Gangalicious Experimental Med Grow Lab - Part 3A - Flowering a Plant with 2 x 90W LED

Re: Gangalicious Experimental Med Grow Lab, Part 3a: flowering a plant with 2 X 90W L

It took me a good while to gain the courage of taking the chance in damaging and voiding warranty of a 500 dallar unit...owwww boy trust me gonjalicios I am so glad that was just taped in there.Believe me I was sweating bullets.lol.
Great grows gonja.Ive been following both your flourescent and led grows.And you realy do have that purple thumbe...Nice
:blunt:

Re: Gangalicious Experimental Med Grow Lab, Part 3a: flowering a plant with 2 X 90W L

It took me a good while to gain the courage of taking the chance in damaging and voiding warranty of a 500 dallar unit...owwww boy trust me gonjalicios I am so glad that was just taped in there.Believe me I was sweating bullets.lol.
Great grows gonja.Ive been following both your flourescent and led grows.And you realy do have that purple thumbe...Nice
:blunt:

It's a pleasure to have you along, turttle.

Day 84:
Day084_013.JPG

Day084_017.jpg
Day084_019.jpg

:peace:

Day 90 Update:

Trichomes are mostly cloudy, around 80% I'd say, and the rest are clear. I can find an amber head every now and again, but nothing significant. She has not become any more plump in the last week or so. I've been watering with plain R/O water, about 2-3 gallons per watering every third day, so that her runoff reduced gradually over time to about 200 ppm, where it is now. Plenty of green still in the leaves tho.

Day090_008.jpg

Day090_013.jpg

Day090_014.jpg

:peace:

Plant of the month Gang!, nice pics.

Thanks! And I think she's gonna be ready pretty soon now, maybe even before the month of August ends! LOL!

It actually looks like she'll be coming down within the next few days tho . . .

Great job man! :thumb: How big are those buds? Hold something up next to them when you take your next pictures if you would.. :goodjob:

Day 97. Here are a few that came out okay. I'll see if I can get some better ones tomorrow.
Day097_007.JPG

Day097_008.JPG

Day097_012.JPG

:yummy:

did you PH the RO water? When you flush should it be PHed or what? Can you use plane tap water or distiled and again does it have to be PHed? How many times do you flush and at what intervals and how much water?

There are lots of opinions out there (and anyone can feel free to chime in with their own), but here's what I did:

I did initially check the RO water's pH and total dissolved solids, but the pH always measured slightly below neutral at around 6.7-6.8, so lately I've been dousing her straight from the bottle without checking. I still check the water's TDS and pH from time to time, just to be sure, but the TDS is always very low and the pH is pretty much always around 6.7.

A couple of times I tested some bottled distilled water. The TDS was very low, at around 2-3 ppm so I added a grain of salt to the sample (pure salt does not change pH of pure water) to get the PPM up high enough for my pH meter to work. It measured just below neutral, so I poured that water straight from the bottle and into her soil. No problem, man.

There is a water store near my house. Very clean water (RO, carbon filtered, UV sanitized). It usually measures 0-1 ppm. Added a grain of salt to some samples: pH was just below neutral time and again. This is the water I've been using lately to flush because it's too easy and costs just 25 cents/gal. Doused her straight from the bottle without worrying about the pH a couple of times even, but I still check from time to time, but that's mostly cuz I love my pH and TDS meters a bit too much.

Tap water is another story. I don't even use my filtered tap water to flush because it's got way too much dissolved calcium carbonate. It's got so much calcium that I'll probably never have to take a calcium supplement ever again. When I make ice cubes with this water I can see the calcium precipitate out into a white solid at the bottom of my glass of ice water. Good for humans, but too much calcium for the ladies while flushing, and this water comes out of the filter at a pH of around 7.4 and around 250-300ppm TDS. Not ideal. So, kinda depends on the quality of your water.

This time around, I began giving her plain RO water at day 81, about 2-3 gallons in her 4.5 gallon pot every third day or so at first. I checked her runoff TDS after every RO watering. Runoff TDS decreased more slowly than I expected. Even after several waterings like this, her runoff was still tinted with the color of molasses and nutes and stuff, so the last couple of times I really saturated her good. A couple days ago I sent 7 gallons through her. I think she's good to go now.

So, in all that I dunno if I answered any of your questions, but I'd say if someone didn't have a pH meter, for example, I'm sure they could get away with using good quality RO water or distilled water for the flush without worrying too much as long as the soil pH was reasonably balanced to begin with. I would not give my plants plain tap water under any circumstances, unless I first let it sit out uncovered for a night to allow chlorine compounds to vaporize out of the water. Even then, it wouldn't be ideal, unless you live in a place with good or great tap water.

:thumb:

Wow, dem budz look so suggary!:lot-o-toke::thumb::goodjob:

Wow, dem budz look so suggary!:lot-o-toke::thumb::goodjob:
Yeah man, I can't wait to tear into em!

how much did that end up weighing dried?

I ended up chopping her down yesterday, so the buds are still drying. I goofed and forgot to get a wet weight, so estimation by the usual formula may be a bit tough. Today, after about 20 hours of drying, the buds weighed 171g.

The buds look great, I am glad to see another successful LED grow. I will be doing my own LED grow experiment soon with a setup that I have seen no one run yet, utilizing a 250Watt Hydroponics Hut Pro grow LED and two 50 watt Bi-spectrum plasma induction lamps, in a 5X5X7 Grow tent. I may throw some CFL's in there for some extra lighting. I will be putting up the grow journal soon, and I may need to tap you for some LED tips;) Great Journal Look forward to more.:bravo:

Keep it green:grinjoint:

Oh my god, christmas came really early this year for you! ;) :yummy: :goodjob: :welldone: :bravo:

Yeah, and if I play my cards right with the veg and flower cycles then it'll be Christmas every 30 days or so! That'd be sweet. Thanks man!

The buds look great, I am glad to see another successful LED grow. I will be doing my own LED grow experiment soon with a setup that I have seen no one run yet, utilizing a 250Watt Hydroponics Hut Pro grow LED and two 50 watt Bi-spectrum plasma induction lamps, in a 5X5X7 Grow tent. I may throw some CFL's in there for some extra lighting. I will be putting up the grow journal soon, and I may need to tap you for some LED tips;) Great Journal Look forward to more.:bravo:

Keep it green:grinjoint:

That's a pretty big tent, so I'd probably go for some additional CFLs like you mentioned. Is the 250 watter the one with all 3W leds or does it have a mix of 1W and 3W?

Lemme know when you get the journal up. It'll be cool to see how that mix of lights works out. Should work great tho.

Back
Top Bottom