Going Green With JCTJ: Perpetual Autos With A Photo Here & There

Awesome update! Glad to see you here again after 6 months. It really is a different world than it was back in those days of innocence and Canadian comparative grows! Nice Black Sugar nugs by the way.

Good to see you Hutch, that feels like an eternity ago LOL. Are you rocking out any grows this summer?

Good to see you Hutch, that feels like an eternity ago LOL. Are you rocking out any grows this summer?
You bet! I have a WW and a Seedsman Cheese ready to flip on Friday. This morning I just planted 5 seeds in solo cups, an RQS Purple Queen, Expert Seeds Gorilla Cookies, 2 Golden Tigers from Ace Seeds and a Nepal x Kali China also from Ace Seeds. Strangely none of the Ace Seeds have germinated. Ace has a good reputation, as far as I know, so I'm hoping they eventually hatch.

I've been off 420mag since about April. Got deep into covid-19 news on Twitter which led me to news of the USA which I had been avoiding for almost a year. That led down the rabbit hole to the disgusting world of Trump, qanon etc. Finally got rid of Twitter on Friday to protect my sanity. With no news and no Twitter my days just got about 6 hours longer and I'm feeling much better getting that stuff out of my head but a little bored so back to 420mag I've come.

You bet! I have a WW and a Seedsman Cheese ready to flip on Friday. This morning I just planted 5 seeds in solo cups, an RQS Purple Queen, Expert Seeds Gorilla Cookies, 2 Golden Tigers from Ace Seeds and a Nepal x Kali China also from Ace Seeds. Strangely none of the Ace Seeds have germinated. Ace has a good reputation, as far as I know, so I'm hoping they eventually hatch.

I've been off 420mag since about April. Got deep into covid-19 news on Twitter which led me to news of the USA which I had been avoiding for almost a year. That led down the rabbit hole to the disgusting world of Trump, qanon etc. Finally got rid of Twitter on Friday to protect my sanity. With no news and no Twitter my days just got about 6 hours longer and I'm feeling much better getting that stuff out of my head but a little bored so back to 420mag I've come.

Good timing then! That's quite the haul you've got going, looking forward to seeing pictures if you get around to it :cool:. Glad to see you back though, time to put that focus into growing some big beautiful ladies :yahoo:

Great to have you back JC! Amazing saves for your neighbour's plants. S/he must be chuffed to be getting that back from her/his little cup misfits, particularly the WW. :thumb:

Nice tight trim on those Black Sugar nugs too!

Hey Shed! Thanks :high-five:

It's funny how things come full circle, that WW seed was an old CKS seed of mine from way back. My neighbour straight up gave the plants to me, they had new Wedding Cake autos and a couple White Tahoe Cookies on the go by that point. I will certainly be sharing the rewards of the WW though! For all it's gone through, it should be a half decent yield in the very near future. Itching to chop!

Nice update JC and good to see you back journalling!

Thanks buddy! I have every intention of sticking around for the rest of the year and hopefully produce some better journal content when I have more time. Really missing my indoor setup and the total environmental control associated with it. I'd like to get back to that in another 5 or 6 weeks, with the wife's approval of course :goof: :goodluck:

Wow!

Thats a explosion of a update that melted my face!

I really need to do some Autos outdoors instead of photos...but it seems so dirty to me to do Autos.

Welcome back!

Wow!

Thats a explosion of a update that melted my face!

I really need to do some Autos outdoors instead of photos...but it seems so dirty to me to do Autos.

Welcome back!

Hey there BVB!

Haha it's hard to make the switch when (in your case) you have a real good thing going with photos and clones. I never seem to have real good luck with photos indoors, truthfully I should have grown a couple outside this summer... but what can ya do :). We have a nice long indoor off season here, lots of time for me to experiment again. Now if only I had the room for separate veg/flower tents... :rofl:

Now if only I had the room for separate veg/flower tents... :rofl:
I know....:(....
The Baroness would not approve.:(

Fantastic update! I had a similar issue with a few of my pink kush autos. I chalked it up to smaller pots but it does seem to pop up quite a bit. Loved the smell, taste and effect but never got one to be a yielder.

Fantastic update! I had a similar issue with a few of my pink kush autos. I chalked it up to smaller pots but it does seem to pop up quite a bit. Loved the smell, taste and effect but never got one to be a yielder.

Thanks for the info! Sounds about right with it being a fairly low yield strain. Knowing this, I will grow two or 3 at once next time :)

Such a pretty plant so far

Chop day for the WW! Found a little bud rot on a very low bud. Plant has enough amber trichomes for me to harvest, don't want to risk anymore rot!

Nice trick making your arms look so small. Really makes those buds look huge!!
Nice looking product JC! :bravo:

Haha thanks MrS! I wish I had harvested this WW a little sooner, preferably before the last major rain fall. All the summer high humidity, dewy nights and rain didn't agree with this gal. Ended up losing a few more good sized buds to rot, probably worth a dried quarter oz. I was very meticulous in the breakdown process. Just under 250g trimmed wet weight, so maybe 2.2oz in the end. No complaints here from a plant I saved early on that probably shouldn't have done as well as it did! :)

Addition trim pictures are from the 26th and the plant update pics from the 27th.

WW trim

07/27 Update:

Sweet Seeds Mystery Auto #1 - After some hard thought on what strain this could actually be. I've narrowed it down to the Sweet Skunk Auto. Earthy deep skunk smell with a hint of sweetness when you touch the sugar leaves. I could totally be wrong, but that's my guess haha.

Mystery #3

Mystery #2

Seedsman Pink Kush CBD 30:1

The PK really starting to show her colors. Looks nice.

She is! Hope she keeps filling out nicely, thinking of getting another one going soon for the indoor grow. Do some training on that one and see how it responds.

I love the way that Sweet Skunk Auto looks!

Very cool plant, a little "fox taily" but good leaf to calyx ratio. Not a huge yielder outdoor but at a wet trimmed weight of 180g, it should still net a decent dried finish.

Hey all, 07/30 update.... I wanted to say Friday but it's technically my Friday today :D

Enjoying a couple wind down brews this evening.

View media item 1785557
No outdoor updates the last couple days, it's been one heck of a busy week. Watered today with MC, the ladies dried out nicely and they took a big drink this evening. I'll update with some more pictures tomorrow, as we have a whopping two days off.

I was given the GREEN light to get the tent back up and running. Tomorrow I'll reassemble the love box and pick up a new bale of Pro-Mix HP so I can get these youngin's into their final home.

Critical Mass Auto. Been sitting under a very cheapy 40w blurple LED I bought way back before I started dabbling with this type of indoor growing. This wasn't exactly a planned grow, my neighbour soaked some Critical Mass seeds and then offered them to me.... how could I say no? I actually still have 3 other gifted Critical Mass Auto seeds as well that were supposed to be the start of my fall grow.

Nice JC! I love the pic too. The plant really stands out in contrast to your background. Nice and sharp!

Thanks buddy! They stretched a little more than I'd like being under a rather rudimentary setup but I'll fix that up quick when they go into their final pots. Looking forward to getting this adventure started... now to decide what to grow with them.

Back
Top Bottom