Gratefulred Grow 2.0 Sonoran Desert

Yup - I didn't get them obviously and they've been doing some damage on the chololope. Here is a bud where they took up a homestead:

IMG_1988.jpeg

Compared with a healthy one on the other side of the plant:

IMG_1989.jpeg

I'll probably harvest the chocolope in the next day or so and put an end to this - they are at 56 days in a projected range of 56 - 62 days, so they are just about ready.

IMG_1991.jpeg

I'm worried about the two blue dreams which need another couple of weeks. Keeping my eye on them and spraying more heavily.

IMG_1993.jpeg

@Tommboy1973 - Did a little more research and I think you were right about the leafhoppers. Leafhoppers & Cannabis - How to Identify & Get Rid of It Quickly!. I ended up spraying @Carcass ' suggestion of insecticidal soap quite liberally the last couple of days. The article above said don't spray on buds, but that was easier said than done, so they got a healthy dose for better or for worse. Has anyone had any experience there?

Ordering some Spinosad for overnight delivery, so I'll keep my eyes pealed for more of those little greedy green stoners. During my checking tonight, I killed another half dozen or so by hand. Either they will kill my plants or the soap will, but I'm going down fighting.

Still finding the leafhoppers happily hopping around this morning - trying Spinosad - sprayed at recommended dosage pretty heavily over all plants, from the top and the bottom. Fingers crossed.

I harvested the chocolope - all except one bud was just fine and I think even though that bud was damaged by the insects, it will still be usable. Might be a day or two earlier than I would have wanted to do it, but still within the acceptable range. Left about 1/3 of the plant to further mature. Do others have success with this or do most of you harvest the whole plant right away? The buds on the lower 1/3 were so small I thought I'd let them grow a bit more.

IMG_1999.jpeg
IMG_2001.jpeg

IMG_1997.jpeg

I harvested mine in 2 stages. More because I was unsure if it was the right time. I kept thinking I saw amber. But on the second batch I actually saw amber so was glad I had split the harvest. It’s all a learning experience!

OK - harvested the 2nd chocolope at 59 days - VERY different from the other one. Not a lot of smell and actually not a ton of trichomes, but quite dense - is this a bad sign? I'm amazed at how different it was from its silver sister.

IMG_2024.jpeg
IMG_2025.jpeg
IMG_2026.jpeg

Wow that’s crazy. You’re right, it looks very different. It doesn’t even look like the same strain. Different phenotypes I guess?
I really don’t know - I don’t have enough experiences yet! I do wonder if a stray seed got in the mix? Or can there really be this much variation?

Based on the photo below the other one seems to be the outlier.

AEE6EB54-BBA3-4496-815A-8CEB7DF9295A.jpeg

And I worry that perhaps one of the insecticidal soaps cut down on the trichrome production? It’s so beautiful other than that. I hope it still has some potency.

AND... I must say that the Chocolope and the GSC are both really wonderful smokes so far and changing by the week with curing time. I swear they have a depth that I don't get from the commercially grown stuff - I'm proud of those efforts! Thanks so much everyone for your help and community. The finish line is in sight for these first grows. I'll post the last BD harvest when she is ready - she's a bit behind the other. Leaves are still curling down, but trichromes are looking decent and the insect issue seems to be mostly under control.

Did you avoid spraying on buds or no?
Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. I do spray it on my buds. I basically saturate the whole plant. I don’t think it hurts the trichomes.

both really wonderful smokes so far and changing by the week with curing time.
A good cure can make all the difference. I have some from last year that are just now starting to get that nice dank smell.

I swear they have a depth that I don't get from the commercially grown stuff
Ain’t that the truth. The stuff I’ve grown is so much better than commercial stuff. I think a lot of it is the curing.

I'm proud of those efforts!
As you should be. Congrats on your harvest.

Back
Top Bottom