420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Justin Goody

Day 86
0358E14B-2B5B-40F0-9AFD-B46B2CAF00F1.jpeg
23D13C1A-EE28-4E22-A3B8-B6EE9DA9406F.jpeg

Flower Day 33

A bit closer up look at her bud structure, which is very pretty.
She’s creating a sticky monster.

Just wow, not a bad leaf on the whole plant.
lol thank you...well there's definitely a few weird colored ones, but none that are dying off.
I think this organic growing just has different stages of yellow/green leaves that had me worried for little or no reason.
I appreciate the kind words and the visits, and so does she.

nice and chunky justin.

one of these grows i hafta try and see if i can run pretty to the end. i'm getting jealous lol. :p

DE81F91B-D6A6-454F-9247-9FC0B08008AB.jpeg
This is her current magic # (Lux) with the @Atreum Lighting
44-45,000.
With my other lights I tend to shoot for 65-80k during this time, but this light seems to do it all with less wattage and less intensity (and heat)

DE81F91B-D6A6-454F-9247-9FC0B08008AB.jpeg
This is her current magic # (Lux) with the @Atreum Lighting
44-45,000.
With my other lights I tend to shoot for 65-80k during this time, but this light seems to do it all with less wattage and less intensity (and heat)

I found this post interesting because I find my plants are happy with lower light levels than most people claim to be giving their plants out here but I am pretty much in the range you are. This is 24" from my MegaLight set to 200 W which shows the LW/EV rating is 13 and by checking the chart on the back of the meter it shows that 13 is indeed 44,000 Lux. Much more than this and my plants tend to burn so I am happy at 44,000 Lux.

IMG_7968.png

Nice plant too. :thumb:

Edit:
And for those that say you can’t use a photographic light meter that reads lux because you need a par meter for plants I offer the following:

Par stands for photosynthetically-active radiation which is the spectrum of light that the plant uses which is between 400 and 700 nm.

Lux is a measurement of the light visible to the human eye which is in the 380 to 700 nm range.

So basically a par meter and a lux meter will give you almost identical readings because the two metering systems are sharing about 94% of the light wavelength they are reading. 400-380 = 20 nm which is the difference between the wavelength range of the two meters out of a 300/320 nm range that they read which means the readings between a lux and par meter should be within about 6% of each other.

Update: I took my light meter outside when the sun came out and it was reading 160,000 Lux but according to the Internet a bright day should be around 100,000 Lux so my meter needs calibrating since I am out about half a stop. That means I'm probably closer to giving my plants 30,000 Lux not the 40,000 Lux I thought so I am a little lower than you, Justin.

They're looking beautiful JG aaaaand stacking up! Goals!

Quick questions...

Are you planning on supporting the colas? Forgive my memory but you haven't done much training either right? I going to be honest, I don't have time to look back and reread. Sorry and thanks!

Day 87
B0CBD105-96FD-4D0B-B1ED-06E286B6DC1F.jpeg

Flower Day 34

She’s one happy girl and just keeps getting better.

Thank you to everyone who visits regularly and gives their input and their positive energy. I appreciate you all and the plants you grow as well.
This experience would not be the same without all her sister seeds growing all over the world. It’s a beautiful thing!

They're looking beautiful JG aaaaand stacking up! Goals!

Quick questions...

Are you planning on supporting the colas? Forgive my memory but you haven't done much training either right? I going to be honest, I don't have time to look back and reread. Sorry and thanks!
Hey there BA,
I did do some training to spread her out but I wasn’t real strict with it and now she’s just doing her own thing.
I HOPE I need to support colas, though usually the branches are thick enough to get me to the end if I don’t mishandle the plant in the last few weeks. If they get that fat, yes I’ll tie them up.

I HOPE I need to support colas
Yeah, I didn't even think of it that way. Haaa haaa. The fatter they are the stronger the branches will be. At least in theory. If all the nutrients and soil are aligned with her needs, she should be able to handle it.

Do you have any thoughts on using extra silica to strengthen the branches? I'm not sure how that would affect the @GeoFlora Nutrients or if it is even needed with their products.

Yeah, I didn't even think of it that way. Haaa haaa. The fatter they are the stronger the branches will be. At least in theory.

full

it just doesn't always work that way lol... :p

That one is just..."special" and you should learn to be tolerant of their individual differences. Geez...

i got 8 special ones then .. :p
to be truthful it's an unfair comparison. they're smaller plants i've overdriven in a passive hydro media.

but .. still funny :cheesygrinsmiley:

Day 88
D42A7DB9-A00E-41C4-9A61-561E7A593F4C.jpeg

Flower Day 35

Happy Friday again, growers!

She will be getting her next (top dress) dose of GF Bloom today.
Still staying pretty lush and not making any ugly leaves at the moment, so who am I to complain ;) ?
Give the lady what she wants, and she wants to eat. Maybe I’ll even throw some Terpinator in there regularly now…

Do you have any thoughts on using extra silica to strengthen the branches? I'm not sure how that would affect the @GeoFlora Nutrients or if it is even needed with their products.
This is a thought. Probably unrelated but gets my brain ticking over. I usually add plant magics bio-silicon to my previous feeding regimes and don't get leaves dropping off unless they're totally used up or getting no light. But I haven't added it with my GSC grow and I have lots of healthy looking leaves dropping off at the bottom. Could just be something with the fully organic grow or something totally different, but it makes me wonder.

Day 88
D42A7DB9-A00E-41C4-9A61-561E7A593F4C.jpeg

Flower Day 35

Happy Friday again, growers!

She will be getting her next (top dress) dose of GF Bloom today.
Still staying pretty lush and not making any ugly leaves at the moment, so who am I to complain ;) ?
Give the lady what she wants, and she wants to eat. Maybe I’ll even throw some Terpinator in there regularly now…
Picture of perfection

This is a thought. Probably unrelated but gets my brain ticking over. I usually add plant magics bio-silicon to my previous feeding regimes and don't get leaves dropping off unless they're totally used up or getting no light. But I haven't added it with my GSC grow and I have lots of healthy looking leaves dropping off at the bottom. Could just be something with the fully organic grow or something totally different, but it makes me wonder.
In my old MC grows I definitely added silica. But the silica I have is potassium based and I don't want to throw off the GF balance, plus structurally the plant seems solid enough to support these buds.
I have been adding a bit of Mag at times, and Terpinator or Purpinator will be starting here pretty soon.
My other grow seems to be losing leaves regularly, but this one has had surprisingly few casualties.

Back
Top Bottom