Girl Scout Cookies Xtrm In Coco LED

Alright so this is how I made my drip system. There are many ways to skin a cat but this works for me.
IMAG19752.jpg

You need a pump. I use a Eco 633 gph pump. You have to pay attention to the head height. This one says 7.5'.
14776965752451723829698.jpg

That means this pump will push water vertically up to 7.5'. This is important if your rez is tall you want to make sure you have good pressure. I've ran this pump from 4 to 9 plants no problem.
These are the types of fittings for your mainline 1/2" tubing. You have compression fitting (I use)
IMAG19764.jpg

And you have 1/2" barbs. This one has a valve to stop water. They sell ones without the ball valve.
IMAG19774.jpg

IMAG19786.jpg

Here is what the 1/2" barb and the 1/2" compression fitting look like on the 1/2" mainline tubing.

IMAG19803.jpg

Here we have your driper tubing/ spaghetti line. It comes in a roll it's 1/4" tubing that comes out of the 1/2" mainline and goes into your pot

IMAG19813.jpg

Here is 1/4" barb. I use the T type but the have ones with only two barbs. These go into your mainline to connect to the 1/4" tubing

IMAG19823.jpg

Dripper. Since I'm not using a big pump like a sump pump I cannot use the normal drip irrigation products. Stuff like Manifolds, pressure compensating drippers or button emitters, and antisiphon valves may not work since there is not much pressure in these little pumps. I use these flag emitters because they are pretty much free flow and you can open them to clean if it gets clogged! You can use anything you like. Halos, steaks, even make a ring with 1/4" tubing.

IMAG19834.jpg

1/4" punch. This is what your use to punch a hole into your 1/2" mainline so you can put a 1/4" barb and connect the 1/4" spaghetti tube.

IMAG19842.jpg

Here is what it looks like all connected. 1/2" mainline tubing. Either poly or vinyl. I use poly 1/2" because it's rigid and can stand up on its own. I punched a hole with the blue punch. Push in my barb and push on the 1/4" spaghetti/ feeder tubing.

IMAG19854.jpg

It ends up being water tight. I have leaks sometimes but I just wiggle the 1/4" barb until it makes a good seal.

IMAG19863.jpg

Here we have the 1/2" mainline that comes out of my rez. I punched a hole put a barb, some spaghetti tube, and my flag drippers. This allows air to enter the tubes once the pump shuts off. If you don't add an anti siphon hole in your tube once the pump shuts off you will continue to be irrigating your plants or flood your room.

IMAG19873.jpg

Ok so back to barbs and compression fittings. You can use a barb that comes with the pump. screw it into the pump and push the 1/2" tubing in. For me. This didn't work. My barbs were the exact same size as my 1/2" tube so I ended up with a compression fitting. One side goes on the tube the other slips into a female pvc piece.

IMAG19912.jpg

IMAG19883.jpg

IMAG19892.jpg

IMAG19903.jpg

I'm using a pvc part. One side is threaded and screws into the pump the other side is female and the compression fitting slides in there. I like this because it makes it easy to dismantle for cleaning.

IMAG19934.jpg

Now you make your layout. No matter what it can never be straight tubing. If you want even waterings to your girls you have to have the 1/2" mainline loop into itself. I've done a rectangle with 9 plants. This works for my current 4. Use your punch to make your holes. Make sure they are equally spaced I think it was 8-12" being ideal.

IMAG19944.jpg

Put on your choice of emitters or drippers. I liked the flag ones. Home depot had a few different ones, I went with the most open ones. You can run open lines but a lot of water came out pretty quick. Their are many other styles of drippers. Here they are steaked into the pot

IMAG2003.jpg

Elevate your pot so it's not sitting in dirty water.

IMAG19922.jpg

Wet/dry vac for the saucers.

Once you set up your system put some cups under each dripper. Turn on your system and make sure each cup is filled the same amount at the same time. Also note you don't need to have two 1/4" lines like I have it but I wasn't going to buy two different sets of barbs. Now put in your plants. Turn on your system and see how long it takes to get run off. Buy a seconds or 1 minutes timer based on that. Not the 15 min cycle timer. I have a seconds timer and run between 1- 2:45min 3-4 times a day. Your going to want a strong air pump or another small fountain pump to stir your nutrients. I use a air pump because the 100gph pump I was using got my water hot. Think about what rez your going to use. I have a brute trash can. It's nice because it's not too wide. I'm able to get down to 3-5 gal of water in that trash can before the pump doesn't work. I also use a 5gal bucket and I can get that down to 1-2 gal before the pump can't pick up anymore water. If you have a long container you may not be able to fully utilize it. Any questions?

