Gratefulred Grow 2.0 Sonoran Desert

Not an old dipstick! A BBQ skewer.. :)

A few bud shots for y’all! They are drinking a ton - almost every other or every third day at this point. Hope that is a good sign!

GSC, Chocolope, Blue dream.

1CBCD61A-6E05-4E78-BD71-16BEC5E5C1DE.jpeg

F4212B33-4E76-40D2-9C0C-A0340858832D.jpeg

260293BE-053D-4A0C-890D-CA2B9787BF3F.jpeg

PESTS... Geesh - I go away for a few days, and come back to these little mother f****rs.... This is through my jewelers loop:

IMG_1886.jpeg

Not noticing anything being eaten, but they have to live on something. Some yellowing of leaves, but that seems pretty normal at this stage in the game? The only other thing I notice is some large crystal-like droppings on some of the leaves. I've gone through and picked them off by hand, but surely there are many more I don't see.

What to do friends? I'm seeing the finish line (GSC finishes this week or next it is looking like, chocolope next week, and blue dream the week following). I'll be damned if these fellas hurt my ladies.

Send reinforcements!

Spraying the plants with Safers Insecticidal Soap will probably at least keep them to a minimum...I don't know what that thing is... it's not an aphid, but I'd treat it the same as aphids if they were on my plants...
Good luck- you caught them early, so you stand a good chance of keeping them in check till harvest time...

The appearance, especially the head shape and leg placement makes me think leafhopper. As well as the crystal like secretions, they leave a honeydew like substance like aphids. I’ve tried IDing this one but can’t find a match tho. It doesn’t look exactly like the leafhoppers and seems much smaller. I’m wondering if it’s in a nymph stage.

The appearance, especially the head shape and leg placement makes me think leafhopper. As well as the crystal like secretions, they leave a honeydew like substance like aphids. I’ve tried IDing this one but can’t find a match tho. It doesn’t look exactly like the leafhoppers and seems much smaller. I’m wondering if it’s in a nymph stage.
That makes sense to me - and would make sense with the crystal-like secretion. Leafhopper rings a bell.

Spraying the plants with Safers Insecticidal Soap will probably at least keep them to a minimum...I don't know what that thing is... it's not an aphid, but I'd treat it the same as aphids if they were on my plants...
Good luck- you caught them early, so you stand a good chance of keeping them in check till harvest time...
Sprayed today - didn't do what the bottle said which was to soak the plants - just couldn't quite convince myself to do that at this late stage of the game on an inside grow. I'll keep you posted.

I can't tell how much amber she's got, but I'd wait for at least 10%...although, as long as the trichs are mostly all cloudy, you could harvest now, for a more "peppy" high- it's up to you...
I think you could stop the nutes now- another dose isn't going to do anything for her this close to the end ...
Those buds look yummy!

Wow! Buds looking awesome! This was the hardest part for me, figuring out when to harvest. What are you using to look at tricomes? Can you post a pic? I used a loupe taped over my phone camera and was able to get some decent shots.

Wow! Buds looking awesome! This was the hardest part for me, figuring out when to harvest. What are you using to look at tricomes? Can you post a pic? I used a loupe taped over my phone camera and was able to get some decent shots.
I have a decent jeweler's loop. Here's a few shots. My guess is we are ready to go.
IMG_1917.jpeg
IMG_1918.jpeg
IMG_1921.jpeg

Nice shots! Can definitely see amber on the sugar leaves, hard to tell how many on the actual calyxes but I think I see a few. I think you’re good to go anytime!

Hey all - got some curly leaf action on one and some yellowing on another blue dream. They have about two weeks to go. Anything to worry about? Today I flushed with Florakleen to clean things out for the last couple of weeks but that certainly hasn’t caused this effect in such short time- this has been in the works.
5B2B44EA-5FD9-43B3-89A9-E3890811D272.jpeg
Thoughts?

55EEADDB-61B8-4366-A3F7-595E21CB0420.jpeg

The dark green color on some of the leaves, clawing leaf tips, and that upside down canoeing of the leaves are all indicators of nitrogen toxicity- maybe lighten up on their feed for their last 2 weeks?
At this point, it can't hurt, and it may help straighten them out...(literally ;) )
Flushing was the right thing to do to wash out some of that excess nitrogen...

The dark green color on some of the leaves, clawing leaf tips, and that upside down canoeing of the leaves are all indicators of nitrogen toxicity- maybe lighten up on their feed for their last 2 weeks?
At this point, it can't hurt, and it may help straighten them out...(literally ;) )
Flushing was the right thing to do to wash out some of that excess nitrogen...
Great - from what I have read common causes are exactly that - nutrient toxicity and overwatering. Might be a bit of both, so let’s see what happened after they have a few days to react to the flushing. I’ll harvest the GSC tomorrow in any case. Thank you!

nothing to do but wait and see if less water and the decrease of nutes do the trick right?
Right! It usually takes 4 or 5 days to see results (good or bad) when you make changes....

Back
Top Bottom