420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Magnus

Good morning, All, and welcome to another fresh summer day!

Some good things happening in my tent.

Desdemona and Ophelia are doing splendidly, growing like weeds. They are about one week in front of the rest.
A12079AF-7B6E-46AD-BC32-01E14D091E45.jpeg
Cordelia, the weak one so far, is lagging along. I have high hopes for this tragic heroine.
EAF78B0D-D20A-44A6-840E-F7329C6AEB2D.jpeg

And my two new seeds, Juliet and Lavinia, both popped overnight. Not sure you will see much in the photos, but they are there.
23F681A6-D57B-4197-A05A-12629F4A2789.jpeg
E2A805FE-6255-4964-8565-F8BA833FB210.jpeg

So there they are. But I always find marijuana plants to be a bit boring until they reach about three weeks of age.

So I’ve decided, now that my roommate has moved out, to turn my two tiny bedrooms into grow rooms. This way I can clone and veg in my tent but use the two rooms to flower up to 12 or so plants at once. My prescription allows for me to be growing up to 30 plants at a time and I’m nowhere near that limit with the setup I currently have. Perpetual grow here we go!

Have great days.

All my best,
~Magnus

2E37A501-BBF7-408C-879E-F516293ABAEB.jpeg

BB77BB22-A64C-4585-9C50-1D323EB7EFF5.jpeg

D318B5F4-C5AF-496B-A327-6E0778CD5DDF.jpeg

AA97C206-3DF1-4E14-9ACB-E3997A798315.jpeg

Good morning, again.

Well today I begin feeding nutes from Geoflora. I’m very excited to be working with these nutes. Many of the other grows are doing very well with them.

I realized a long time ago that I start my seedlings differently than most. Rather than dropping my germinated seeds into Dixie cups with medium, I plant them directly into six inch pots and then water carefully so that I don’t drown them. This means one less transplant for the girls, and I like it that way.

However, Geoflora suggests beginning feeding upon transplant, meaning transplanting from the small Dixie cup into a larger pot as far as I can tell. Since I skip this step I then have to gauge when is the right time to begin applying nutes.

So this is my reasoning.

My plants, all in six inch pots, will be ready for nutes once they reach the size they would have been for me to transplant.

(Did that make any sense at all???)

Regardless of whether I can use the English language properly, I believe that my three eldest heroines are ready for nutes, they being Ophelia, Desdemona and Juliet.

Lavinia, being several days behind the rest will need probably another week before she is ready for nutes.

Poor, poor Cordelia. I should just put her out of her prolonged misery and cull her. She is the remaining plant from a drowned seed.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There they are.

Im going to use one teaspoon of nutrient per pot.

All my best,
~Magnus

Looks good, Magnus. So, what size pots do you figure these are? For example, a 1-gallon pot starts at 2 tbsps of GeoFlora sprinkled on top of the medium and watered in. A half-pint pot would be 1 tbsp.

Nice opening scene Magnus8.
Ah, the fate of Cordelia's future rest on the fact "Can this peasant girl act". Showing up in tattered attire to a curtain call.
Time may tell.....
Good luck with the nutrients. They seem to do very nicely when dialed in.
Feed the plants well my friend!

Looks good, Magnus. So, what size pots do you figure these are? For example, a 1-gallon pot starts at 2 tbsps of GeoFlora sprinkled on top of the medium and watered in. A half-pint pot would be 1 tbsp.
I’m not very good at judging these things but I estimated that my pots hold about 1/4 of a gallon. That’s why I went with one teaspoon of nutes per pot.

Hello all. Welcome back. Okay, so life has been running me ragged and I haven’t had as much time to document this grow as I’d have liked.

So by now, four of my plants have flourished but Cordelia has died a tragic death. A long drawn death worthy of a master actor. Remember, Cordelia was one of two seeds I drowned by accident.

But my other heroines are doing quite nicely. I think Ophelia is my strongest plant so far. I topped her today, as I did Desdemona, too.

4E15BBDB-8D1E-4C53-ABDA-A2D99DB5F0D4.jpeg
7B26C2DA-5172-445A-8E1C-4BA84593747E.jpeg

Juliet is doing well, but not ready to top yet.
90EB828C-B4DB-44EE-86A3-F367707BC5CC.jpeg

And Lavinia, being over a week and a half younger than her eldest sibling, is noticeably smaller than the others. But still healthy despite our recent heat wave. It got up to 35 degrees Celsius in my place for the duration of the days. Nope. No air conditioner.

Lavinia.
920BFD47-2DAA-4039-9226-C796230BD48F.jpeg

There you have ‘em, this glorious summer afternoon.

All my best,
~Magnus

Good morning.

I wanted to explain my overwhelming absence from this site and my journal for these past weeks. Those of you who don’t know me may think I’m just a flake. But that is far from the case.

About four weeks ago my 35 year old alcoholic nephew drank way too much. He gave himself alcohol poisoning and was rushed to the hospital by ambulance. After arriving at the hospital his heart quit. The drs revived him - but only after TWENTY ONE minutes. That means twenty one minutes his brain was without oxygen.

