Gnats pest issue again please help

shadowchaos19

So I've never completed a grow yet nor made it past the first stages...

My soil NEVER DRIES OUT AS QUICKLY AS IT SHOULD AND ALWAYS GET GNATS NO MATTER HOW MANY DIFFERENT WAYS AND GROWS IVE TRIED WATERING..

I'm sorry for my frustration I've literally spent over 1grand easily and still can't even get anything to stay alive. Im using a mars hydro complete 4x4 grow tent replaced the exhaust fan with a cloudline t6 ac infinity.

I haven't been able to get any seedlings to live no matter what I do. I always bleach in between trying a new grow and sterilizing everything completely.

So my buddy gave me some clones last week they were slightly droopy and much needed for transplant [ transplanted into 1 gallon pots on weds night and watered) 6 days later and my soil isn't dry and pots are still heavy af need in mind I've noticed this has been a reoccurring problem to get soil to even dry out. I have 3 fans in here I've tried less air flow.... more air flow nothing seems to work and I die a little inside everytime I fail at making this work.

Does anyone have any kind of possible insight . I keep my temp 78-82 F and 60-65 consistent humidity....

They were in mother earth terracraft and transplanted to fox farms ocean forest... I have my mars hydro tsw 2000 about 3 feet away at 75 percent

The first picture is from a week ago when I first got them and the rest are from today

They get extreme deep yellow spots and then just poof... vanish and whats left looks like a bug bites.

I do have gnat traps up and did see a couple babies on the sheet. Also let it be known I barely watered till a small amount of runoff ..

Please if you can help or have any thoughtful input its much obliged

20210803_201117.jpg

20210809_222707.jpg

20210809_222655.jpg

20210809_222650.jpg

20210809_222640.jpg

20210809_222629.jpg

bigger pots for starters. a bunch more.

there's loads of ways to control or eradicate gnats in veg. time is on your side.

the bigger issue is you got root trouble and maybe ph. they need bigger shoes fast. a gallon won't do it. once that's solved the rest gets easier. 5 - 7 gallon minimum is your next up pot. due now.

are you sure you have gnats on top of that ?

also importing clones from elsewhere is a recipe for importing pests and issues. buddy or not.

My friend has a super clean grow and works at a hydroponic shop... It is even beyond him why im having so much trouble at this point....

Yes I found a few small gnats on my yellow traps...

My main thing is that EVERY GROW I DO the soil simply does NOTTTTTT dry out as quickly as it should even under the right conditions

bigger pots for starters. a bunch more.

there's loads of ways to control or eradicate gnats in veg. time is on your side.

the bigger issue is you got root trouble and maybe ph. they need bigger shoes fast. a gallon won't do it. once that's solved the rest gets easier. 5 - 7 gallon minimum is your next up pot. due now.

are you sure you have gnats on top of that ?
Ive tried over 40 different seeds on my own within the past 4 months different strains from 420. with no success on any. They ALWAYS dampen off and or get gnats even without watering. Tried every type of soil under the sun

If its a root problem than its likely linked to the fact my soil DOES NOT DRY OUT. What do I do in that case? Ive tried positioning of fans... Even spent $150 on an ac infinity to make sure It was exhausting enough air out of the tent . I have 2 6 inch fans and a 12 inch inside the tent...

I also always make sure my water is Ph'd about 6.5

It looks like you have thrips or mites, the telltale sign is the white marks on the leaves.
If you have gnats as well you'll see them jumping around when u water or stuck to your sticky cards.
They look a little bit like a mosquito. Keep a fan pointed towards the top of the containers and do a proper wet dry/cycle when watering and you should be able to get rid of them after a few weeks. Otherwise there's plenty of other options to get rid of them, diatomaceous earth, mosquito dunks... For the thrips or mites you'll probably need an insecticide to beat them - there's plenty of options there too... Our sponsor @Sierra Natural Science has some products you could check out that may help.

My friend has a super clean grow and works at a hydroponic shop... It is even beyond him why im having so much trouble at this point....

Ive tried over 40 different seeds on my own within the past 4 months different strains from 420. with no success on any. They ALWAYS dampen off and or get gnats even without watering. Tried every type of soil under the sun

ok. so grow shop guru helped you kill 40 seeds ?

might be time to revisit basics.
the plants in the pics are perfectly savable. i wouldn't panic.

they are way past dampening off so that is not an excuse.

what is your feed sched, how much and what are you feeding, what is your ph ?

and they need an up pot.

I just up potted them from quarter to 1 gallon..... I watered them 1 time since i got them..... last wednesday still wet af not even half way down

Also how do you propose I could have up potted the 40 + seedlings ive tried to grow in the smallest container solo or 1/4 gallon pot if I cant even get them to grow..... You need to look at the bigger picture not just the matter at hand which im sure is why also my seedlings would never make it...

Also someone who is extremely condescending is helping me less than my friend who doesnt have the time too lol.

you have to give them room. avg indoor soil grow plant is a min 5 - 7 gallon in the final pot.

i ran 200+ plants at any given time. i'm an old mmj grower. doing way smaller stuff now. if you are just starting you need to try 6 - 12 plants to begin. anything else is a second full time job. learn the plant first before taking too much on.

you have to give them room. avg indoor soil grow plant is a min 5 - 7 gallon in the final pot.

i ran 200+ plants at any given time. i'm an old mmj grower. doing way smaller stuff now. if you are just starting you need to try 6 - 12 plants to begin. anything else is a second full time job. learn the plant first before taking too much on.
I obviously didnt plant 40 seeds at one time. I did 4-6 and they would die everytime.

Ive never even got to a stage where I can feed a plant nutrients cause after a week of just water it would get extremely stunted and then die. Do you think adding more water with nutrients would help an overwatered plant? Even in the circumstance where I just got these clones a week ago and only did 1 watering with just ph'd water during transplant

Also id like to note that I tried planting seeds in another room under a normal house 120v lightbulb and managed to bloom 5/5 seeds no problem so far a week later... Bought a cheap led and they are thriving in a closet with carpeted flooring i dont get it... It must be something to do with environment my tent is in im thinking. Or maybe I did over water a little transplanting but even if so why is it not nearly dry 5-6 days later? I have more than ample airflow is too airflow possible or exhaust fan too high? Its on 2 and it completely sucks the tent in. Could it have something to do with my cats litter box being in the next room over from the grow tent with the door open to get c02?

I obviously didnt plant 40 seeds at one time. I did 4-6 and they would die everytime.

Ive never even got to a stage where I can feed a plant nutrients cause after a week of just water it would get extremely stunted and then die. Do you think adding more water with nutrients would help an overwatered plant? Even in the circumstance where I just got these clones a week ago and only did 1 watering with just ph'd water during transplant

let's take a step back ..
first roll through this

get back with the relevant info and we'll get a few more growers involved.

have pretty good idea where you are runnin off the tracks but it's gonna take a few more voices to get you set. without that info no one is gonna take you serious.

Get yourself one 20 gal fabric pot
3 bags of BuildASoil V3 soil
1 bag of BuildASoil Light soil.
Rootwise Microbe Complete
Rootwise Biophos
Aloe Vera powder
Thermx70 Yucca Extract
Some Alfalfa seeds for sprouted seed tea
Bag of Bokashi
Bag of cover crop seeds
Small bag of barley straw
Pot elevator
Rove Beetles
Few worms

Take your pot and fill it about 2" of soil at a time, then water each layer with fresh non chlorinated water mixed with Yucca extract.
Water just enough to get the soil to whats called field capacity which is if you grab a large fistful and squeeze, you should see about 1 to 3 drops of water, if you squeeze as hard as you can you see a very tiny stream smaller than a pencil lead for a second.
Thats basically field capacity.
Do that 2" layer at a time until pot is filled to within 1 to 1.5" from the top.

