GDB's Auto Array

Welcome growers.

This grow will consist of 4 autoflowers. There's a Stardawg that is 41 days old and giving me problems (more on that later) and a Californian Snow, a Blue Dream'atic and a Caramel Cream, all about 11 days old babies.

The specs:

Containers: 3 gallon fabric pots
Nutrients: Mega Crop, Sweet Candy & Bud Explosion (Greenleaf Nutrients)
Light: Mars Hydro TS 1000
Tent: Vertor VT 2.5x2.5x5 ***
4 inch intake and exhaust fans

*** I ordered the tent from the Zon on April 1st and it has yet to arrive. They told me if I don't get it by today they will process a refund. I'll then reorder and cross my fingers.

The Stardawg looks cruddy and somewhat frail for her age. She seems to be having the same problem that I recently witnessed with a Strawberry Cheesecake auto. In this instance, though, I think I overdid the Mega Crop too early. I fed her at 4g per gallon when she was just 28 days old, too much too soon, I believe.

Today, I flushed her with 2L of plain water until runoff. Tomorrow or the next day, I'll top her with a 3g MC dose.

The 3 babies are still in Solo cups and were watered to runoff for the first time today. Each took about 100ML and each was given 2g of MC.

Needless to say, I can't really get this journal going until the tent arrives, so I guess this post is just an intro.

Here's the array: Left to right, Stardawg, Californian Snow, Caramel Cream & Blue Dream'atic

P1030059.JPG

More once the tent arrives.

Later.

If that space is of proper size, and the walls are painted the brightest white (preferably flat, but at least eggshell) available, the light-reflectivity is most likely going to be higher in there than it will be in the grow tent, lol.

Good luck with your grow! I also have a TS-1000, although I have not had occasion to use it, as of yet. I'm wanting to NOW, but am currently dealing with "critters." I like the design and the simple perimeter reflector (in fact, I suggested exactly that, after receiving my SP-150s - although I assume my voice was merely one of many). I hope you do not mind me following along (and occasionally spouting a bit of nonsense ;) ).

EDIT: The tent you mentioned is, IMHO, a little large for that light. Assuming you are allowed the refund after all, you might consider a 2'x2' one (or, at most, a 28"x28" one). Four square feet, illuminated by a TS-1000 - and growing autoflowering plants, which allows you to run the LED at 18 hours per day in the flowering phase - would be perfect, and the 28"x28" one would still be adequate. But (again, IMHO), trying to use it (by itself) in a 6¼-ft.2 space will both leave with without sufficient light per square foot for a good (dense) harvest and move the walls out too far to really derive much benefit from any reflectivity that they might otherwise give.

If that space is of proper size, and the walls are painted the brightest white (preferably flat, but at least eggshell) available, the light-reflectivity is most likely going to be higher in there than it will be in the grow tent, lol.

Good luck with your grow! I also have a TS-1000, although I have not had occasion to use it, as of yet. I'm wanting to NOW, but am currently dealing with "critters." I like the design and the simple perimeter reflector (in fact, I suggested exactly that, after receiving my SP-150s - although I assume my voice was merely one of many). I hope you do not mind me following along (and occasionally spouting a bit of nonsense ;) ).

EDIT: The tent you mentioned is, IMHO, a little large for that light. Assuming you are allowed the refund after all, you might consider a 2'x2' one (or, at most, a 28"x28" one). Four square feet, illuminated by a TS-1000 - and growing autoflowering plants, which allows you to run the LED at 18 hours per day in the flowering phase - would be perfect, and the 28"x28" one would still be adequate. But (again, IMHO), trying to use it (by itself) in a 6¼-ft.2 space will both leave with without sufficient light per square foot for a good (dense) harvest and move the walls out too far to really derive much benefit from any reflectivity that they might otherwise give.
Thanks for the nudge, TorturedSoul. After chatting with the Zon, I got the refund via gift card right away. I ended up getting a Vivosun 2x2x4 tent. They say I'll get it in 6 days. I shall see. :Rasta:

I also ordered some 4ft bamboo stakes, just in case!

Glad to have you follow. I offer $2 beers from 6 to 6:05!

Thanks for the nudge, TorturedSoul. After chatting with the Zon, I got the refund via gift card right away. I ended up getting a Vivosun 2x2x4 tent. They say I'll get it in 6 days. I shall see. :Rasta:

I also ordered some 4ft bamboo stakes, just in case!

Glad to have you follow. I offer $2 beers from 6 to 6:05!
Im in! :)
Why only 4 foot tall tent? I got 5 footer and i got height issues

Im in! :)
Why only 4 foot tall tent? I got 5 footer and i got height issues
I'm only going to use it for autos and sometimes photo seedlings or clones. If I have height issues growing autos, I'll be a happy camper and will gladly upgrade the tent! :Rasta:

Thanks for taking an interest, 780!

