Gratefulred Grow 2.0 Sonoran Desert

How is everything going? Any change in your outdoor ladies with the cooler (relatively lol) weather we’ve been having?
Hey - sorry for the radio silence. Been taking care of some family matters. I harvested them and they have hung to dry for about a week. Now in jars to cure. Unfortunately, that heat stroke did brown/dry some buds to the point of no return, but there should still be some usable bud in there. I think the cider block reflecting wall was the issue when the temps went up into the 90s and I have the feeling the buds got stunted at that point. It was definitely not mold. Some photos below! White Widow X Crystal Meth, AK47, Jack Herer, and Lambs Breath all autos.
IMG_1260.jpeg
IMG_1704.jpeg

The inside ladies continue to do well. They have needed some support as the buds have begun to grow. It is tight in there, but I'm thinking I might just keep them inside (crowded) due to my recent luck outside not being so great. Perhaps I'll bring one out. The GSC will finish earlier (maybe a couple more weeks) than the Blue Dream and Chocolope, so that might give them some space at that point.
IMG_1678.jpeg
IMG_1680.jpeg

I'd let em go for awhile...still plenty of room between them and the light- you can always bend them later if they do get too close...
Unless you want to try and maintain a fairly flat canopy, if so, you may as well bend them down now.

Those ladies are looking great! :bravo:

I just moved that light up - it doesn't really go any higher, which is probably fine. The advantage to the flat canopy in this case is what? I was just thinking if they were bent over a few more buds might get a little more light. But, I'm more than happy to let things play out. I do notice that these particular buds are particularly green. It is blue dream, btw.

IMG_1749.jpeg

IMG_1748.jpeg

The advantage to the flat canopy in this case is what?
Getting apx. the same light intensity to all the tops is why I do it- if you raise the light just for those 2 tall colas, that means less intense light for all the others- if you bend them down to apx the same height as the rest of the tops, they all get close to the same light intensity, which (imo) is a good thing...

Getting apx. the same light intensity to all the tops is why I do it- if you raise the light just for those 2 tall colas, that means less intense light for all the others- if you bend them down to apx the same height as the rest of the tops, they all get close to the same light intensity, which (imo) is a good thing...
Right! Thus my first question! The light’s specifications indicate the present height is good for the rest of them so it is just the one that is reaching up higher that is closer than recommended. Six of one, half a dozen by of the other... Might as well bring them down.

So, while I am trying some extreme stress training one on of the plants, this was not intentional - chocolope at 42 days of flowering - 56 - 63 for harvest expected. Split on the stem. Tape her up? Let it go the route of “nature”?
864E43E6-5375-4E27-BD46-FF9EC9ED0A54.jpeg

If nothing has wilted by now, she'll be fine- as long as you don't mind a few sideways buds...:)

Totally don’t mind. They are incredibly beautiful! I’m growing two chocolopes

and they’re totally different looking. This one I would like to clone but I’ve never done it.

I did tie them up a little bit because they were really drooping but everything looks healthy. Fingers crossed.
image.jpg
image.jpg

here’s the other - same age and environment:
image.jpg

They're both super healthy and beautiful- looks like you're doing everything right, GRH!

Your plants are looking good. I’ve seen people use all sorts of things to support a split stem. Just keep an eye on it. One thing I’ve noticed some people do, is when you top it, cut it an inch or so above the node instead of just above the node. There is less chance of it splitting when doing that. Also, when I first saw that metal probe you’re using, I thought it was an old oil dip stick. Ha!

Back
Top Bottom