Green Jeans Greenhouse Outdoor Adventure

Oh, trust me - some of it has no touch with reality!!!!!!
One of my grand daughters was out there a few days ago - and my shop has a definite Odour now - and she says "Grampa, your shop smells like a Zoo" I said Yeah, I've been grinding metal and it always smells funny!!! She bought it and I changed the subject!!! If the teenage ones get out there I'm pretty sure I'm busted!!!
Hey, got my 60x loup today!!!! I've been eyeballin' everything in sight!!!! Boy that little LED light is a handy riggin' !!!!

How do I take pics thru the loupe - just put the lens up to the loupe??

Exacta-mundo!

It’s a bit of a tricky task. Balance and steadiness is key! Lol

Don’t breath, don’t sneeze, no fast movements, no farting, don’t even think about laughing! And what ever you do! Don’t move!! :surf:

no farting,
If I can't fart while I'm doin' it - I ain't doin' it!!!
I actually had to laugh today - I had ordered a loupe thru Amazon and then realized the three things I ordered weren't all coming from Amazon - this was probably coming on the slow boat from China...so I ordered one from WallyWorld, well after I had pushed all the buttons I realized that it was coming from somewhere else as well....so.....$4 from amazon, no ship fees - $16 from Wallyworld that included a $2 ship fee - Well, I got the one from Wallyworld on Wed. and the other one was in the mailbox Friday - so 2 days cost me $12 but I have 2 loupes :thedoubletake:

Oh yeah - Beulah was covered in aphids - I just noticed them today as I was leaving to go out. I picked off a few of the bad looking fan leaves and sprayed a few more - I'll give her a better going over tomorrow. I think she is dropping her fan leaves now as a prep for finishing. They do that don't they???

The one plant I tried outside a few years back, was also covered in aphids. You can spray them down with ice cold water (garden hose), not to say it will “fix” the problem but it will help. It sounds like you’ve done that though. I pray you get it under control!

Dropping off an leaves? Not so much... I mean I’ve heard of leaves turning colour and or dying because the plant takes the nutrients. But.. maybe.. :hmmmm:

Oh Man - I am scrambling now - I am starting to get quite an assortment hanging to dry - ready or not - I have noticed quite a few spots of what I think is bud rot so I cut that part out and sometimes will take the whole branch off, give it a good wash in Lemon juice and baking soda and hang it to dry. I also noticed that Beulah still has quite an infestation of aphids - they have moved from the fan leaves to the sugar leaves and buds, so they got a good spray of Water n dawn soap and then a good rinse from the garden hose - I also took a branch or two that were real bad and gave them a good wash and hung to dry. Now I gotta go pick up the Grankids from the bus!!!
Hey, on the bright side I've got enough dead wood in for this winter and have started on green for next year - only 45 more loads to go!!!
So let's hope there is going to be a lot of smoke this winter.....
I need a nap!!!!

OK, so not much going on, other than draping the gals at night and being on constant vigil for bud rot and aphids. I'm still performing the odd ectomy and washing, etc... I'm getting quite a collection - each one is dated, named, reason for the "ectomy" - I want to do a "study" to see if I can notice a difference between the early harvest vs peak "30% amber" harvest.
I am still amazed at the effect that the scruff can invoke so this should be fun.... patience,Grasshopper, patience....

Oh yeah - That crazy little clone that I rooted had suddenly developed about 3 or 4 Nanas today - I took her outside and pinched them off. I'll keep her separated from the rest just to see what she does. She's flowering like crazy so...she's about 12" high.

Well, spent the morning having blood taken - let's hope for ZERO PSA!!!!
Then spent the rest of the afternoon firing up the wood furnace - that part is easy - it's priming the circulating pumps and bleeding the system of air that puts the miles on me!!! It is so finikety to get going - when that is finally going it's time to try some harvest as a reward and check the gals....2 or 3 spots of rot and and another branch that looked funny because of aphids so I now have three more hangers drying on the line - this could be a very staggered harvest!!!

Back
Top Bottom