Hello growers.

Quick update on the goings on.

I still don't have the new tent. It's still due to arrive Wednesday. I hope there are no snags.

The Stardawg looks a lot healthier since I flushed her and lowered her MC dose. I think her growth has been stunted a bit. But she's not yet a total loss. I have travelled the full spectrum of using too little MC early on to using too much MC early on. It's the middle ground I seek and I hope I'm about to find it.

P1030067.JPG

The babies are progressing nicely, especially the Blue Dream'atic which is outpacing the other two.

Caramel Cream left. Californian Snow middle. Blue Dream'atic right.

P1030068.JPG

Hopefully, by my next post all of these girls will be in the new 2x2 tent with the Mars Hydro TS 1000!

Later.

Hello growers.

Whooop! It's tent day!

My tracker says it's Out For Delivery, so it will be here today for sure. I made intricate plans for how to rearrange furniture and get rid of some stuff to make room for the tent. I probably should have put those plans into action before today. :Rasta: So now I'm scrambling.

I moved the baby autos to their final pots (3 gallons) yesterday. So they're ready. The Stardawg auto is already in her 3 gal. She really does make little stars!

P1030085.JPG

This will be, perhaps, the last pic of autos in this tent forevermore. I shall pause for a moment of silence.

P1030084.JPG

Later!

Oh, I almost forgot. The Blue Angels flew over my neighborhood about 1/2 hour ago. What a BLAST! :yahoo:

Hello growers.

I got my new tent set up and the autos have been moved in! Everything is set with the exception of a 4-inch exhaust fan, which is on order and should be here in a few days.

My placement plan worked out fine. I took an old wardrobe that I had been planning to get rid of and turned it on its side. The tent was placed on top of the wardrobe and the its insides below are being used for storage of supplies and other junk. I still have some cleaning up to do, but its workable.

This old man is going to enjoy working with this set-up because I won't need to get on my knees or even bend over!

P1030089.JPG

I may have to reconsider what size pots I use in this tent. Four 3-gallon pots in a 2x2 tent doesn't leave a lot of room for much else. I'm thinking 2-gallon pots will be a better fit and will leave me a little more room for new seedlings and clones.

P1030087.JPG

P1030090.JPG

Its a brave new world!

Later. :Rasta:

Hello again.

So the other day I dropped two Brookland Sunrise autos into water. No quite sure what I was thinking. I already had 4 autos underway for the new tent. Of course the seeds popped and this morning they both had nice long tap roots. I had no choice but to pot them and stuff them in the new tent. (Accomplished without even bending over! :yahoo:)

Now I've got four autos in 3-gallon pots and two in 1-gallon pots. One day with the new tent and I'm already growing overboard! :Rasta:

It's gonna get tight in there. This could be interesting, or it could be a hot mess!

I'm hoping the Stardawg will be done within 30 days or so, and can be taken out to give the others a bit more room.

P1030091.JPG

Stardawg - front right
Caramel Cream - rear right
Blue Dream'atic - front left
Californian Snow - rear left
Brooklyn Sunrise (2 ea) - middle

My auto array!

Later.

Hay GDB Nice , I need a veg area , I am thinking about making room in the basement for a veg area
Do it, bro. A busy grower is a happy grower! :Rasta:

Yeah I want to make an 8x8 foot room in my basement. I haven't decided which area will be veg and which will be flower. If I can get an area in the basement sealed tight for odder control I will use it for flower, If not I will just make an 4x4 foot area for veg and use my tent for flower.

You're always welcome here, Canuckush! What you gonna run?
Amnesia Haze and Bruce Banner from Canuk Seeds and Pineapple Express from Barney's Farm. Not all at once, I have 4 plants going now so when they are done I'll do one at a time, I'm going to slow it down for a bit before I try to make some regular seeds.

Aloha GDP!

I’m subbed in for the grow. I brought my own cooler of beer if that’s ok.. works as a chair too!

You have the exact same tent I do. I love it and it works great for me. I can jam 4 plants in 3 gal pots and still got room for my dehumidifier :laugh:

:passitleft:

Aloha GDP!

I’m subbed in for the grow. I brought my own cooler of beer if that’s ok.. works as a chair too!

You have the exact same tent I do. I love it and it works great for me. I can jam 4 plants in 3 gal pots and still got room for my dehumidifier :laugh:

:passitleft:
Welcome, Sunny! I think I've got the same light as you, too. Hope this set-up works for me like it does for you! :Rasta:

Hello growers.

Quick update.

Brooklyn Sunrise babies appeared yesterday!

P1030112.JPG

Later!

Back
Top Bottom