Gangalicious Experimental Med Grow Lab - Part 3A - Flowering a Plant with 2 x 90W LED

Re: Gangalicious Experimental Med Grow Lab, Part 3a: flowering a plant with 2 X 90W L

[/QUOTE]That's a pretty big tent, so I'd probably go for some additional CFLs like you mentioned. Is the 250 watter the one with all 3W leds or does it have a mix of 1W and 3W?

Lemme know when you get the journal up. It'll be cool to see how that mix of lights works out. Should work great tho.[/QUOTE]

It is the Pro grow which has a mix of 1watt and 3watt LEDs. Here is the link to the site Pro-Grow 250 Watt LED (Selective Switch). You will also find the 50watt bi spectrum plasma induction lamps on there too. I did a lot of research before I finally went with Hydroponics Hut it seemed that most LED companies were extremely over priced, or was made by some unknown Chinese company that is probably more likely to start your house on fire then grow nice buds as most of them use lights made for traffic lights, and not even close to the right light spectrum's. Hydroponics Hut seemed to have the best blend of engineering and price point, so although LED's are a gamble I felt this was a well informed one and I am excited to see what results I can get. I didn't really realize the size of the tent until I had it up:bong:, so I am definitely going to have to add 2 more CFL's for supplemental lighting or maybe some T5's. I am waiting on the light and some other materials before I can really get started, but delivery date is tomorrow, I will try to put up the journal with pics of the setup by this weekend, see if the LED gamble pays off:goodluck:

Re: Gangalicious Experimental Med Grow Lab, Part 3a: flowering a plant with 2 X 90W L

It is the Pro grow which has a mix of 1watt and 3watt LEDs. Here is the link to the site Pro-Grow 250 Watt LED (Selective Switch). You will also find the 50watt bi spectrum plasma induction lamps on there too. I did a lot of research before I finally went with Hydroponics Hut it seemed that most LED companies were extremely over priced, or was made by some unknown Chinese company that is probably more likely to start your house on fire then grow nice buds as most of them use lights made for traffic lights, and not even close to the right light spectrum's. Hydroponics Hut seemed to have the best blend of engineering and price point, so although LED's are a gamble I felt this was a well informed one and I am excited to see what results I can get. I didn't really realize the size of the tent until I had it up:bong:, so I am definitely going to have to add 2 more CFL's for supplemental lighting or maybe some T5's. I am waiting on the light and some other materials before I can really get started, but delivery date is tomorrow, I will try to put up the journal with pics of the setup by this weekend, see if the LED gamble pays off:goodluck:

Good luck! I'll check it out!

Final Haul: 49g (1.73 oz)

The buds have been curing for about a week . . .

:peace:

Great job man. those buds look tasty. :roorrip:

Thanks man. A couple more weeks and they should be ready to go.

Here is the link, if you get some time check it out.:)

Experimental LED/Plasma Induction Grow

Thanks man, I'm gonna check it out.

nice haul gangalicious! Loved this grow and your last!

Everytime I see a plant with hardly any leaves I can't help but wonder if it is a good or bad thing. Does it really increase yield to lollypop or was it just necessary because of the confined space?

Yep, mostly it was because of the tight space but it was also because the leds do not penetrate through the canopy very far. Many of the lower leaves fell off on their own in early flower anyway due to lack of light. Under more ideal conditions, I would not have trimmed her so much.

Hey i sent you a PM could you please respond.

Got it!

:peace:

That's a pretty big tent, so I'd probably go for some additional CFLs like you mentioned. Is the 250 watter the one with all 3W leds or does it have a mix of 1W and 3W?

Lemme know when you get the journal up. It'll be cool to see how that mix of lights works out. Should work great tho.[/QUOTE]

It is the Pro grow which has a mix of 1watt and 3watt LEDs. Here is the link to the site Pro-Grow 250 Watt LED (Selective Switch). You will also find the 50watt bi spectrum plasma induction lamps on there too. I did a lot of research before I finally went with Hydroponics Hut it seemed that most LED companies were extremely over priced, or was made by some unknown Chinese company that is probably more likely to start your house on fire then grow nice buds as most of them use lights made for traffic lights, and not even close to the right light spectrum's. Hydroponics Hut seemed to have the best blend of engineering and price point, so although LED's are a gamble I felt this was a well informed one and I am excited to see what results I can get. I didn't really realize the size of the tent until I had it up:bong:, so I am definitely going to have to add 2 more CFL's for supplemental lighting or maybe some T5's. I am waiting on the light and some other materials before I can really get started, but delivery date is tomorrow, I will try to put up the journal with pics of the setup by this weekend, see if the LED gamble pays off:goodluck:[/QUOTE]

I am currently running the pro 250.All the red spec leds are 3 watt and the crea blue leds are 1 watt but are better qualidy leds which are equal to 3 watts of any other make of led....Well from what I read any way.As for there plasma lights from what I have seen I am not impressed(week).T5 is the way to go IMO.In my set up with a 2x4x5.5 tent I think this is the maximum for the 250 watt led.I am also running 4 t5s(2bluex2soft 2700) hanging down on each corner of my tent and so far seems to really fill my tent with a smooth spectrum of light.So far my tomato plants realy dont agree with the light but they are over 5ft tall and fruit seems to be producing well.My peppers which are about 3ft below the light seem to be doing veary well...
Great job gonja I just started an ice seed I hope she is a female so I can clone later.lol.Just the one for now still have the outdoor gungle going lol.As soon as I get my pc back I will start a journal or post some picks along the way.I think this light is going penetrate nicely I think this light will do well in a 3x3ft area and I have faith its going to penetrate down to about 4ft for maximum yeild.:goodjob:

I am currently running the pro 250.All the red spec leds are 3 watt and the crea blue leds are 1 watt but are better qualidy leds which are equal to 3 watts of any other make of led....Well from what I read any way.As for there plasma lights from what I have seen I am not impressed(week).T5 is the way to go IMO.In my set up with a 2x4x5.5 tent I think this is the maximum for the 250 watt led.I am also running 4 t5s(2bluex2soft 2700) hanging down on each corner of my tent and so far seems to really fill my tent with a smooth spectrum of light.So far my tomato plants realy dont agree with the light but they are over 5ft tall and fruit seems to be producing well.My peppers which are about 3ft below the light seem to be doing veary well...
Great job gonja I just started an ice seed I hope she is a female so I can clone later.lol.Just the one for now still have the outdoor gungle going lol.As soon as I get my pc back I will start a journal or post some picks along the way.I think this light is going penetrate nicely I think this light will do well in a 3x3ft area and I have faith its going to penetrate down to about 4ft for maximum yeild.:goodjob:

Yeah man, I like the idea of having the supplemental t-5 side lighting to fill out the spectrum and boost the overall light intensity. The Grape Ice strain seemed to do well in my tent with nothing but 300 watts of T5s and U-shaped fluorescents. These buds ended up being more dense than the buds grown under the 180watts of LEDs.

Also, the Grape Ice really seems to need a good flushing at the end followed by a long cure to temper some of the harshness. Not the smoothest smoke in the world, but if you want to be sunk into the sofa cushions for a few hours, then this would be the strain for you.

Are the tomato plants doing any better? You said the fruits are doing okay? Seems like I've seen a million tomato plants with awful looking leaves but with nice tomatoes. Dunno a thing about growing them, but I was thinking about trying some herbs/spices under the LEDs tho.

Take care of that jungle!

Re: Gangalicious Experimental Med Grow Lab, Part 3a: Flowering a Plant with 2 X 90W L

Thanks for sharing your grow with us, Gangalicious!

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

The buds look great, I am glad to see another successful LED grow. I will be doing my own LED grow experiment soon with a setup that I have seen no one run yet, utilizing a 250Watt Hydroponics Hut Pro grow LED and two 50 watt Bi-spectrum plasma induction lamps, in a 5X5X7 Grow tent. I may throw some CFL's in there for some extra lighting. I will be putting up the grow journal soon, and I may need to tap you for some LED tips;) Great Journal Look forward to more.:bravo:

Keep it green:grinjoint:

Anomoly Can't pm you yet...

Got your name from Pro Grow website. I am considering their 250. Used a UFO 90 plus CFLs for 2 grows, and got really good results, but def need more LEDs

Please let me know when you start a journal using their light.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom