Green Jeans Greenhouse Outdoor Adventure

You should have bought one like This one.

This is the one I have, It’s a 30x 60x loupe. With lil led lights on each magnifier. The 60x is where it’s at. The 30x gives a picture of your trichs but theres no other view like the 60x magnified.

I’m not sure if Walmart carries these, I don’t think so. :hmmmm:

9CB39190-948F-45C5-B8C2-B87A4C7D6B17.jpeg

30x ^

7BA0FD5E-491E-45A7-AB7D-A7DA2C45FB3B.jpeg

60x^

That’s a good sign indeed!

I’m glad Fred is getting fixed up! :thumb:

I’m also glad Jeff Is in the warmth. Nobody deserves to be in the cold.
Thanks, Backlipslide! Those two pictures are the first good pictures I've seen that demonstrate a mixture of amber and cloudy trichomes. Just seeing your pictures will help me down the road. Call em up and see if they'll give you a commission because I think you just sold a unit.

I spent some time this morning tying colas up - they are really starting to flop now. I'm getting everything ready for draping at nite to avoid the frost - but today cloudy and HUMID!!!
And HEY - My tractor is fixed - I'll pick it up tonite!!! Oh Joy, Oh Joy!!!

Good news! What was the problem with the tractor (out of curiosity)?

I just ordered a 60x loup with LED from Wallyworld.
The tractor had a bad switch, he said "throttle switch" - I don't even know what that is - maybe just the ON/OFF. I had checked the switch and it tested fine and also the distributor, coil and such was not placed just right. This darn thing is snugged right up behind the rad and a real pain to get on and off. I'm not blessed with automotive gifts - I don't like it!! I fiddled with the darn thing for hours - the next step was a can of gas and a hand grenade!!!
But on the weed side - I think each morning now will be getting the droopy colas tied up - I don't mind - I take it as a good sign!!

It doesn't show much in the pic but the buds are turning a grayish brown and all the stigmas except at the very top have turned brown. This is on Angie, the other three have all of a sudden been pushing white stigmas like crazy. Beulah in the greenhouse is hard to check - I need a ladder - if her colas need to be lifted I'll need helium balloons!! The forest dwellers are looking rough and I found some bud rot on the best one - I removed what I could see - they don't get enough sun and I'm sure todays extreme humidity didn't help.
angie cola 1.jpg

I found some bud rot on the best one

Damn you just can’t win eh?

That’s unfortunate!:(

Great news about the tractor!! Maybe you can start to plug away on your wood task.

Once you get your loupe, and you get a good look at that top cola. If it is showing more amber trichomes then the lower colas, you can split the harvest. Take the top colas off and leave the rest to ripen up. Just a thought :thumb:

Also when you look at trichs, don’t look at sugar leaves, as they ripen faster then the colas them selves.

Damn you just can’t win eh?

That’s unfortunate!:(
The three forest dwellers have pretty much had to fend for themselves - about the most they got was a poly tent and very few nutes. They didn't get near enough sunlight and probably could have used a bit more breeze. I did not look after them as well mainly because of the damn mosquitoes but I don't what else I would have done anyway.
I'm pretty sure that I will have plenty without them but I will not waste them.
Angie is continuing to show more and more grayish brown - I sure hope that is good - and the leaves seem to be changing colour as well, more to a purply shade.
Well, I got three loads of wood in - so I'm going for LUNCH!!

Yay purple! And way to go on the 3 loads of wood! It’s still a word sitting on a list here lol

Caterpillars are the word of the day around the greenhouse here. Argh!!

Caterpillars are the word of the day around the greenhouse here. Argh!!
Don't touch those white ones with the black stripe and 4 long antenna things - I hear people are getting allergic reactions to them.

They sure do. My kids didn’t believe me when they were younger so had to “test it out” ....allergic reaction for sure.
I have been plucking the leaf then squishing them. Eeewwww. Lots of bug guts. Stressful season.

Hope your girls are stacking up nicely!

The three forest dwellers have pretty much had to fend for themselves - about the most they got was a poly tent and very few nutes. They didn't get near enough sunlight and probably could have used a bit more breeze. I did not look after them as well mainly because of the damn mosquitoes but I don't what else I would have done anyway.
I'm pretty sure that I will have plenty without them but I will not waste them.
Angie is continuing to show more and more grayish brown - I sure hope that is good - and the leaves seem to be changing colour as well, more to a purply shade.
Well, I got three loads of wood in - so I'm going for LUNCH!!

I’m excited for picture updates!

Need to build your self a jungle gym around your plants so you can get to the higher points of the plants lol!

I’m happy your able to get some loads of wood in!! Clear sailing from here my friend!

Oh the power of the sun!!
You bet - My tractor is working, my chainsaw is working, I have energy, my back is not sore....BUT it is pouring RAIN!!!!!
I guess the only thing to do is make some more adaptations to my homemade "Steampunk" desktop vape!!!

You bet - My tractor is working, my chainsaw is working, I have energy, my back is not sore....BUT it is pouring RAIN!!!!!
I guess the only thing to do is make some more adaptations to my homemade "Steampunk" desktop vape!!!
Glad to hear things are taking shape again, greenjeans. I'd like to have me one of those Steampunk desktop vapes. That might me my favorite, of all your inventions. Well, except for the sock put-er on-er.

My adaptations didn't go as planned - I have to do a bit more thinkin" - but part of the experiment worked - I had to go sit down!!!:volcano-smiley:And that is using the scrappy, twiggy, not good fer nuffin' stuff that I cut off Angie that I was afraid was producing Nanas!!! I can hardly wait for the good stuff!!!

Went to check on the poor ol' neglected forest dwellers - Oh Man, they look rough - one was bent right over, one has got lots of what I think it bud rot and the other just looks spindly as all get out - I've strung them up to help out and will let them continue as best they can. They simply are not getting enough sunlight.
BUT........
On a brighter note - I'm almost 100% sure I am seeing amber trichs on Angie!!!! And No, I didn't try to get a picture. I am looking thru my little 21X telescope thingy which makes it tough but the colours were there!! I will check again tomorrow just for confirmation!!!
I am doing my best "Ed Grimly" imitation "I'm going mental, fer sher" You will have to imagine the dance!!
download.jpg

OK, OK, you guys need pics....
I took this branch off Angie because i think I had a bit of bud rot so I decided before it had a chance to spread why not give it a go now...
ang branch.jpg

The cigar box guitars are for scale!!! A very light trim on these buds.

Back
Top Bottom