Gator's Cage

Re: Gators' Cage

Humidity domes and spraying are overrated. All it takes is to allow a cutting to completely wilt before dealing with it and then watch it stand right back up again after it is dealt with to realize that they are capable of drawing moisture up through the stem as long as there is still an "open wound"
These were just trimmings that got lucky(so far). I put a couple drops K-L-N in, see what happens.
10% RH is nice, but I wonder how important it is in certain environments? For example, if it's really hot and the humidity is really low, the plant is going to transpire more. If that plant has dense buds, such transpiration might make mold even more likely than if the same plant had a slightly higher RH-environment to begin with and used (& transpired) less moisture.
10% would be a quick-dry 'curing' cabinet from a desiccant or dehumidifier.
I think stomata throw off more water in the heat than on cool days for the same reason we sweat in such weather. Heat of vaporization comes from somewhere. I see dew when RH is extremely high (outdoors). No standing films of water in desert dry air.
Hope that whenever you decide to harvest, that your buds are free from mold, as strong as they can be, and produce the affect that you're looking for.
Thanks TS, that's the best I can hope for too. :thanks:

These are busting out in early stretch, with that baby puke green fast growth. Like last time, they're going to eat and grow a bit before they show me their pretty parts. T.Hee
000_1081.JPG

000_1092.JPG

000_1085.JPG

They got tied: 'Up against the wall girls, and spread 'em'.
000_1087.JPG

000_1099.JPG

thanks for the update, nice pics!

Those 3-liter bottles look like a great size for all kinds of setups. Do you think it's worth covering them up with a sleeve or something for darkness, or are the roots doing OK without that?

Pretty maids all in a row.

Can't wait to see them in a few weeks.

Looking good as always! :welldone:

I really like the pic looking down into the cage...great view to see how tight you're tying them to the walls. Hard to tell in the side view pics.

Any new goals for those girls?..or just trying to create solid repeatable system?

something for darkness, or are the roots doing OK without that?
That pic was to show how 'unconcerned' roots are with green filtered light.
I have plenty root-mass to deliver the juice upstairs, this is hydro: no mystery search required. Wish I could stifle the dam roots.

Those bottles are hot stuff, but they don't stand up on their own. Run-off containment/control is worth their hassle.
Got an :idea: for that, and it's a good one.
Very soon because pulling them out to hand-water gets old quick.
I'd like to run no-veg shorties in 2 liter bottles with Oscote and timer/pump watering, it's on the list. I'd like to simplify, but my H&G results are so good, and I just popped open a new pair of liter Cocos. I'll put prills with my mamas for sure. Don't know when I'll do a trial flower grow with them, but I want to.

Any new goals for those girls?..or just trying to create solid repeatable system?
Exactly! These may do better, but I really want a no-brainer 'by the numbers' process with no bloody numbers. Let the numbers serve me without my attentive notice, like music. Nute service including pH control is H&Gs' worry: that's why I pay them the big bucks.

Hoping all holds out for ya Gator! I get kinda lost with words when I read through your updates, but this time I got thinking...

If it's ok with you, I would like to consider you my 420 mentor. :grinjoint:

Your very insightful and I find a sense of calmness when envisioning the words you speak. I hope that doesn't sound strange!

The cage reaps with excellence!

That pic was to show how 'unconcerned' roots are with green filtered light.
I have plenty root-mass to deliver the juice upstairs, this is hydro: no mystery search required. Wish I could stifle the dam roots.

OK, cause I thought earlier in the journal you mentioned that the roots were shying away from the sides of the bottles, even though they were green.

A window into the root zone is nice!

Those bottles are hot stuff, but they don't stand up on their own. Run-off containment/control is worth their hassle.
Got an :idea: for that, and it's a good one.
Very soon because pulling them out to hand-water gets old quick.
I'd like to run no-veg shorties in 2 liter bottles with Oscote and timer/pump watering, it's on the list. I'd like to simplify, but my H&G results are so good, and I just popped open a new pair of liter Cocos. I'll put prills with my mamas for sure. Don't know when I'll do a trial flower grow with them, but I want to.

sounds like a plan!

A window into the root zone is nice!
On a golf course, full of myself I decare: Par's boring!

Stricktly supporting roles; roots are not the stars.
Peons are not allowed to upstage the talent, else the cage looses balance.
As Yogi Berra might have said: when they're big enough, they're big enough.

I put Alum foil shade-shields on the now ripe grow, but they were soon redundant.
In the run of sixteen, I cured an acceptable .63g/watt of very dank buds, but...
Roots had not fully taken the available full 2 liters; half or less but were shaded.
Sloppy nursery work could have been fixed with a bit more veg time, but didn't get it.

You're very insightful, and I find a sense of calmness when envisioning the words you speak.
Pres, that is the nicest thing to hear! :thanks:

Osmocote is new. First, I will simplify mom maintainance. Then I hope to try it flowering, but the competition is bunkered in. Cocos works real good.
Got that bottle tonight from your influence, Doc. I have high hopes.

I may be a beta model of master grower; a work in progress. :smokin:

Have you used the Pro-Tekt before?

I used some early in my current grow and plants liked it, but it will wreak havoc with your PH.

It raises it quite a bit, then you correct it down, and the next day it's back up again. I just thought about double-checking the nutes the next day to see where they were at and I'm glad I did.

Very good stuff though, if you're aware of the PH issue.

I know one thing, I don't think I'll ever use PH-up again, lol. This stuff works better for that and supplements with good stuff to boot.

pH is 6.2 by my un adjusted meter, when I put it in the water+ base Cocos.
That number may or may not be significant. I don't adjust, I just pour.
No 'deficiencies' or 'lockout' that I can see. Good nutes plus 2 mls Pro-Tekt per gallon always.
Tonic, like cannabis is for me. Fixes shit before you know its' broke.

Hey their Propa Gator. First of all let me say that you are a master of your craft sir! Also i am sad that i only stumbled upon this journal only now. But i'm very glad i did. I'm in in now so keep up the awesome work and take care!

What is the pro-tekt and osmocote
Silicon additive and time-release fertilizer prills.
I am sad that I only stumbled upon this journal only now, but I'm very glad I did.
Welcome WAGG. 'Now' is the most significant moment.
You can't change the past unless you lie like a politician,
Or a Texas schoolbook revisionista.
Tomorrows' plans are dreams, too often re-occurring.
Action is for now: conception, research, execution.

Here's my big idea for drain containment. Sched 40 inch and a quarter. 2" hole saw worked and the runoff falls into a 4$ dishpan- 15 x 20" about 7 gallons till "oh, shit! gotta drain this". 2 or 3 wks, I figure. The base boards sit on the pan :)
000_11282.JPG

Kind of reminds me of the old pop-bottle ebb & flow thing that's been floating around for 25 years or so.

Yours is drain-only?

Excellent simple solution for drainage, and it looks like the pipes also add support and stability to the bottles. Very nice.

I have basically the same thing in my cab, with a hole in the bottom that drains into a pan sitting underneath. Gets drained about once a week or so.

lazy mofos come up with elegant solutions ;)

Yours is drain-only?
Yep, water to waste. The bottles just sit in the pipe-fitting opening, not sealed.
I'll soon have drippers and a very small pump on a digital timer, and another residing in the sump for pump-outs.
I have an 8 unit waterfarm gathering dust and taking space, recirculating systems are a PIA.
I tried once, to make one of those ebb flo pvc & pop bottle deals, but couldn't seal the bottles to the pipe.

Back
Top Bottom