Girl Scout Cookies By Homer Simpson

Cool pics and I have a wonky #5 of 6 plants in my GSC comparative grow. It’s still behind the curve on day 29 but looking like it’s going to get some normal next set of leaves on its 3rd node. I like your plan with feeding less with small increases. I am just learning that mycorrhiza is really important to their health.
Thank you, Websissy; it's reassuring knowing you had the same wonky leaves on one of your plants and it is straightening out. Hopefully, both of our babies will be fine.

It took me a long time to get it through my thick noggin that less is more with nutrients but I really find it true. According to Dr. Bruce Bugbee, 90% of nutrient problems come from toxicity which results from over-fertilizing. He also says that the light intensity dictates how much water and nutrients the plant will need and although perhaps my plants could be pushed more I seem to have my light intensity and nutrients in good balance lately, fortunately.

If you haven't seen it I highly recommend his videos. I found this one particularly informative.

Hey Homer! Looking good! I use the same nutes and the one I have in soil (very similar age) just got the same dose...Great minds think a like. Keep up the great grow!

I will go with the theory of the great mind as opposed to the fools seldom differ detractors. :oops:

I usually start off at 2 g/L and in veg max out 3 to 3 1/2 g per gallon and 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 g per gallon in flower depending on what the plants are telling me. The maximum for my version of this product is 4 g per gallon in veg and 6 g per gallon in flower but I rarely find need to go that high.

I'm always under feeding when I mix my nutes and then try to add what's needed if needed , you got a good eye Homer you will give them what they need when they need it , but once my plants only have 2 to 3 weeks until chop I personally like to shove food down them let them tips burn baby,,,,, I like how low and chubby you kept them so far , how long you going to veg brother?

I'm always under feeding when I mix my nutes and then try to add what's needed if needed , you got a good eye Homer you will give them what they need when they need it , but once my plants only have 2 to 3 weeks until chop I personally like to shove food down them let them tips burn baby,,,,, I like how low and chubby you kept them so far , how long you going to veg brother?

I may have a good eye now with my plants but it took me a couple of years to get it focused in. :nerd-with-glasses:

Interesting, I don't see any problem with force-feeding them in the last few weeks if it gets you more bud since they are at the end anyway.

Maybe not overwatering them and giving them enough light has stopped them from stretching but I think the reason they are low and chubby is more genetics which is great because to answer your question I am going to veg as long as my 7-foot basement ceiling height allows. I was thinking 8 to 12 weeks but with these things being so squat hopefully, it will be more like 12. I also have two people that will be taking three of them outside. One is a friend who isn't sure what she's doing so I will have a big hand in growing that one but the other two are going to a buddy who is a real expert and I'm interested to see what he will get with them outside.

My journal is turning as much into a Photoshop showcase as a grow journal. :p

IMG_78y77.jpg

:ciao:

Thank you, jonoldstyle. I appreciate the comment and for following along. I am just grateful my plants are behaving. :)

You are too kind Bud love. Thank you. Gald you like my pics. :Namaste:

I guess everything is relative because I just wish I had a better memory so I could learn these programs faster. I use Photoshop CS6 and Blender mostly for my journal and every time I think I have a good handle on them I realize I'm just scratching the surface and there are other whole dimensions.
Pics are brilliant matey
Know what you mean on the memory, jeez;)
What we talkin about again?;)
It’s never finished for the creative chaps / chapettes out there. Always pushing to make things a little better.
i use Cubase music software, I’d say for about 5 yr now.. it’s a monster. Think I’ll only ever scratch the surface:)
Peace an buds to ya

Pics are brilliant matey
Know what you mean on the memory, jeez;)
What we talkin about again?;)
It’s never finished for the creative chaps / chapettes out there. Always pushing to make things a little better.
i use Cubase music software, I’d say for about 5 yr now.. it’s a monster. Think I’ll only ever scratch the surface:)
Peace an buds to ya

Hmmm... I don't remember talking about memory before out here?? :rolleyes: But seriously, thanks mate.

I checked out Cubase a bit and it looks like a good app for music and a biggie. Unfortunately, I have zero to nil music ability. I keep wasting effort partly learning programs and they end up being crap or not what I need so I hate to admit it but I am thinking of getting a Photoshop subscription also because the CS6 version I am using although it is the professional version came out in 2012.

To put backgrounds behind my plants in my photos I have to isolate the plant using the selection tool and the one on CS6 is pretty primitive compared to what they have on the latest subscription versions. I really resent paying a subscription for a program but I understand why they do it because so many people used hacked versions of their product; not that I would ever do any such thing. :rolleyes: But I would feel justified after all of the time and frustration that
Adobe Premiere Elements caused me owning to the fact it is such a glitchy horrible infuriating product; a program I actually was dumb enough to pay for. It seems they won't update it even though they keep selling it because they want everyone to buy their subscriptions for more money instead.

I was pretty impressed with how finely the new versions of Photoshop can isolate an object which this video shows. I don't even have these settings on the version I have. I was checking out the Adobe site and they are now up to 18 programs. Photoshop is $27.99 per month just for itself but to use all their programs is $69.99 per month so obviously, the pricing is structured to highly incentivize people to pay for all of them.

But I see they have a one-month free trial so I think in the next day or two I will sign up to get a free trial with Photoshop so I can isolate my plants easily despite how intricate they get. I had kind of an epiphany last night because with Photoshop I can really put my plants anywhere so I think that is my plan; isolate my plants with the better isolation tools they have with the new Photoshop and totally create a nonexistent alternate universe for my plants to grow in my journal.

If it seems I'm ignoring my plants and just taking pictures of them it's because since I put them in soil all I have done to them is water them twice so far. So if it seems this journal is all about taking pictures of plants and not how I grow it's because my method pretty much treats my plants like houseplants; other than the fact they have their own light I just water them occasionally and ignore them and other than transplanting them occasionally there really isn't any other work to it until harvest time of course.

I looked at the program you use, Homer but I'm not willing to pay almost $30 a month to use it. If you know of any good programs that are less expensive (I'd rather pay outright for a program than a monthly fee.) to help me with getting photos that look nice like yours, let me know.

Hmmm... I don't remember talking about memory before out here?? :rolleyes: But seriously, thanks mate.

I checked out Cubase a bit and it looks like a good app for music and a biggie. Unfortunately, I have zero to nil music ability. I keep wasting effort partly learning programs and they end up being crap or not what I need so I hate to admit it but I am thinking of getting a Photoshop subscription also because the CS6 version I am using although it is the professional version came out in 2012.

To put backgrounds behind my plants in my photos I have to isolate the plant using the selection tool and the one on CS6 is pretty primitive compared to what they have on the latest subscription versions. I really resent paying a subscription for a program but I understand why they do it because so many people used hacked versions of their product; not that I would ever do any such thing. :rolleyes: But I would feel justified after all of the time and frustration that
Adobe Premiere Elements caused me owning to the fact it is such a glitchy horrible infuriating product; a program I actually was dumb enough to pay for. It seems they won't update it even though they keep selling it because they want everyone to buy their subscriptions for more money instead.

I was pretty impressed with how finely the new versions of Photoshop can isolate an object which this video shows. I don't even have these settings on the version I have. I was checking out the Adobe site and they are now up to 18 programs. Photoshop is $27.99 per month just for itself but to use all their programs is $69.99 per month so obviously, the pricing is structured to highly incentivize people to pay for all of them.

But I see they have a one-month free trial so I think in the next day or two I will sign up to get a free trial with Photoshop so I can isolate my plants easily despite how intricate they get. I had kind of an epiphany last night because with Photoshop I can really put my plants anywhere so I think that is my plan; isolate my plants with the better isolation tools they have with the new Photoshop and totally create a nonexistent alternate universe for my plants to grow in my journal.

If it seems I'm ignoring my plants and just taking pictures of them it's because since I put them in soil all I have done to them is water them twice so far. So if it seems this journal is all about taking pictures of plants and not how I grow it's because my method pretty much treats my plants like houseplants; other than the fact they have their own light I just water them occasionally and ignore them and other than transplanting them occasionally there really isn't any other work to it until harvest time of course.
Hey man, I’m loving the plants too. :)
Just thought that the creativity displaying them was feckin ace.
The reference to the music software was a bad example really, it was just about the head wreckin size of the software.
Thank you for taking the time matey, appreciated

I looked at the program you use, Homer but I'm not willing to pay almost $30 a month to use it. If you know of any good programs that are less expensive (I'd rather pay outright for a program than a monthly fee.) to help me with getting photos that look nice like yours, let me know.

Photoshop CS6 which I am using doesn’t cost me $30 per month because I believe it is the last version of Photoshop before they went to the subscription model. So I’m using it for free but it is 12 years out of date. I’m not sure if I will pay $30 a month for the Photoshop but they do have a one month trial offer that I think I will check out but before I would get a subscription. I am hoping I can get a one-month occasionally here and there if it ends up worthwhile.

I am thinking of trying out the new Photoshop subscription because I want to try out their new selection tools which are much finer than in the old Photoshop program I have but actually there are two free programs I would recommend for you where you would be able to do virtually anything I do here.

The first one is called GIMP and I don’t know how they can get away with it but the user interface and features are almost identical to the Photoshop CS6 that I use. I forget what reason I went back to Photoshop but you can do about 90% on Gimp that can be done on Photoshop CS6. It is open source so totally free to use.

GIMP

My version of Photoshop CS6 doesn’t have a 3-D function so 3-D things like making my text for my pictures I use Blender. It is also open source but apparently it has been used to make pretty major animated full-length movies. It can do so much it can be daunting but with all these big programs I find I will be lost for a couple of days and then suddenly everything kind of snaps together and I won’t know all the functions but I understand the general layout and principles. I highly recommend YouTube videos to learn how to use these programs. There is also a new version of blender out so I’ll probably install that soon.

No rain the last 48 hrs so I managed to get my deck stained today after power washing it a few days ago. Glad to get that out of the way.
:woohoo: :party:

No rain the last 48 hrs so I managed to get my deck stained today after power washing it a few days ago. Glad to get that out of the way.
:woohoo: :party:
Bet you are;) is there balustrade too? I use a roller to put on and then paint it even with a brush. Got to put a couple of days aside for it nowadays:)

Bet you are;) is there balustrade too? I use a roller to put on and then paint it even with a brush. Got to put a couple of days aside for it nowadays:)

My balustrades are aluminum covered in I believe powder coat so I don't have to paint them thankfully. I was running low on stain so I was lucky this year I only needed to do the horizontal parts where snow and rain sit. I usually only do the vertical parts every three years or so because they hold up much better. I used a four-inch paintbrush attached to a broom handle so I could do the floor standing up and really brush it in. Only took about two hours.

I have a Mourning Dove very close in a nest over a light on my garage and I try not to disturb her when she is nest sitting. She is so brave she never flew away once even when I was power washing. I really wonder how that species survives because they don't seem as afraid of people as other birds.

Howdy do @Homer Simpson

I will be following along if that's ok
Loving your style by the way. Very unique.
I'm looking forward to the journey ahead.

Squiggz
Welcome aboard, Squiggle.

Judging by your avatar I think you will fit right in with my little clown show journal. Looking forward to the journey ahead myself.:thumb:

Update: After I replied I noticed on your profile page that you are a sheet metal worker also known in these parts as a tin whacker. Never had a problem with any of you guys but I was always glad to see you go on a job so we could hear ourselves think again. I'm a retired construction millwright. Congratulations on the shoe tying; I know several Ironworkers that struggle with that. :p

Cheers

Photoshop CS6 which I am using doesn’t cost me $30 per month because I believe it is the last version of Photoshop before they went to the subscription model. So I’m using it for free but it is 12 years out of date. I’m not sure if I will pay $30 a month for the Photoshop but they do have a one month trial offer that I think I will check out but before I would get a subscription. I am hoping I can get a one-month occasionally here and there if it ends up worthwhile.

I am thinking of trying out the new Photoshop subscription because I want to try out their new selection tools which are much finer than in the old Photoshop program I have but actually there are two free programs I would recommend for you where you would be able to do virtually anything I do here.

The first one is called GIMP and I don’t know how they can get away with it but the user interface and features are almost identical to the Photoshop CS6 that I use. I forget what reason I went back to Photoshop but you can do about 90% on Gimp that can be done on Photoshop CS6. It is open source so totally free to use.

GIMP

My version of Photoshop CS6 doesn’t have a 3-D function so 3-D things like making my text for my pictures I use Blender. It is also open source but apparently it has been used to make pretty major animated full-length movies. It can do so much it can be daunting but with all these big programs I find I will be lost for a couple of days and then suddenly everything kind of snaps together and I won’t know all the functions but I understand the general layout and principles. I highly recommend YouTube videos to learn how to use these programs. There is also a new version of blender out so I’ll probably install that soon.

Thank you so much for this, Homer. I will definitely check them out. I'd love to post better photos. I have an iPhone tripod and an iPhone macro lens to use as well.

Thank you so much for this, Homer. I will definitely check them out. I'd love to post better photos. I have an iPhone tripod and an iPhone macro lens to use as well.
Happy to do it, HashGirl. I actually just use my iPhone for all my pics on my Journal. I'm really amazed at what a remarkable little camera it is. I found the secret is to learn how to really adjust the focus and exposure. If you hold your finger on the screen on an object when the camera is on the phone it will lock both the exposure and the focus.

When you touch the screen again up a box comes up with a slider and by swiping up or down you can increase or decrease the exposure or amount of light the camera allows in to hit the sensor. I even have a program that I bought for like three dollars on my iPhone that gives me a little dial on the screen where I can separately adjust the focus and exposure just like on the 35mm type cameras that is handy for real close-ups.

I don't even use a tripod or close-up lenses with my iPhone; just handheld pics. I used to use a tripod but I find my shutter speeds are fast enough under my growing lights that they are sharp handheld. Saves a lot of time taking pictures without a tripod. One thing I also usually do is take several pics of the same subject matter with a variety of exposures so I can pick the best one when I edit.

Back
Top Bottom