Green Jeans Greenhouse Outdoor Adventure

Hey Back - I've got one of the "Hotspots" with a cell phone number - it's thru Fido - 5 GB, then on and on...all the pictures really eats up the MB's and videos or utube and whatever really add up fast.
Hey, hope you are on the mend - ya don't want to be laid up over the holiday - Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!

oh ok, I mean, you don’t have home wifi? I know, it’s just another expense. For me though, we don’t have cable, just unlimited internet. Then I have 3.5 G of data on my cell phone, but I always hook up to the wifi when I’m at home so I don’t use all my data. I use it up anyways, mainly because of this site lol. Hard to stay away from it when I’m at work.

Thanks GJ I’m feeling a bit better today, not 100% but I’m feeling a bit better. I hope it’s not the calm before the storm lol.

Im just over at my mothers right now, finished supper and laid out on the couch, with my button undone. You know the typical thing! Lol

happy thanksgiving to you, and your as well sir!! Hope your grandchildren come for some exciting times soon!!!

Those damn aphids were really out of control and I think they were causing mold, etc. - I was seeing a few amber trichs and at the risk of losing a plant and based on how the real early stuff was working I figured I would go ahead. Aphids really took over Beulah in the greenhouse as well. I was counting on her for full term as she was in the greenhouse but she was so tall and thick I couldn't get up to the top to check on her. I ended up taking the bottom branches which allowed me to inspect the top, heavy colas and treat anything and hopefully save them for max. - I still have three (not full anymore) outside and the very top of Jeff and Beulah in the greenhouse so I should have a complete range of potency. They are turning real purply and more and more amber trichs so I think anytime would be good from here on in.

Well, the rest of Angie and Beulah are drying on the line - there was not a lot of amber but they just looked tired like they had been in flower long enough. To my inexperienced eye the trichs looked like they were on the down side as well. I think tomorrow DeeDee and Mutt go the distance as well. It was nice to be able to close up the sliding door from the shop into the greenhouse. I was thinking of moving DeeDee and Mutt into the greenhouse and then realized my silliness and how bad my back felt from some of the other shenanigans so.... one more nite under cover...then wash, rinse, repeat.... whodathunk I'd ever get them this far???
What an adventure!!!!

Well, all that's left now is one big cola on Jeff and the little 10" rooting which has just started to show amber (she's so cute) I may keep Jeff going as an experiment. She is in a 5 gal bucket and is now in the shop - she was brought back from the forest quite awhile ago when I realized that she was a gal. She had been mistaken for a dude in the early stages. I'll get a pic of the drying room shortly.

The only thing growing still is the 10" cutting. Jeff looked like she was getting a bit of mold so... off with your head!!!
Here is about 3/4 of the harvest - there is 5 1/2 - 8 foot long strings - should do me awhile...
three quarters harvest.jpg

Here is Jeff's cola...
jeffs top.jpg

and just the bones...
bones.jpg

I had a bit of a scare this afternoon - the last two harvested bunchs looked "different" - at first I thought mold but I don't see anything fuzzy - just a different colour and I'm wondering if it's the "purply" coming thru?? Scared me tho - I'm anxious to look in the morning. I put about a 1/2 dozen branches in the fridge just for the heck of it.
One other note - the greenhouse is down - I'll finish taking the walls apart tomorrow and save the sticks for next years journey. The two sliding glass doors are already back in place. I already have a bunch of old sliding glass doors that I will be taking apart for the new roof and possibly a few new solar panels....we'll see.

I just noticed that the photo of Jeff's cola - it looks like some of the others I have seen on the forum - but - in person it doesn't seem to look like that. My buds seem to be what I call "airey" - lots of room. I wish I could look at others in person to really get an idea of what I should be shooting for!! I'm not worried, they are doing the job, but... Like I have said "I didn't grow them to look at!!"

Well Gang...everything is in jars and I have been enjoying the fruits of my labour!!! I have made a batch of coconut infused oil and been trying bits and pieces either in the vape or in my hooka. Seems much stronger thru the hooka. I'm not sure if my product is all that potent but I have approx. 65 jars so if I need to use a bit more...I think I'm covered!!
Actually, all is not in jars - the Runt that was the top of Angie, I have been nursing along just for giggles and she seems to be very amber so today was the day....
runt-jpg.1968978
runt trimmed.jpg

It will be interesting to see how she turns out.
Well Gang I've enjoyed all your company and help and I don't think I could have got this far without you all and I have had a lot of fun reading about all the exploits and will be checking in from time to time...so I will see you all in the Spring and we can get this adventure under way one more time....

Attachments

• runt.jpg
    runt.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 204
Well, I am absolutely, totally, completely, unequivocally, (OK, I can't think of anymore words) offended by "ghetto" - I was reeeeaaallly aiming for "Shabby Hillbilly Sheik" are you saying I missed the mark????!!!!???
Bwaaaaahaaaaahaaaa !!!!! If I can find someone who would go to the extremes of repurposing that I do I would shake his hand vigorously and they would be my idol !!! ;-)

Standard Redneck!

Well, we had a thunderstorm last nite that dropped about 3/4" of rain. My new configuration on the greenhouse had a conflict !!! I think I had overwatered already and was waiting for Angie and Beulah to dry out but now they've had MORE!!
I put a 20" box fan about 6 feet away when it gets hot but I try to baffle the wind, anyway this plant has had droopy leaves for a couple of weeks - I had fed it some Golfgreen Tomato fertilizer (6-12-12) that you mix into the soil - I then got nervous and replaced the top layer with Miraclegro potting soil about a week ago. Can anyone guess what these leaves are trying to tell me?? Part windburn, over fertilized or almost guaranteed over watered.

my guy also tells me that you need to stay away from miracle gro, especially the stuff for flowers, the veg garden stuff is at least edible,

I didn't take a pic, but I've trussed the two branches up near the stalk and then tied the branches down further out where they are more bendy - the roof is 6' above soil level and they want to push on thru. If they don't slow down soon I'm just gonna lay them on their side.

I seen guys do this type of thing, gets a bunch of stacks coming up!

A guy I work with, has his license for 146 plants at a time. This past weekend he had 70 plants hanging ready for trimming and cure. He said it takes him 45 mins per plant, and he got 40 done over the weekend. Damn I could not imagine having to cut down 70 plants at a time. Just ridiculous!!

Yes it’s definitely going to take you some time to harvest all your ladies, but you’ve got lots of time before their finished. You raised the roof and shouldn’t have much else to do except get your fire wood cut (listen to me, think I know your to do list) haha hopefully you find the time for everything green jeans! :yummy:

I had 4 plants last crop, got a good quarter pound off each, took all day for me and the wife to trim them up, when the day came.

no shade, my guy tells me none.

pure sunlight, as much as you can give her....
That’s not always true. In hot climates, it’s common to plant a plant in the ground where they get shade for the hottest parts of the day. Some strains do well in 100% sunlight, some dont.

my guy also tells me that you need to stay away from miracle gro, especially the stuff for flowers, the veg garden stuff is at least edible,
Yes that is true. Miracle grow is designed for treating flowers. There’s is far better soil out there that is designed for growing pot plants.

Back
Top Bottom