Hey guys,

Photo Plant - Thai Stick - Regular @ msnl

2 - k5Vmv4L.jpg

1 - 38KcLXx.jpg

3 - BKp4pQQ.jpg

4 - p0M2I5C.jpg

5 - 0W0NP1A.jpg

6 - WPjIOsz.jpg

1) It seems a little early, but do you think it's male or female?

2) They grow so slow. Why?

3) The soil does not dry out, the humidity is 70-80 from it. I gave the last fertilizer on February 14th. It has been 8 days today, the soil is still not completely dry, the flowerpot is lightened, but it is not completely dry.

General Hydroponics Micro + Gro + Bloom + CalMag
Monkey Soil
600W Philzon LED - 50 cm
18/6 hours
50-90% humidity (I couldn't fix it)
12 lt pot

From January 1-10
Passed by gently irrigating with rested tap water without pH

January 11 first fertilizer
I mixed 0.3 ml micro / 0.1 ml gro @ 0.5 lt water and set the pH to 6
I gave 100 ml

January 20
I mixed 0.1 ml calmag / 0.3 ml micro / 0.3 gro / 0.1 ml bloom @ 1 lt water I adjusted the pH 5.5-6
I gave 150 ml

23 January and 25 January
I gave 300 ml of the top compost mixture

29 January
topping

30 January
I mixed 0.6 ml micro / 0.6 ml gro / 0.3 ml bloom @ 1 lt water + adjusted ph 5.8-6
I gave 1 lt (5% runoff)

5th of February
I mixed 2.5 ml micro / 2.5 ml gro / 1.2 ml bloom @ 4 lt water + set the ph 6
I gave 1.5 lt with 20% run off

February 6
I cut the main and topped the small branches right and left
for 4x2 = 8 buds

11 February
I cut the little leaves that were under

February 14th
2.5 ml micro / 2.5 ml gro / 1.2 ml bloom @ 1.5 lt given from the mixture of 5th of feb.
%20 run off ok.

February 19
I did LST + I removed the big leaves from the bottom (first picture)

Should I give the fertilizer without waiting for it to fully dry? After the first irrigation, I lightly fertilize every irrigation, as the soil does not dry out anyway, it is about once a week.

Hey guys,

Photo Plant - Thai Stick - Regular @ msnl

2 - k5Vmv4L.jpg

1 - 38KcLXx.jpg

3 - BKp4pQQ.jpg

4 - p0M2I5C.jpg

5 - 0W0NP1A.jpg

6 - WPjIOsz.jpg

1) It seems a little early, but do you think it's male or female?

2) They grow so slow. Why?

3) The soil does not dry out, the humidity is 70-80 from it. I gave the last fertilizer on February 14th. It has been 8 days today, the soil is still not completely dry, the flowerpot is lightened, but it is not completely dry.

General Hydroponics Micro + Gro + Bloom + CalMag
Monkey Soil
600W Philzon LED - 50 cm
18/6 hours
50-90% humidity (I couldn't fix it)
12 lt pot

From January 1-10
Passed by gently irrigating with rested tap water without pH

January 11 first fertilizer
I mixed 0.3 ml micro / 0.1 ml gro @ 0.5 lt water and set the pH to 6
I gave 100 ml

January 20
I mixed 0.1 ml calmag / 0.3 ml micro / 0.3 gro / 0.1 ml bloom @ 1 lt water I adjusted the pH 5.5-6
I gave 150 ml

23 January and 25 January
I gave 300 ml of the top compost mixture

29 January
topping

30 January
I mixed 0.6 ml micro / 0.6 ml gro / 0.3 ml bloom @ 1 lt water + adjusted ph 5.8-6
I gave 1 lt (5% runoff)

5th of February
I mixed 2.5 ml micro / 2.5 ml gro / 1.2 ml bloom @ 4 lt water + set the ph 6
I gave 1.5 lt with 20% run off

February 6
I cut the main and topped the small branches right and left
for 4x2 = 8 buds

11 February
I cut the little leaves that were under

February 14th
2.5 ml micro / 2.5 ml gro / 1.2 ml bloom @ 1.5 lt given from the mixture of 5th of feb.
%20 run off ok.

February 19
I did LST + I removed the big leaves from the bottom (first picture)

Should I give the fertilizer without waiting for it to fully dry? After the first irrigation, I lightly fertilize every irrigation, as the soil does not dry out anyway, it is about once a week.
Hey buldoz beautiful girl., excellent work on the training. Its hard to tell for sure from those pics. I don’t see any whispy hairs, but I don't see any balls either.
Can you get a close up of the area. Also soil requires a full dry wet cycle you must let it dry for proper root growth and health. Have you been lifting the pot, how are you deciding when to water?

Hey @Bill284 Thank you, hope gonna be my girl :yummy:

I weigh the pot but water it without letting it completely dry. It's been 10 days now and it's still a little wet as you can see the below new photos. I will wait for it to dry completely this time, but why does it not dry 10 days is too long?

Do you agree that growth is slow ?

I changed Led with 250W Hps today, will run them together when I go 12/12.

IMG_3901.JPG

IMG_3902.JPG
IMG_3903.JPG
IMG_3904.JPG
IMG_3905.JPG
IMG_3906.JPG
IMG_3907.JPG

Hey @Bill284 Thank you, hope gonna be my girl :yummy:

I weigh the pot but water it without letting it completely dry. It's been 10 days now and it's still a little wet as you can see the below new photos. I will wait for it to dry completely this time, but why does it not dry 10 days is too long?

Do you agree that growth is slow ?

I changed Led with 250W Hps today, will run them together when I go 12/12.

IMG_3901.JPG

IMG_3902.JPG
IMG_3903.JPG
IMG_3904.JPG
IMG_3905.JPG
IMG_3906.JPG
IMG_3907.JPG
I can't comment on growth rate from today's pics. As far as pot drying to water now that you have added hps I think the leaves will transpire more and drain that pot faster. You need a full dry cycle for growth and health of roots.
I'm leaning toward female, but still not great pic. Where the branches join buds or balls grow, need a clear pic of that spot on a couple branches.

Reason for slow growth is the training and topping.

At 6 weeks my plants are ready for flowering and a Thai dominant strain they will be large like 2 feet tall.

I don't top and only train away from lamps that are at the ceiling.

Taking off the top - removing the apical meristem, the plant has to grow another one or 2 in your case BEFORE she can continue her normal growth pattern. This takes around 10 days.

I will only top a plant in VEG to slow down growth because I dont have room in flower.
Thats RARE. You can always just bend the top down and tie it. You will get the same result as you have there but no lost time.

Just be mindful that training is stressing the plant. In flower this can be an issue.

Removing fan leaves is another stressor. Its akin to a grazing animal eating leaves. The plant will respond to that usually in a negative way.

Think about how mad you gonna be if someone cut off your food supply. Those leaves are the food supply. The plant can not uptake nutrients from the soil without them.

The less leaves the less nutrients = smaller slower growth. That and photosynthesis is a thing.

Let the soil dry out all the way, the roots can‘t breathe or grow in a continuously wet soil. Tilt your containers to steep 45 degree angle, prop them up so they don’t tip or fall, leave them overnight and see how much they pee out. This will reset the perched water table to new but lower level than before. If it takes 13 days to dry out so be it...

@buldoz3r
It's a soil grow yeah? Should your PH not be more than 6? If it's a pure soil and not a Coco mix, I would be PH between 6.3 and 6.8.
It could be part of your problems. If it ain't soily soil, just ignore me and tell me to shut up..

Let the soil dry out all the way, the roots can‘t breathe or grow in a continuously wet soil. Tilt your containers to steep 45 degree angle, prop them up so they don’t tip or fall, leave them overnight and see how much they pee out. This will reset the perched water table to new but lower level than before. If it takes 13 days to dry out so be it...
Just learned something new. Thanks for that bud

It definitely looks like overwatering. Most of us have done it a time or two so we become familiar with what it looks like;).

How many holes are in the bottom of the container?
Thanks, waited till completely dry and today makes almost 2 weeks - crazy. No extra holes, only 4.

Reason for slow growth is the training and topping.

At 6 weeks my plants are ready for flowering and a Thai dominant strain they will be large like 2 feet tall.

I don't top and only train away from lamps that are at the ceiling.

Taking off the top - removing the apical meristem, the plant has to grow another one or 2 in your case BEFORE she can continue her normal growth pattern. This takes around 10 days.

I will only top a plant in VEG to slow down growth because I dont have room in flower.
Thats RARE. You can always just bend the top down and tie it. You will get the same result as you have there but no lost time.

Just be mindful that training is stressing the plant. In flower this can be an issue.

Removing fan leaves is another stressor. Its akin to a grazing animal eating leaves. The plant will respond to that usually in a negative way.

Think about how mad you gonna be if someone cut off your food supply. Those leaves are the food supply. The plant can not uptake nutrients from the soil without them.

The less leaves the less nutrients = smaller slower growth. That and photosynthesis is a thing.
Thanks for the great info. In flower could be herma issue? Please say no, i have bad luck with that.

Hi buldoz3r, nice plant! What are you having for temperature?
Thanks, changing between 23-28.

Thanks, as you said it took 13 days :D

@buldoz3r
It's a soil grow yeah? Should your PH not be more than 6? If it's a pure soil and not a Coco mix, I would be PH between 6.3 and 6.8.
It could be part of your problems. If it ain't soily soil, just ignore me and tell me to shut up..
Thanks, it's not pure soil, coco mix but aiming 6.2 now.

Now that you’ve added the HPS and it’s got some chance to dry out more, growth should increase. Let it outgrow its container and you’ll see it take off more.

I doubt that it is a Thai dominant strain. It looks to be Indica dominant, as that msnl strain generally does. Thai weed doesn’t look like that.

All the training slows them down, as well as the wet roots. If you had started in a solo cup size container you probably would’ve seen faster growth because it would’ve been harder to overwater.
But I think it’s doing perfectly fine and looks healthy.
:thumb:

Now that you’ve added the HPS and it’s got some chance to dry out more, growth should increase. Let it outgrow its container and you’ll see it take off more.

I doubt that it is a Thai dominant strain. It looks to be Indica dominant, as that msnl strain generally does. Thai weed doesn’t look like that.

All the training slows them down, as well as the wet roots. If you had started in a solo cup size container you probably would’ve seen faster growth because it would’ve been harder to overwater.
But I think it’s doing perfectly fine and looks healthy.
:thumb:
Thanks bro. Never again with msnl...

How do you know that is not Sativa by the way?

I grow my own seeds now, doing some experimental grow with Thai photo ( if it's really Thai ) x GDP auto :D :D :D

Thai weed has skinner leaves, and grows tall and scrawny. You probably won’t find any pure Thai sativa from a seedbank. For the reason that it really likes to go hermaphrodite, along with the usual sativa issues like long flower times, tall runaway plants, and wispy little buds.

Ace breeders sold a Thai Stick strain for a while but eventually gave up on it. I grew it for a while and then gave up on it too. What they had was nothing special to begin with IMO. I’ve smoked better weed in Thailand, though the good stuff is rare.
Lots of the weed there is nothing special. If a person found the right seeds (I always threw them away when I rolled the joints :( ) then it would be possible to recreate that high that the Thai Sticks are famous for.

Basically you won’t find a real Thai that finishes in less than 16 weeks. And they’re nearly all hermaphrodites in the wild there. So this makes them ‘not fun to grow indoors’. The plants they made the Thai Stick from are really not something we want to be growing indoors, or probably even outdoors.

Therefore they tend to always get worked on by breeders to try and shorten the flowering times and make them more manageable, while still hyping the ‘Thai landrace’ angle. The msnl ones from what I’ve seen are especially extreme examples.

Not to diss your plants or to say that that its somehow a bad plant in any way. The ones I’ve seen look very nice for what they are. It’s just sort of false advertising.
I have to assume that the plant has some Thai in it at least, and that might come across in the high. Which would be a good thing.

Sativa has long skinny fingered fan leaves - indica has fat wide fingered fans
Thank you mate, its probably not sativa :lot-o-toke:

Thai weed has skinner leaves, and grows tall and scrawny. You probably won’t find any pure Thai sativa from a seedbank. For the reason that it really likes to go hermaphrodite, along with the usual sativa issues like long flower times, tall runaway plants, and wispy little buds.

Ace breeders sold a Thai Stick strain for a while but eventually gave up on it. I grew it for a while and then gave up on it too. What they had was nothing special to begin with IMO. I’ve smoked better weed in Thailand, though the good stuff is rare.
Lots of the weed there is nothing special. If a person found the right seeds (I always threw them away when I rolled the joints :( ) then it would be possible to recreate that high that the Thai Sticks are famous for.

Basically you won’t find a real Thai that finishes in less than 16 weeks. And they’re nearly all hermaphrodites in the wild there. So this makes them ‘not fun to grow indoors’. The plants they made the Thai Stick from are really not something we want to be growing indoors, or probably even outdoors.

Therefore they tend to always get worked on by breeders to try and shorten the flowering times and make them more manageable, while still hyping the ‘Thai landrace’ angle. The msnl ones from what I’ve seen are especially extreme examples.

Not to diss your plants or to say that that its somehow a bad plant in any way. The ones I’ve seen look very nice for what they are. It’s just sort of false advertising.
I have to assume that the plant has some Thai in it at least, and that might come across in the high. Which would be a good thing.
I don't really know why I chose Thai, it was just to try a different species, but I was sad to learn that this herb is prone to hermie. I also thank you for the good information you gave.

I am very curious how this harvest will turn out. the leaf shape of other crossed plants are the same. I will keep you informed. I hope I get a good harvest and it doesn't end badly again. Finding seeds where I live is a really big problem. The type I chose is completely unlucky.

Just 4 holes in the container might not be enough to help the excess water drain out.

Maybe figure out a way to drill 2 or 4 more holes in the bottom before the plant gets to big to handle/
Thank you bro, I did not drill new holes because I was afraid of damaging the roots, but this will not be a problem as I will switch to fabric pots soon.

Back
Top Bottom