Ill be in the cheering section giving the girls encouragement! Lol
Sent from my iPad using 420

Hey, alright! I'll take all the juju I can get!

Nicely done BF! You filled that net up nicely. Gonna have a nice harvest coming your way

Hey ud! :thanks: Do you remember what they looked like a few months ago? I almost didn't think it would happen. Lol. Just took a long time. I really hope it's worth all the time! Either way it's still a learning experience!

Hey Bedroom farmer i'm subbed in for this grow. I will be running a set up somewhat similar to yours on my second and im interested to see what kind of results you get. I defoliated my plants multiple times during flower but i have since learned a few lessons and decided to change a few things up my second time around. good luck with your grow.

Hey :thanks: and :welcome: Zo. Do you have a journal for your current grow?

just throwing it out there - I hope you cover defoliation more in the journal BF - of all the topics I've seen covered, it seems to me that this is not well discussed.

maybe I'm not looking in the right places. But your grow is looking good to me :bravo::popcorn:

Hey :thanks: HB I'm not too knowledgeable on defoliation so I asked. It was Tomula that gave me some great advice. Thanks again T

Every leaf that shades bud you tuck away or it goes, do it in one sweep or in few phases, I leave as much leaves as possible as they are your buffer zone and light collectors. Also clean the lower tiny buds that will surely suck energy from the big flowers. :high-five:

Here we are. Officially week 3!

IMAG19962.jpg

IMAG19972.jpg

Starting to get frosty
IMAG20001.jpg

Colas range from 6" to 11" most are around 8"
IMAG20012.jpg

Looks like I'm having a minor cal/mag problems. I haven't added any extra this whole grow. AN has it pretty much covered. But I need to water with some cal/mag now. Need to get some ph drops. Some other leaves have very minor spotting but I couldn't get it on camera

Hey BRF, looks like things are filling out very nicely in your tent after you got stuck in veg for a little bit. Also, thanks for the detailed explanation on your drippers.

I had not seen a combo mainline and SCROG before. It seems to me that they both serve the same purpose, but I have yet to try either. Would you do this again?

Hey Gorgar! Thanks! It was slow going but that was also me getting a little crazy with the defol and topping when they were young Lol. I tried different training teks this grow so it was a good learning experience. Now I have a plan for next time. Yeah the drip system is super easy. Hope it's useful for you guys.

I've been growing for a few years but always stuck to simple lst and topping. This grow I was set on a scrog. It was suggested to try the mainline tek and I looked into. I liked the idea of having "hubs" that distribute the nutrients evenly. In the tutorial I read it used modified tomatoe cages and I didn't want to deal with it. I figured I could use a screen instead of the cage. Also a few of my "hubs" had uneven node spacing and started getting mangled looking. The scrog helped to make the canopy even. Next grow, I won't mainline to scrog. Took way too long! The scrog grows I've seen have great colas even without the "even nutrients distribution" I will just top and train into a scrog for the tent. I think mainlining is great for tight spaces, I have a cabinet 3'x2'x2' and Im going to mainline in there. I'll get 4 colas and get the plant to go vert once they hit the edge of the container they are in. It will be like a modified sog. I'll train them in my closet and pop them in the cab once a few finish.

IMAG1943_2.jpg

They would probably be in 1gal containers instead of 4" but hoping for 4 of these budsicles per plant. I think I was able to fit 6 1gal containers in there.

Today is week 4! I woke up earlier then normal and as I walked by my rez I could hear a strange fizzing. I went over to it and could smell bleach. Pulled the cord a few minutes before the timer went off. If my plants got that water I would have to go kick a puppy. Note to self. Don't use bleach when tired. Dumped 5 gal RO and 60ml of nutes but at least my plants didn't get bleach. Will post flower pics tonight

Today is week 4! I woke up earlier then normal and as I walked by my rez I could hear a strange fizzing. I went over to it and could smell bleach. Pulled the cord a few minutes before the timer went off. If my plants got that water I would have to go kick a puppy. Note to self. Don't use bleach when tired. Dumped 5 gal RO and 60ml of nutes but at least my plants didn't get bleach. Will post flower pics tonight

Bummer. Don't do anything important when tired. Glad your gals are fine. :cheer:

I wasn't able to get pics before lights off so this will have to do instead. Pics tomorrow.
IMAG20121.jpg

AMS seeds GSC XTRM in 4" pot, coco. It smells like straight cat piss. I came home and thought my cat went in the bedroom. After I couldn't find the source I told my wife to clean the liter box... I realized it was coming from the unfiltered box :oops:
IMAG2013.jpg

Here is the box, not the best lighting.

I wasn't able to get pics before lights off so this will have to do instead. Pics tomorrow.
IMAG20121.jpg

AMS seeds GSC XTRM in 4" pot, coco. It smells like straight cat piss. I came home and thought my cat went in the bedroom. After I couldn't find the source I told my wife to clean the liter box... I realized it was coming from the unfiltered box :oops:
IMAG2013.jpg

Here is the box, not the best lighting.
BF,
I'm impressed with your grow, so far. I'm not to sure I'll ever try manifolding, but it was a trip , being there with you as it unfolded. but like you, I don't see much advantage, when time is counted !! I'm interested in seeing what them cookies going to do. You got them looking mighty fine at this point . I'm also investigating how to grow in coco coir, and I like your high tech watering system. Anyhow, I'm here for the end of stretch (7th in stretch), now let swelling begin !! Show me some pics. of under the underside ? Greenest regards !!

Ohhh man :( sounds like my luck that. Glad all is well [/URL]

Bummer. Don't do anything important when tired. Glad your gals are fine. :cheer:

Thanks guys. Yeah I got real lucky I was able to catch it. normally I hear the rez go just before I get out of bed.

BF,
I'm impressed with your grow, so far. I'm not to sure I'll ever try manifolding, but it was a trip , being there with you as it unfolded. but like you, I don't see much advantage, when time is counted !! I'm interested in seeing what them cookies going to do. You got them looking mighty fine at this point . I'm also investigating how to grow in coco coir, and I like your high tech watering system. Anyhow, I'm here for the end of stretch (7th in stretch), now let swelling begin !! Show me some pics. of under the underside ? Greenest regards !!

Hey sp, thank you and welcome in! Mainlining was definitely a learning experience for me. Glad it helped you too. I will not mainline in the tent again but db003 has some mainlined girls and they went faster then mine. I'm really hoping for a pound but we will see. The watering system is super easy to make! My grow is pretty much automated. Just dump nutes in the rez and the occasional training or defol. I mostly just peek in to make sure everything is ok. I'll get some pics up in the AM and I'll make sure to include the underside. I didn't clean too much off the bottom. It was hard to get under there and I was worried I'd clip a good branch by accident. I may try a staggered harvest.

Coco info
Hey man! Hope this info helps with your coco grow.

The is a quote from ledrf.
1. Coco holds 30% oxygen when fully saturated.
2. If you let coco dry out, you will get lower yields and most likely nutrient issues because when the coco dries out, it leaves dry spots, where the roots dry up and die. That causes issues.
3. When you water every day or twice a day or ever three times a day, you are replacing all the oxygen the plant used up, thus letting it grow faster. You are also replacing any nutrients the plant used up with fresh nutrients. This is why I water every day with nutrients.
4. You get hydroponic results. Fast growth. Bigger yields.

How to water Marijuana growing in coco - YouTube

This thread has great info if you haven't seen it. I dont use the same nutes but I make it work for me.
How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

This is what I'm planning for my next grow.
Coco hydro organic - Easy & cheap - Water daily

Also check out How to grow marijuana free lessons

For more info on coco

Hey BF, thanks for those videos. I love coco and i think ill be going back to it after my current rockwool grow.

Hey pw hope it helps. I've only used rockwool for cloning a couple times but I :circle-of-love: coco. I don't think I'll use another medium.

Here they are under the net!
IMAG20141.jpg

IMAG20151.jpg

IMAG20192.jpg

IMAG2016.jpg

IMAG2017.jpg

IMAG20183.jpg

IMAG20273.jpg

IMAG20281.jpg

Have been top feeding 6ml calmag ph to 6.

IMAG20293.jpg

IMAG20261.jpg

IMAG2025.jpg

IMAG20241.jpg

IMAG20232.jpg

IMAG2022.jpg

IMAG20211.jpg

Here are the buds. The plants look a little sad because the rez has been disconnected until I woke up this morning. Gave them a good watering with 60ml bloom A+B and 14ml big bud. I put about 2 gal in the plants waited a bit then top Fed with more cal/mag

The rockwool works well but not as well as coco imo, ill be going back to coco and top feeding as opposed to ebb & flow. Ill probably use my flood tables to catch run off and drain back into the res.

Sent from my iPad using 420

I've only used rockwool for cloning a couple times but I :circle-of-love: coco. I don't think I'll use another medium.

That makes two of us, brother! My first grows were in AirPots with coco and some perlite and currently doing Hempys with 50/50 coco and perlite mix. After my first grow when I was fighting everything, I've grown real comfortable with coco as the medium.

Back
Top Bottom