My nephew, Scott, woke after two days. Since that time we have discovered that his thought processes are fine but he can barely move his muscles because of the brain damage. It takes him about three minutes just to get a complete sentence out. He will forever live in an institution from now on. He will never be able to look after himself. He will live forever in diapers and constantly need aids to change them. He will never walk again. He will never invest food except through a tube again.

Scott has communicated to his mom (my sister) that he’d like to die, so we are looking into Physician Assisted Suicide for him.

I can’t write anymore. That is why I’ve been mostly absent.

Sorry to hear that buddy. Very sad, especially someone so young. My Uncle was an alcoholic and passed away a couple of years ago. He knew it would kill him and chose to go out that way. Look after each other.

So when I was back at home in Rocky Mountain House about three days ago I shot some pics. Between ferrying my sister back and forth to the hospital in Edmonton and doing all kinds of errands for her so that she can just focus on helping my nephew, I haven’t had any time to post these pics until now. I will be returning home to Rocky tonight for a few days so will snap some shots then, too.

so all my plants got a feeding three days ago. For the four primary plants this was their second feeding. For Cordelia, whom I thought was dead, it was her first feeding. Remember that Cordelia originates from the seed I left in the water much too long. I had left two seeds in water then had to make an emergency trip yo Edmonton for two nights. Upon my return I discovered that I had dropped these two seeds in water and had forgotten about them completely. Anyway, the one plant that did grow has limped along sadly, barely able to make it until I found it one morning, limp and desultory, lying flat on the surface of the medium. I assumed at that point that she was dead. But just almost as an afterthought I propped her up with a tiny stick and fed her her first dose of nutrients and - my gawd - didn’t she come back to life. Precariously at first, but with a little gentle babying she is holding her own! I’m so thrilled and excited. She trails far behind the others in her growth, but I’m confident she is going to make it now.

so onto the photos.

44298863-C763-45BC-AC22-4D780F6127ED.jpeg
This is Desdemona. She was 33 days old when this was taken. You are going to see some yellowing leaves on all the plants. I believe I was underestimating the size of my pots and not using enough of the nutrition for them. Chalk it up to getting used to a new nutrition regime. So I added another teaspoon of nutes to each pot, bringing the amount used for each pot to be one tablespoon.

8A055F32-FF1A-4942-B139-FE92D117ADBB.jpeg
In this top photo of Cordelia you can see that when I topped her I didn’t top close enough and so the topping didn’t take. I retopped her the day the photos were taken.

239D1E15-B3BC-47E0-82FC-0388B0B1141A.jpeg
Ophelia was also 33 days old when this photo was taken. She’s doing pretty good except you can see the yellowing on her bottom leaves which will hopefully be rectified by the added nutrition.

8F814A03-28F6-4E92-BD29-50DF25241D62.jpeg
Lavinia was only 26 days old when this was taken. She appears to be doing fine. No yellow leaves on her.

FDD93CEE-E415-4182-BA55-009A31F81C5F.jpeg
And here is Juliet - the star of the show. At only 21 days here she seems stronger and larger than her two eldest sibling sisters.
FA49FA30-E44B-4929-97D8-88A6A4EE9D02.jpeg

Juliet’s topping seems to have worked.

A0E61472-8DE2-469C-92DC-7EBBBB0AE39C.jpeg
And here is the sweet cherubic Cordelia. Notice how I didn’t even keep track of the date she emerged because I was sure she wouldn’t live. But a lot of nurturing brought her back to the land of the living. But if I remember correctly she was birthed four days after Desdemona and Ophelia, putting her at about 29 days old when this was taken.

I find it kind of useless to count the lifespan of marijuana plants by day counts. There are so many slight variations between plants of the same strain born on the same days. Sometimes these divisions become more apparent over time and sometimes less so. I find just grouping them by week is a better way to compare the different plants. And, to be honest, I tend to judge when my plants should be flipped by using their size as a marker instead of the number of weeks they’ve been alive.

so with that all said I really should run now. I have to send off three copies of my last novel to an old childhood friend who wants to buy one for herself and both her two siblings. I need to buy a mouse for my computer before I can finish writing the sequel to this other book, but that’ll probably happen this weekend. And since I’ve fully plotted this novel and since I’ve written about 70,000 words so far on this book I estimate that once I sit back down to write I should finish it in no time at all. The problem is finding the time, right?

So I’ll bid you all adieu and wish you all a wonderful week to come.

All my best,
~Magnus

So when I was back at home in Rocky Mountain House about three days ago I shot some pics. Between ferrying my sister back and forth to the hospital in Edmonton and doing all kinds of errands for her so that she can just focus on helping my nephew, I haven’t had any time to post these pics until now. I will be returning home to Rocky tonight for a few days so will snap some shots then, too.

so all my plants got a feeding three days ago. For the four primary plants this was their second feeding. For Cordelia, whom I thought was dead, it was her first feeding. Remember that Cordelia originates from the seed I left in the water much too long. I had left two seeds in water then had to make an emergency trip yo Edmonton for two nights. Upon my return I discovered that I had dropped these two seeds in water and had forgotten about them completely. Anyway, the one plant that did grow has limped along sadly, barely able to make it until I found it one morning, limp and desultory, lying flat on the surface of the medium. I assumed at that point that she was dead. But just almost as an afterthought I propped her up with a tiny stick and fed her her first dose of nutrients and - my gawd - didn’t she come back to life. Precariously at first, but with a little gentle babying she is holding her own! I’m so thrilled and excited. She trails far behind the others in her growth, but I’m confident she is going to make it now.

so onto the photos.

44298863-C763-45BC-AC22-4D780F6127ED.jpeg
This is Desdemona. She was 33 days old when this was taken. You are going to see some yellowing leaves on all the plants. I believe I was underestimating the size of my pots and not using enough of the nutrition for them. Chalk it up to getting used to a new nutrition regime. So I added another teaspoon of nutes to each pot, bringing the amount used for each pot to be one tablespoon.

8A055F32-FF1A-4942-B139-FE92D117ADBB.jpeg
In this top photo of Cordelia you can see that when I topped her I didn’t top close enough and so the topping didn’t take. I retopped her the day the photos were taken.

239D1E15-B3BC-47E0-82FC-0388B0B1141A.jpeg
Ophelia was also 33 days old when this photo was taken. She’s doing pretty good except you can see the yellowing on her bottom leaves which will hopefully be rectified by the added nutrition.

8F814A03-28F6-4E92-BD29-50DF25241D62.jpeg
Lavinia was only 26 days old when this was taken. She appears to be doing fine. No yellow leaves on her.

FDD93CEE-E415-4182-BA55-009A31F81C5F.jpeg
And here is Juliet - the star of the show. At only 21 days here she seems stronger and larger than her two eldest sibling sisters.
FA49FA30-E44B-4929-97D8-88A6A4EE9D02.jpeg

Juliet’s topping seems to have worked.

A0E61472-8DE2-469C-92DC-7EBBBB0AE39C.jpeg
And here is the sweet cherubic Cordelia. Notice how I didn’t even keep track of the date she emerged because I was sure she wouldn’t live. But a lot of nurturing brought her back to the land of the living. But if I remember correctly she was birthed four days after Desdemona and Ophelia, putting her at about 29 days old when this was taken.

I find it kind of useless to count the lifespan of marijuana plants by day counts. There are so many slight variations between plants of the same strain born on the same days. Sometimes these divisions become more apparent over time and sometimes less so. I find just grouping them by week is a better way to compare the different plants. And, to be honest, I tend to judge when my plants should be flipped by using their size as a marker instead of the number of weeks they’ve been alive.

so with that all said I really should run now. I have to send off three copies of my last novel to an old childhood friend who wants to buy one for herself and both her two siblings. I need to buy a mouse for my computer before I can finish writing the sequel to this other book, but that’ll probably happen this weekend. And since I’ve fully plotted this novel and since I’ve written about 70,000 words so far on this book I estimate that once I sit back down to write I should finish it in no time at all. The problem is finding the time, right?

So I’ll bid you all adieu and wish you all a wonderful week to come.

All my best,
~Magnus
Magnus8, Good luck on the girls and resuscitation…I suggest a strong sativa to stimulate the creative process and power through the rough draft. It may not make sense in the clear light of day, but could resonate. Perhaps an old school Columbian Gold. Cheers

Several grow rooms are the bomb... you are going to love what that can do for your gardens! Keep up the good work!
Thanks Emilya. I love how encouraging you are!

~Magnus

Sorry to hear that buddy. Very sad, especially someone so young. My Uncle was an alcoholic and passed away a couple of years ago. He knew it would kill him and chose to go out that way. Look after each other.
Thanks so much buddy. Alcoholism is a terrible disease, isn’t it?

Magnus8, Good luck on the girls and resuscitation…I suggest a strong sativa to stimulate the creative process and power through the rough draft. It may not make sense in the clear light of day, but could resonate. Perhaps an old school Columbian Gold. Cheers
Your suggestions are great ones. Unfortunately, when I smoke I get so distracted and active that it is almost impossible for me to write!

~Magnus

Thanks so much buddy. Alcoholism is a terrible disease, isn’t it?
It really is mate. Heavy drinking is so accepted in society that many people are on the brink of having a problem, or do have a drinking problem and it's accepted as normal.

It really is mate. Heavy drinking is so accepted in society that many people are on the brink of having a problem, or do have a drinking problem and it's accepted as normal.
And the politicians are such incredible hypocrites about it. They go home to their drugs of choice, cigarettes and a glass of beer, wine or a cocktail, none of which have ANY positive health benefits, are addicting and often lead to devastating outcomes.

All the while they demonize ours, one which has incredible health benefits and is not addicting (except for the growing of it).

Their views are mostly funded by the big drug companies and the for-profit prison system.

Shameful. And pretty effed up.

Just getting caught up on random stuff. Realized I fell really behind here. So sad to hear about your nephew @Magnus8 . I hope your sister is doing as well as she can be and the rest of the family as well. I hope your gsc ladies are doing OK too. Blessings.

Back
Top Bottom