Sprinkle a handful of Bokashi on top an just barely scratch it into the surface.
Then sprinkle a small amount of cover crop seeds all over except for about an 8" circle in the middle.
Then water that in with Aloe vera water and a teaspoon of rootwise microbe complete.
Then lay on top of that a very light layer of barley straw to start.
About now you order the Rove Beetles, by the time they come in the cover crop should be started.
Put in some worms, about a dozen will be good, they will multiply.
You water the soil lightly at first, but water it everyday.
You never let your soil dry out, EVER not even the top 1/2".
Soil needs to stay moist, not soaking wet but nice and moist like field capacity and never dry.
Once the cover crop comes in and the worms start working the soil you'll need at least a quart or two a day everyday of Yucca water.
You'll work your way up to 3/4 gallon a day in veg maybe even a gallon, then in late flower maybe 1 1/2 gallons per day.
Put in your Rove Beetles when they come in they will take care of your fungus gnats and any other soil borne pest.

Now get a solo cup, fill to the brim with the Buildasoil Light soil that you have pre-moistened with aloe vera water and rootwise microbes.
Pop the seed into a glass also with aloe vera and a pinch of Rootwise.
Place the glass in a warm spot like top of fridge, top of internet router, laptop, where ever in your house is about 80⁰
In about 12-18 hours the seed will crack, don't wait for a tail, as soon as you can see the seed crack its germinated.
Plant seed tap root side down about 1/8th inch down and water lightly.
In another 18 hours it will pop up.
Keep the seedling in 77-80⁰ temp with 65-75% humidity until the leaves are hanging over the rim of cup that will usually be day 7.
Dig a hole in center of pot and coat the hole with rootwise.
Transplant the 7 day old seedling into 20 gal pot and continue watering as you have the past few weeks.
Just needs to stay moist.
In about 10 days you make a Sprouted seed tea of Alfalfa.
Sprout 1/2 oz of seeds until the tail is the length of the seed, then put into blender with a cup of water and blend for about 15 seconds.
Add that to about a gallon or so of fresh water.
And water the plant with it.
If you want a good yield you will need to LST the plant starting a few days after the Alfalfa tea.
You start giving the Biophos a couple days prior to flipping to flower.
From there you just water daily just enough to keep the soil moist and in 8 to 10 weeks you should have about 8 oz of prime bud virtually guaranteed.

What Strain is it? lemon balm
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? idk?
How Many Plants? 4
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? dont know they were clones given
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Terracraft mother earth and was transplanted into fox farms ocean forest
If Soil... What Size Pot? .25 to 1 gal
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 mars hydro 300w led
Is it Air Cooled? Yes, Have an ac infinity exhausting fan and have a window ac in the room
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests? Not originally but after a couple days of having them yes ive a gnat or two small flying around and found 4 on my yellow trap
How Often are you Watering? Got them on 8/1 transplanted and watered just to have a small bit of run off 8/4 no nutes
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
Size or Square Footage of Room? 10x5 , the grow tent is 4x4 and barely fits in the room and corner the top of the tent is just a couple inches from the sealing and exhaust ducting to ac infinity is squeezed between ceiling so its pretty smushed and almost touching all 3 walls around it

Also id like to note that I tried planting seeds in another room under a normal house 120v lightbulb and managed to bloom 5/5 seeds no problem so far a week later... Bought a cheap led and they are thriving in a closet with carpeted flooring i dont get it... It must be something to do with environment my tent is in im thinking. Or maybe I did over water a little transplanting but even if so why is it not nearly dry 5-6 days later? I have more than ample airflow is too airflow possible or exhaust fan too high? Its on 2 and it completely sucks the tent in. Could it have something to do with my cats litter box being in the next room over from the grow tent with the door open to get c02?
When the tent sucks itself in that's known as negative air pressure. I prefer to run my tents like that as everything bad in the air gets sucked out. The bottom vents on the tent allow fresh air to be brought in. You could do even extra and add in air filters to those vents.

Back
Top Bottom