GreeenFingers - Mr Nice - NL5 x Afghan - DWC - SCROG

Your gilrz are looking nice and happy / healthy , Sweet , I bet you get at least a 1lb from your sq.ft

I stopped feeding my plants nutrients and cal mag two weeks ago some leaves are yellowing with rust spots. As the plants are on week 9 its pretty normal for the leaves to start failing.

Last week I did add a strong dose of Bud Candy and Terpinator which has 1% potassium that will increase Bud size and resin production.

Using Potassium as a bud booster is rarely talked about but an effective treatment

If you have any quick tips to throw back at me Id appreciate !

UPDATE:

DAY 32

Hey everybody :ciao:

Everything seems to be going well in the garden. The CalMag has been upped to try and match these girls massive Calcium appetite and now its the waiting game to see if any more leaf spotting begins to spread, this is not a fun game ha ha

I'm still contemplating switching from the Connoisseur to the Lucas formula to try and increase the Calcium without increasing the Nitrogen. I'm just not sure whether to do a side by side or just switch both?

EC - 2.5

TDS
- 1250 ppm ( 0.5 scale ) 1750 ppm ( 0.7 scale )

PH - 5.8

Enjoy some pictures of the girls before lights out :)

32a.JPG

32b.JPG

32c.JPG

32d.JPG

DSC_07677.JPG

DSC_076810.JPG

Hope you all enjoyed this one :thumb:

GreenFingers

Your gilrz are looking nice and happy / healthy , Sweet , I bet you get at least a 1lb from your sq.ft

I stopped feeding my plants nutrients and cal mag two weeks ago some leaves are yellowing with rust spots. As the plants are on week 9 its pretty normal for the leaves to start failing.

Last week I did add a strong dose of Bud Candy and Terpinator which has 1% potassium that will increase Bud size and resin production.

Using Potassium as a bud booster is rarely talked about but an effective treatment

If you have any quick tips to throw back at me Id appreciate !

Hey LEDBud

I really appreciate the complements, a 1lb would be amazing, that's 448g, with a 400w light that would put the grow slightly over the 1g/w mark which would be the ideal goal :)

I feel the same way about using Potassium ( K ) to increase Bud and Resin production, it is why I chose connisseur as my base as the total NPK ratio is 5 - 4 - 10 making sure the Potassium is the primary nutrient throughout flower even if PK boosters are used. Potassium also increases a plants tolerance to stress.

I've never used Terpinator before but have read about it, have you noticed any increase in the aroma at all?

I do use Bud Candy on quite a few strains although I find it complements some better than others, great with cheeses so you're sorted there :)

Have you been using the Bud Candy throughout flower? I find the longer it is used the more effect it has on the flavour.

I'd make sure to flush everything out well a few days before you harvest or in your case each partial harvest just to make sure your smoke burns clean, other than that it seems like you're doing great work :)

GreenFingers

UPDATE:

DAY 35

I've been quite busy these past few days and haven't been able to spend much time on the journal so I thought I'd do a nice picture heavy update this time :)

But first, how the girls are doing

Everything seems to be stable, the buds are still fattening up nicely Its just so hard to tell if the Calcium deficiency is spreading so I am carefully trying to monitor the leaves on a daily basis.

Both reservoirs were changed yesterday and I did not switch to the Lucas formula, I think I'm going to see if I can fight the deficiency because I already know what the girls can tolerate with the Connoisseur EC wise. I think switching might be too risky at this stage of flower considering I have never tested it before I really don't want to run into a bunch of toxicity's or deficiency's.

I am thinking of doing a side by side between Lucas and Connoisseur on a strain I know well among the next batch of plants to go into the Flower room so that I really know which is better and for what reasons, It may be interesting for some people to follow :)

I can't seem to feed these girls enough, realistically I just think the roots have gotten way too big for the buckets, even though they are 25 Litre ( 6 gal ) buckets the roots have pushed themselves above the water line, rapid consumption of nutrients also means that the water is loosing a lot of its buffering capacity and needs to now be monitored and adjusted daily which is a bit of a pain.

