas the others are maybe a week or two out at most.

Update for end of week 8

So damn close! It's torture now but they're getting there. I think the c99, blue cheese and aurora indica will be done in the next week and the original ammo won't be far behind. They'll all be getting plain water later although they're all yellowed out anyway but it can't hurt.

I'm also going to take off one of the supercropped branches on the c99 - it seems to have matured a bit quicker than the others probably due to being snapped so drastically. Fuck it, some nice early smoke whilst I trim up next weekend will be sweet :ganjamon:

Anyways, here's the photos

Ganja gu brah :ganjamon:

Update for the end of week 9.

It's a late one this week due to phone trouble (I dropped it in a bucket of water) and inevitably this isn't the end - fresh pistils have emerged on all the plants so I think it'll be at least another week. Not really a bad thing though as I want the buds to fatten up a bit more before they come down.

Here it is, at ten weeks of flowering, THE REAPING!! :rip::ganjamon::ganjamon::rip:

I've cut all the plants whole and hung them in the tent. I was originally only planning on doing the c99 and blue cheese but the others seemed done as well and this is now more convenient.

I didn't really trim, just picked the major leaves off and cut them at the base. Enjoy the photos, I'll come back with weights next week when they're done drying and in jars. Ganja gu brah everyone :ganjamon:

Thought I'd just add some thoughts on this grow whilst I wait for everything to dry (I'm not a patient guy :ganjamon:)

Well having seen how much my juicy, delicious buds have shrunk down over just the last few days I doubt I'm going to hit my goal of 1oz per plant. It's a bit frustrating as I've never got to even that modest achievement and I know other growers on the net have hit as much as 7-8oz with a 250w and 4x 5litre pots. Still, I've only just switched to hps and here's what I've learned from this grow.

1. I need to feed more. Every single plant yellowed out to some degree far too early on in the bud cycle. I always err on the side of caution (in fact I've just had a lesson in not being too heavy handed with the nutes by burning up two tangies I'm vegging for a seed run) but clearly this time, with a more powerful light, I went too far the other way.

2. Defoliate less. I did more than I usually do on this run and I think that that's what contributed to the yellowing and lower than desired yeild. Next time I'll do less leaf stripping and wait until a few weeks into flower to do it. This time round I got the perfect storm of not enough feed and too few leaves.

3. Keep more of an eye on the heat. The hps has been very sensitive when heat is concerned. Some days I had the plants less than 5 inches away from the bulb with no I'll effects, other days they burned at 8 inches. It's a pain in the arse but I do prefer it over the led. As I've mentioned before the leds can be too strong for some plants and I can't get the headroom to prevent that so this is much easier to work with.

Think that's all in terms of improvements for next time. As I mentioned I'm doing a seed run to make tangie f2s, tangie X skunk and maybe skunk X snowbud. The tangie is what I'm most interested in so hopefully they'll survive. I also have a papaya S1 and a lemon Kush S1 from a light leak hermie grow that I thought I'd chuck in to test if they herm too. The lemon kush has sadly burned up like the tangies - I've cut the feed out and switched the led I was using to veg for a fluro and hopefully all the sad plants will recover.

Next update will be the weigh in and that cannot come soon enough :rollit::ganjamon::rollit:

Ganja gu brah.

Yield is in for the c99 at about 17grams - well below my goal :rolleyes: still, the majority of buds are nice and tight and I only had 3grams of trim and fluff. Plus, I made a nice ball of hash from the dust after trimming which I've just smoked in a joint with some larf buds - very nice :ganjamon:
The bud is quite dry and they were easy to destem but there's little scent and no flavour so hopefully a good cure will bring out the nice tropical pineapple smell they had when growing.

The high is nice and clear with pressure on the back of the head and temples. Very relaxing.

The other plants still have a lot of moisture in them so it'll probably be a few days before they get weighed and jarred. The plan is to do what I've done for the Cindy and split the main crop from the fluff. That way the main crop can cure for a month or so whilst I smoke up the fluff from all the plants and I still have trim to make into hash :ganjamon::ganjamon:

Ganja gu brah

Ok, let's shut this shit down with one last post. Everything is now trimmed and is in jars curing. I've got a mixed jar of fluff buds too which I'm smoking whilst the main stash cures. I'll try to give a bit of a rundown below each bud pic :ganjamon:

First up

C99. As before, 17 grams. Not much smell off this one initially and I was worried I'd fucked it somehow in the drying but it's slowly started to come back into the main jar as the buds sweat a bit. It's a sort of tropical aroma with a hint of pineapple but still very subtle. The taste isn't much yet either. She's outdone by her daughter grapefruit for both smell and taste but the high is pretty sweet. It comes on slowly but hard and settles in to buzzing in the temples and rear of the head. Then total relaxation follows which peters out over time to a nice calm high. I like :ganjamon:

Aurora indica. Yielded the lowest at 14g. This one smells like some gross sickly blackcurrant and berry cordial. To be honest I'm barely smoking this shit because I don't like the smell. I'm hoping it'll improve in the main jar over time. The little bits I have smoked have been nice and relaxing for body and mind. Hopefully I'll get used to the honk.

Original amnesia. 16 grams, not as much as it looked growing on the branch. Basically this smells dank. I have no other words, it just smells like fucking weed. You know when you get some weed and you're like "this is the smell of weed inside my head" this is that. Yeah.
Taste wise it isn't too special, just weed again really. The high is pretty standard as well from the larf but should improve in time after curing. I'm not getting the amnesia effect really but it's ok.

Blue Cheese. Came in at about 20g. Doesn't really smell like cheese in any way, more just a berry sour skunk. It's pretty nice though and the taste comes through as well making it a joy to smoke :ganjamon:
The only issue is the high is pretty strong and full on so you need to have nothing much to do for a while. I like it but I've mainly been smoking it mixed with c99 or the ammo to mellow it out a bit. I suspect it's going to be amazing when its cured out.

Anyway, th-th-th-that's all folks!

Ganja gu brah :ganjamon:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom