Girl Scout Cookies By Homer Simpson

Contrary to popular belief, the US and Canada simply do not share the same protocols.

Can we please stay respectful of your sponsor and get back to talking about your plants and your sponsored products? :thanks:

I certainly apologize if my comment was taken as disrespectful as that was not its intent as I have the highest regard for 420 Magazine and for Geo-Flora from what I have read about the product on this site. Personally, I think private companies have every right to run their business how they feel profits them best, within the law, so when I said they don’t care to send to Canada I wasn’t being intentionally disrespectful I was just stating what I thought was the reality of the situation. I figured they were just doing what was making sense to their bottom line as any company would/should do.

I understand without sponsors 420 Magazine would not exist so I shall double my efforts to grant them the respect they deserve and express myself more carefully in their regard. But honestly, I wasn’t consciously criticizing them.

If I may offer, I don’t believe its disrespect we are expressing here in Canada but frustration because we can’t get what seems like a great product.

:Namaste:

Day 10

As I explained previously, like an idiot, I already lost count of my days but since I do know the date, May 11, my first seed broke ground I can always calculate it so although people may be expecting me to say today is day 11, based on my previous report post, in fact it is only day 10.

I refrain from bragging about the health of my plants because I am all too well aware that disaster can strike at any moment and much is out of my hands so I’m just grateful that so far my GSC plants are all generally so happy and healthy. My early concerns seem to have been as misplaced as my predictions about this strain as everything seems to be working out swimmingly.

Here is number 1 still pretty much in the lead as biggest and most advanced.

IMG_7896.JPG

Here’s the whole gang hanging out soaking up rays. I usually keep my light at 24 inches and 200 W in flower but with these seedlings, I am 30 inches at 200 W.

IMG_7891.JPG

IMG_7893 (2).jpg

Here is a close-up of number one on the left which is my biggest plant compared to poor number four on the right who is still struggling with this leaf problem but I still think she will overcome and flourish eventually.

IMG_79n10.jpg

So far since the seedlings have broken ground all I have done is water twice and check them twice a day for problems and that’s pretty much it. The humidity in the basement is getting close to 50% so I’m thinking of turning on the humidifier soon but that’s as much to stop the basement from getting musty-smelling and for my own comfort as for the plants.

Happy weekend to all.

Cheers

:ciao:

unsfettitled.jpg

Day 12

I wasn't planning on posting till the long weekend was over but then again we are under a stay-at-home order and I have had considerable growth since my last report two days ago so here it is.

Here’s the whole gang soaking up the sun.

IMG_7929.jpg

IMG_7922.jpg

I thought they were looking a little yellow the last few days so yesterday I watered them with 60 mL of 2.5 g per gallon MC up from my initial dose of two grams per gallon. I only gave them 60 mL as opposed to the 120 mL these pots can take without runoff but I thought they might need 3 g per gallon pretty soon so I didn’t want to make the soil too moist so I would have to wait a while before I could water with a more potent mixture. But it looks like they are pretty happy for now at 2.5 g per gallon judging by their colour and the growth I had in the last 48 hours as you can see from this photo of plant number one today and two days ago.

ll8ujpg.jpg

Here is poor deformed plant number 4 showing some signs of hope because it looks like the newer leaves are not as crinkled and deformed. I still think she is going to be okay.

IMG_7938.jpg

That’s all for now folks!

Version 2.0

IMG_79h29.jpg

Day 14

The girls seem to be coming along quite nicely since my last report.

IMG_79h58.jpg

Two days ago I gave them 2.5 g MC and they seemed a little greener but not really happy about things so today I gave them each 120 mL 3.0 g MC per gallon. Normally I wouldn't be so vigilant because I know in veg usually my plants are happy around 3.5 g per gallon so I usually slam them up there pretty quickly and don't worry too much about minor burned tips for a while but since this is a comparative grow I thought I would try and keep the plants right in the zone and so far I am happy that they look fairly green now without any burned tips.

IMG_7947.JPG

Plant number 1 here below or the one in the middle of the above photos is still my best plant. That is significant because plant number two which is the front left plant in the photos above was the biggest seed by about 50% but that hasn't translated into a bigger plant.

IMG_7962.JPG

Poor old plant number four which is on the back left in the above photos looks like she's recovering from her leaf ailment as her new leaves are looking healthier. I think she is going to be fine.

IMG_7966.jpg

That's all folks.

Looking great, Homer! For your info, my soil plant is about the same age and I gave her 2.5 last time up to 3 next time as well. The ones in my hydro are getting 3 grams per gallon same nutrients a few days older. Keep it up!!!

Looking great, Homer! For your info, my soil plant is about the same age and I gave her 2.5 last time up to 3 next time as well. The ones in my hydro are getting 3 grams per gallon same nutrients a few days older. Keep it up!!!

Thanks, Mr. Modest. Comforting to know we are on the same page pampering our babies.

I texted my buddy yesterday who is going to take two of them in the next week or so, so now I have to make a Sophie's Choice. :oops:

I noticed an interesting post by @Justin Goody today where he was using a light meter to determine his lights lux value at his canopy top which got me to take out mine and to make a long story short about calibrating my meter I figure I’m at about 30,000 lux as compared to his at 44,000 lux.

IMG_7968.png

Once it got sunny out I went outside and measured the lux value in direct sunlight because I wanted to compare it to my indoor garden light intensity. It looks like I’m in the 150,000+ish lux range on my meter which tells me it needs calibrating and it’s high by at least half a stop because according to the Internet outdoor direct sunlight should be in the 100,000 lux range. (Not that it really matters because I want to compare the ratio between direct sunlight outdoors and indoors under my lights at canopy level)

In the photo below on the left is in direct sunlight outdoors and on the right is of the light meter indoors at canopy level under my light and it is at least 3 stops dimmer. One-stop is half as bright so that is 1/2×1/2×1/2 which equals 1/8 or 12.5%. I have tested this before and pretty much gotten the same results so I’m not that surprised but it begs the question in my mind; why is it that my plants burn if I just go 25% brighter under my LEDs when it is 800% brighter outside?

I don’t think its heat because my light is 2 feet away and I have measured and it’s only a couple degrees warmer under my light? Maybe it’s infrared or far-red light? I have heard that metal halide and sodium vapour do not burn as badly but I have no first-hand knowledge? It’s a mystery to me?

IMG_7972.png

Day 17

I’m actually quite pleased/relieved the gang is doing pretty well. Now that I have them up to 3.0 g/L MC they seem happy wearing a healthy shade of green with nary a hint of burned tips so I am pretty grateful I am in the groove with my nutrients. They are not overly green at this point but I think I will wait a little while before I go up to 3.5 g/gallon as that is usually about the max I give my vegging plants which leads me to believe these may be heavy feeders.

Untitled-1.png

IMG_7992.png

I am doing an in-depth of every plant because any day now two will be taken by a buddy to start a whole new life outdoors in honest-to-goodness sunlight so this may be my last chance to record them all together.

#1 here has been in the lead from the very beginning and has never let up. There’s really nothing wrong with this plant and it’s the quickest grower so if I were to pick one plant to carry on genetically it would be her, at this point.

1.1.png

#2 was the biggest seed by about 50% but surprisingly now isn’t as big as #1 but it is up there. It’s very healthy but from the beginning it is had a strange wavy leaf syndrome which doesn’t seem to be hurting it. I’ve had this in the past and figured my humidity was out but I could never correct them so I think it’s just genetic now that I have so many growing at the same time and the rest are all fine. But other than a little wavy leaf she’s a doing fine.

2.png

#3 is another solid performer about the same size as #2 but without any deformities or leaf issues. Her secondary branches at this point are also the most developed. Very happy with her.

3.png

Now we start into the problem children.

#4 is the one that has had a deformed leaf problem from the beginning but it looks like she is straightening out and should be fine, thankfully. I did predict that she would make it and fortunately it was my one prediction that seems to have come true.

4.png

#5 is the runt of the litter and was the last to sprout by a day or two but besides being short and smaller than the rest there is absolutely nothing wrong with her which I am thinking might actually be an advantage because her short inter-nodal distance means I might be able to veg her longer indoors so at this point I am thinking of keeping number one because she’s the biggest plant and number five because it may have a lot of indoor potential.

5.png

I have been using Photoshop CS6 from 2012 for years refusing to get later versions because they were subscriptions but I finally broke down and I have to admit I’m pretty impressed. The photo below is really just a test as I tried separating my plant from the background so I could put a new background in and I am just blown away at how precisely the new Photoshop did it. And I don't even know what I am doing yet!

1.png

Last couple days were about 75° and today is about 45° and raining. Good day to do some journaling.

Day 17

I’m actually quite pleased/relieved the gang is doing pretty well. Now that I have them up to 3.0 g/L MC they seem happy wearing a healthy shade of green with nary I hint of burned tips so I am pretty grateful I am in the groove with my nutrients. They are not overly green at this point but I think I will wait a little while before I go up to 3.5 g/gallon as that is usually about the max I give my vegging plants which leads me to believe these may be heavy feeders.

Untitled-1.png

IMG_7992.png

I am doing an in-depth of every plant because any day now two will be taken by a buddy to start a whole new life outdoors in honest-to-goodness sunlight so this may be my last chance to record them all together.

#1 here has been in the lead from the very beginning and has never let up. There’s really nothing wrong with this plant and it’s the quickest grower so if I were to pick one plant to carry on genetically it would be her, at this point.

1.1.png

#2 was the biggest seed by about 50% but surprisingly now isn’t as big as #1 but it is up there. It’s very healthy but from the beginning it is had a strange wavy leaf syndrome which doesn’t seem to be hurting it. I’ve had this in the past and figured my humidity was out but I could never correct them so I think it’s just genetic now that I have so many growing at the same time and the rest are all fine. But other than a little wavy leaf she’s a doing fine.

2.png

#3 is another solid performer about the same size as #2 but without any deformities or leaf issues. Her secondary branches at this point are also the most developed. Very happy with her.

3.png

Now we start into the problem children.

#4 is the one that has had a deformed leaf problem from the beginning but it looks like she is straightening out and should be fine, thankfully. I did predict that she would make it and fortunately it was my one prediction that seems to have come true.

4.png

#5 is the runt of the litter and was the last to sprout by a day or two but besides being short and smaller than the rest there is absolutely nothing wrong with her which I am thinking might actually be an advantage because her short inter-nodal distance means I might be able to veg her longer indoors so at this point I am thinking of keeping number one because she’s the biggest plant and number five because it may have a lot of indoor potential.

5.png

I have been using Photoshop CS6 from 2012 for years refusing to get later versions because they were subscriptions but I finally broke down and I have to admit I’m pretty impressed. The photo below is really just a test because I tried separating my plant from the background so I could put a new background in and I am just blown away at how precisely the new Photoshop did it. And I don't even know what I am doing yet!

1.png

Last couple days were about 75° and today is about 45° and raining. Good day to do some journaling.

Loving the way you do your thing Homer.. brilliant buddy. Thanks for sharing:)

Loving the way you do your thing Homer.. brilliant buddy. Thanks for sharing:)

Thanks, Bud Love. Very kind of you. I am just grateful people like it. :Namaste:

I studied photography at college 40 years ago and then never had a real job at it so it's like now it wasn't a total waste, LOL.

Those plants would be lovely even if shot by one of those cardboard cameras they sell at the drug store!

Just nice, Homer. :Rasta:

Those plants would be lovely even if shot by one of those cardboard cameras they sell at the drug store!

Just nice, Homer. :Rasta:

Thanks, GDB. :Namaste:

I may make it look easy now but it took me a year and a half to get it through my thick noggin that less is more with the nutes so it's only within the last six months or so I’ve been giving them just what they need. Besides, it never pays to crow about your plants because disaster can strike at any minute. Honestly, I’m just relieved and grateful so far so good and consider myself lucky. :)

IMG_8f0d13 (1).png

Back
Top Bottom