I will not make the same mistake again with my up and coming Blue Cheese girls, I'm looking at a 85 Litre ( 22.5 gal ) container for the both of them to go into which will greatly reduce the amount of monitoring needed, I can't wait to build it, the room could fit 3 of these containers in total :)

PH - 5.8

EC - 2.6

TDS
- 1300 ppm ( 0.5 scale ) 18200 ppm ( 0.7 scale )

There is a heatwave at the moment in my country and temperatures are climbing a little higher than I would like, ventilation has been increased dramatically to combat this and the room seems now to be stable at just under 27 C ( 80.6 f )

The Blue Cheese clones getting ready for Flowering in about 2 weeks :)

DSC_07828.JPG

A view from under the canopy :)

DSC_077215.JPG

Enjoy some pictures from all around the Garden :)

DSC_07568.JPG

DSC_07652.JPG

DSC_07784.JPG

DSC_07606.JPG

DSC_07796.JPG

DSC_07808.JPG

DSC_078110.JPG

DSC_07879.JPG

DSC_079211.JPG

DSC_07967.JPG

DSC_07909.JPG

GreenFingers

This is my 2nd grow using the Terpinator and Bud Candy so I have not had time to test or notice changes.

The first time I used almost a full liter of both Bud Candy and Terpinator on two plants from start to finish with little extra results as far as I could tell with the lb of pot that was harvested.

This grow I used what little was left here and there , throughout the grow.

Chitosan as you probably know is used in Terpinator and other products such as Bud factor X etc.

All companies are instructing people to mix with water and apply to the root zone.

I want to try applying by foliar spraying it as I had read the forest service sprays Chitosan on the forests trees from the air.

On a upcoming grow I will foilar spray it and see how that does. Also I plan to do a test on clones with the UVB light in the near future.

I don't want to make any UVB light claims until i have tested it diligently.

UPDATE:

DAY 52

I do apologise for the delay in updates, an awful lot of work has been happening lately

Now that it's summer the grow room temperatures were getting extremely high, climbing up towards 30 C ( 86 f )

This temperature increase has prevented me from putting the Blue Cheese into the flower room as early as I would have liked because the above temperature was with the 400w HPS alone.

The plan was to add a 250w HPS to get a better light spread when more plants were going to be added.

So the Grow room needed to be re-designed

The bare bulb reflector was removed from the Flower room and will be going into the Veg room to house the 125w CFL that is already in there so at least the reflector isn't going to waste.

The Flower room now has 2 connected Cool-Tubes, one housing the 400w and the other housing the 250w. Air is being pulled through a carbon filter by an in-line fan which is then pushing the air through the ducting and Cool-Tubes which then is then vented outdoors, temperatures are now stable :)

Pushing the air through the Cool-Tubes is more advisable than pulling because it prevents the fan from coming in contact with the hot air which will end up damaging the motors over time.

The calcium deficiency issue was finally solved :) and I can not believe the EC / PPM required to do so, its far higher than I've ever seen any plant be able to tolerate, but these girls seemed to demand it,

I would not recommend these numbers to anyone ha ha

The girls finally became PH 5.8 stable at;

...... drumroll .......

EC - 3.2 :yikes:

Thats 1600 ppm on the .5 scale and 2240 ppm on the .7 scale

Crazy numbers ha ha

Other than that they are doing really well, all of the pistils have receded and the final swell is happening :)

Trichomes are about 60% Cloudy and 40% Clear

I am aiming for peak cannabinoid concentration which can be found in the milky Trichomes, I aim for about 95% cloudy with the 5% beginning to Amber.

Remember Trichomes turning Amber is a process where THC degrades to its non psychoactive form of CBN ( Cannabinol ) which in turn reduces potency.

Catch them while they're cloudy :)

Lots of pictures of the girls coming really soon but for now, please enjoy a picture of the new set-up :)

DSC_0y864.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed this one, I'll try get those pictures of the girls up for you really soon :thumb:

GreenFingers

UPDATE:

DAY 55

The girls are now on the final stretch to harvest, I'm thinking in as little as a week :)

I will be switching the lights from HPS to MH for the last 5 or so days to increase Trichome production, I'm also thinking of beginning the flush at around this time too :)

The Blue Cheese girls have finally been added to the flower room today in a much bigger container than the buckets that the NL5 X Afghan are in at the moment, It can hold 60 litres ( 16 gal ) when filled and is unbelievably heavy

I am hoping this one will be large enough to give the roots some breathing room this time around ha ha pictures of that coming soon :)

Here are the pictures as promised

DSC_08469.JPG

DSC_08917.JPG

DSC_08927.JPG

DSC_08938.JPG

DSC_08955.JPG

GreenFingers

Back
Top Bottom