G'day from down under

Gumber

:Namaste:and Hello,

Im a 28 year old male from Melbourne Victoria, long time smoker, first time :420: poster. I don't need to talk about how i think cannabis can change the world, we are all on this website for that exact reason. What i do want to get across is my want and desire to learn about the cultivation and proper techniques on making ointments and oils. My family has a few issues that medication and doctors are useless at fixing, so this is more of a NEED than a want. I'm not rich so i cannot buy move than 1/4 of cannabis at any point so learning to grow successfully and safely (away from prying eyes of the law) are something i need to learn. I am not involved in any gangs or criminal enterprises, so i humbly request if anyone in my area is willing to take me under their wing and offer me guidance i would be most appreciative. I hope to join those making a real difference in peoples lives and gladly say, Peace and Love to all of you. :peacetwo:AND:love: :thanks:

Welcome to 420mag dude, the one stop shop for all your grow info etc. I myself run on a pretty tight budget and in the long run works out a lot cheaper to grow my own and actually know the strain haha, i dont know what its like down melb but up here there is no strains or different flavors etc, you go to the dealer and buy "hydro" and never know the quality. Take some time to read around the forums as there is a lot of great information out there, many different setups you can go with etc. First place i would start would be How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Trust me, once you get started you will be hooked on growing and will never go back to them seedy dealers again haha, have a good one ;)

I hear you on the neccessity issue. I consider what I'm doing mission critical. However, read the TOS and don't discuss where you're from anymore.

Is there a reason you're after oinments or oils initially? Or just because they're effectacious? Heh don't try to sound edumatated right after a bong hit....

Point being, I grew for the smoke since it addressed the immedeate issues. And I took the trim and some bud and experimented with cookies, and that turned out to be a homerun as well. Don't approach weed like any other drug in my humble opinion. Pharmaceuticals you work up your dose because they can kill you. Unless you're planning to start your weed treatment with 1500lbs of weed at once, I see no reason to not throw the kitchen sink at "it".

Ya'll don't want to smoke? Don't want to get 'high'? I can definately see the whole high issue being a real issue with elderly poeple. I'm quite concerned about my Mom in that regard. But said cookies I made, were 'normal' (no low thc/high cbd specific strains) and blended and my Mom eats one about every 3-4 hours for zero pain, more happiness and energy, and no drowsyness. It's so 'bad' I have to remind her to conciously keep things slow because she goes chugging around the house ready to do everything.

Experiement with whatever you can until you find what works. Oils and ointments will require a lot of weed. I can't really say how much vs smoking it, but if you and your family havn't done anything with it yet, get started. Don't start out thinking "I NEED OIL BECAUSE IT"S BEST". Thats not neccessarily true.

Read here, read at other sites. Check out 420s faq on what you need to grow, fire up google, and find a easier read for your first dip into the sea of growing anything. While you're researching, you'll see the caliber of the discussions here and there. When you're ready, plenty of people here can give you plenty of advice.

A couple things to get you something to think about.

How much space will you have for your grow. The more the better, and you want to plan on seperate veg and flower spaces, with all the appropriate plumbing. This takes into consideration you are growing for your family, you will need exactly enough weed to treat the medical issues you all have. Plan for expantion.

Outdoors obviously has much space. It also has weather, pests, drought, dingos, and whatever other nasty things down there that would love to chomp on tender cannababies.

Indoors you need physical space, and plumbing for lighting, ventalation, potentially for two or three spaces (veg/grow/nursery). But indoors you control the environment and there are far fewer potential pest problems hopefully. You can also better control the nutrients and overall quality of your meds.

What is your budget for your grow. This can limit things such as lights, pumps, etc. When I first got into this, I read 200$ initally to grow. Sure, that covers your nutes, but 200$ would work growing in a bucket of dirt from the backyard. For indoors, a more realistic number would be between 600-1000 usd. That is if you make a grow room with more than enough ventilation, run CFL's because they're cheap, start in soil, then switch halfway to hydro because you can't afford to loose a crop.

Unless you have some specific pathology that requires a oil application to treat, get started in this with an open mind toward any type of treatment, and start off big as you can go. And plan to go bigger.

That's all your physical plant. As far as strains go, don't go doing cartweels trying to get a particular strain of seed, start growing what you can get your hands on.

Here's a tidbit I picked up from another site. If you have a bunch of random bagseed, typically the way to sex them is plant them, grow them and veg them, then see what's what, basically 2+months. I read an article where this guy did a expriment and verified that the crater on the bottom of the seed, where it attaches to the plant, is circular and uniform on female seeds, and misshapen on herm or male seeds. If I was doing seed I'd use this method since it saves two months. My first grow was 3 females out of 16 seeds. I'm growing clones now, since the plants were 100% effective med producers.

Indoors or out, what's your budget, small or unlimited. If you're on a budget, go CFL's for your first grow. They are the cheapest light possible, and effective. HPS and LED lights have thier own issues, the major one is cost. The second is heat, the third is space, since they're typically larger than a CFL array (arguably more effective but that's not the issue).

Good luck man. I hope the road to effective medicine is a short one for you.

Good day mate, welcome to the 420 community :byebye:
When concerned for safety against the law man I suggest you also consider electrical safety as well. For one being busted would suck, but being busted right after your home burned down and you lost the life of a loved one would suck even more. With a little research, asking a few questions, you can grow MJ on a low budget that is not only quality but do it on the low profile if you catch my drift.
There is a whole thread that covers everything you need to know here at 420 written by the administrator, and while it is a few years old the information is basically the same now as it was then. The only thing I saw missing from the article was electrical safety. While they dd cover legal safety, electrical was no covered but I wrote a reply which covers that in the thread. Just go to Grow Room click on that, it will open a drop box with options to choose from, pick How to grow marijuana

Best of luck to you
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom