Going All In With Quantum Boards

Hey yall I just wanted to get you all updated on what's going on in the garden. Its storming pretty hard over here so we're working in the rain trying to wrap the patio so everything inside doesnt get ruined, that and the tent which, despite the winds and rain still has not got a drop on it. On another note we have new strains coming into the garden to go along with a buddy of mine. We have...

2x Sundae Strudel Feminized (Only keeping 1)
2x Pineapple Express Auto
2x

I want to also take into account the dramatic shift in growth now that the heat in the tent is much more stable in the tent
I also transplanted the 2 Mint Mango into 1 gallons, hopefully they like their new home.

Growth is coming along pretty well just steady growth, temps in the tent have been fairly stable aside from lights out which drops the tent down to 59 degrees but heats back up to 70+ quite quickly.

On another note all the new seeds have cracked so I'm going to fill their medium today and water it so the soil is ready to go tomorrow afternoon.

Growth is coming along pretty well just steady growth, temps in the tent have been fairly stable aside from lights out which drops the tent down to 59 degrees but heats back up to 70+ quite quickly.

On another note all the new seeds have cracked so I'm going to fill their medium today and water it so the soil is ready to go tomorrow afternoon.

You're going to have a full tent before you know it!

Today is a new day and there has been many changes to the tent. First off in anticipation for the new seeds I turned the light back down to 50% to give the seedlings a little break once they pop soil. Also had a Pineapple Express seedling poke through the paper towel it was in so I just planted it along with the paper towel.

Next thing new is my nutrient line that I purchased and have started using. I gave all 3 Tangerine Borealis and the biggest of the Mint Mango a half strength dose of nutes based on their master program, which includes Grow, Micro, Amino Acid, Full Potential, Silica, and Calmag

Next update is that my buddy started up his seeds as well so I'll keep you guys updated on his side of things. Hes using a vipar spectra PAR 600 in a 3x3 grow tent and hes growing the following.

2x Pineapple Express Auto
2x Smoothie Auto
1x Sundae Strudel

Lastly is just a quick daily update on the state of the plants and a bit of food for thought. I noticed that 2 of The Tangerine Borealis skipped the 3 fingered stage entirely and went to 5 fingers on the second node and 7 blades on the third. And the other one went through the 3 fingered stage but went straight to 7 blades after that. I've never actually had a strain do this before so it's interesting to see

Here we are again with another update. But this one is a little more interesting than usual. First off one of the Tangerine Borealis seems to have nute burn from the mixture I gave it while the others seem to be soaking it up pretty well, should I flush the plant before it gets any worse or just ride it out and see how it takes it? Also the biggest of the mint mango turned at the 4th node? It has growth tips on 3 sides and is growing 3 leaves at that node. Arent polyploids supposed to start off as polyploids from the very beginning?

God I just cant help myself from taking pictures of the plants every day. But we have news today, not big news but news. Pineapple Express #2 has popped the soil so we have officially started the auto portion of the grow.

We have some more babies today!! A second Pineapple Express has popped and so has a Smoothie. I've got a question that could use a little input. Normally when I grow outdoors I let my plants grow to about a foot to a foot and a half before I top, but these girls seems pretty healthy and are growing vigorously enough that I dont think they would slow down much if I topped it down at the 4th node. What do you guys think, should I wait another node or 2 before I do? Also it seems like the Mint Mango #2 is having what looks close to the zinc deficiency I've had on a plant in the past so it should be fine once I give it its first feeding in a day or 2, going to stick to mainly silica full potential and calmag before adding grow nutes because its still pretty small.

Got my amazon package in the mail today and got myself a timer and a small personal heater.
Its 200w so really not too much power but seems to be perfect for what I need. I'll be running it 1 hour on 15 minutes off and my temps seem to be stable at 69-79 degrees now but I'll have to see how it fares when the cold hits tomorrow morning.

This thermostat was recommended by someone here, working great so far.
$19 on amazon.

BN-LINK Digital Heat Mat Thermostat Controller for Seed Germination, Reptiles and Brewing Breeding Incubation Greenhouse, 40-108°F, 8.3A 1000W ETL Listed

I usually top when there is a 6th node coming in.
I decided to top after a bit of arguing with myself about it last night but with the weak lower branching of the Tangerine Borealis I wanted to top before It gets a chance to get much taller and I wanted to top the mint mango since its growing so much faster than the rest.

Temps have been getting colder so I upgraded to a new 350 watt heater, I've tested it out in my bedroom and it keeps the whole room heated with the thermostat cranked up all the way to 90 degrees so itll have no problem heating up the tent. I'm also getting some bad feelings that the triploid might be a male. It's still too early to tell but I i see some preflowers starting to show at the point of topping.

So I'm fairly certain that the Mint Mango Triploid I have is a male but I'll give it some time to properly show here's some pics of what I'm seeing.

Also I decided to check on the two seeds that never popped the soil and saw that my sundae strudel had root rot and never made it past the point where it was placed in the soil. I guess the soil must've been too damp when I put it In the room but all is good because I decided to take a chance on a new seed and have a chance of it turning male on me.

Back
Top Bottom