Green Jeans Greenhouse Outdoor Adventure

Hey Fish - there is a 3" pulley on the engine - a 10' (I think) below and then the v-belt is loose but an idler pulley on a lever to tighten. That is controlled up front with another lever. Then 14 tooth - 36 tooth - 14 tooth - 36 tooth then on to the wheels - easy peazy!! But I did a lot of math!!! It goes thru normal belts pretty fast but I have a Kevlar on it now but I assume that the extra load of the wood will cause a lot of wear and tear!!

gogo gears.jpg
I figured you either had an idler pulley or a clutch like the go carts have. I am truly impressed with your skill, my friend. You weren't an engineer in your past life, were you? If not, I think you missed your calling. The math alone would have kept me from attempting to build a cart like yours.

@greenjeans
Your journal has been a blast to follow along!

Thank you for being such a great member to this community!

Love the gogobus! Unfortunate you lost a tire though!!

I can hear it now, while you were reaming out the holes, your singing, “making it work, takes a little longer!”

Hope you’re faring ok through this fall weather!
Any colours on your girls yet with the cooler nights?

Hey Kanda and all - So far so good - I'm not seeing much "colour" but Angie's colas seem to be fattening and tightening and the stigmas are all turning brown - I don't think the trichs have started turning cloudy yet. We are getting down to the 6 - 7 degree range at night now so....nervous times!!! I will post a pic of angies cola soon.

Good to hear all is well. Looking forward to the picture show.
A couple 6’s overnight for me but the next couple of weeks look great.

Look at all of that sugar. Beautiful, Mr. greenjeans.
Looking amazing!! Getting closer to the finish line.
Yes..BUT HOW CLOSE?????? I'm freakin' out Man!!!!
And today my tractor goes to a mechanic of sorts - I can't take this stress - I'm old and feeble!!! C'mon Man!!! :thedoubletake:

Yes..BUT HOW CLOSE?????? I'm freakin' out Man!!!!
And today my tractor goes to a mechanic of sorts - I can't take this stress - I'm old and feeble!!! C'mon Man!!! :thedoubletake:
I wish that I had that answer, brother. I'm greener than you are. I've read many times that the best way to tell when to harvest is when you have like 30% amber trichomes (+/- for personal preference) on the buds. When I get a little closer, I'm going to buy one of those online little handheld microscope / loupe thingys, to help me determine that. How good of a look can you get using your telescope lenses?

Sending good vibes to your tractor...:headbanger:

Today I am getting things in place so that I can drape the four gals that remain outside - I moved the one that had a nice big cola into the greenhouse so she (Jeff - from Mutt n Jeff) can snuggle up to Beulah.
I'm thinking that if I tarp them on the nights that seem frosty I can push them a bit further down the road!!

Love the gogobus! Unfortunate you lost a tire though!!
Ya know - that GoGoBus works so well I'm kickin' around the idea of building something a bit more robust that is actually more of a wood carrier. Larger wheels, heavier frame that can handle a decent load and put the weight on the wheels. If I could figure out a good way to add "Reverse" - It would be GOLDEN!! My main deal is "If I build it - I can fix it" My only drawback is....both me and the wood furnace, an outdoor water filled unit, are aging and I'm not sure how much longer either of us can handle this. I hate to think this way, but trying to be realistic.

One thing I am noticing is that the branches are starting to twist under the weight - sure glad my wife isn't this high of maintenance!!! :laughtwo:
I have the branches tied up for placement and keep them down from the roof now I have to tie the colas up!! Does this madness ever end????!!!! Or does it all go up in SMOKE???

What actually happens from here?? Do the buds just get bigger and more sugar leaves and everything just "tighten up"?
Do the trichs get bigger or form more?

Your plants are finishing the cycle of flower. The final weeks till harvest they put on weight (fatter buds) and work on turning those trichomes from clear, to cloudy, to amber.

I reckon a week or two longer. Hard to give you a definitive answer though, as I’m only going off that one photo. I still see white pistils, which means she’s still flowering. When those white pistils go away, give it a week or so (give or take).

The top colas may be further along from the bottom colas. Hard to tell off of just a description of said plants.

I'm freakin' out Man!!

:passitleft: Here! Puff on this!

I'm going to buy one of those online little handheld microscope / loupe thingys

I recommend getting your self one! @greenjeans

Even though I remember you saying you found some old microscope lenses or what ever that was.

But I suggest getting one, and having some practice at looking at your trichomes.

942D3D5F-4CA8-4EEA-B2B4-DF5540AD2B1A.jpeg

Ya know - that GoGoBus works so well I'm kickin' around the idea of building something a bit more robust that is actually more of a wood carrier. Larger wheels, heavier frame that can handle a decent load and put the weight on the wheels. If I could figure out a good way to add "Reverse" - It would be GOLDEN!! My main deal is "If I build it - I can fix it" My only drawback is....both me and the wood furnace, an outdoor water filled unit, are aging and I'm not sure how much longer either of us can handle this. I hate to think this way, but trying to be realistic.

That sounds like a great idea! I wish I could swing by and help you build it.

You know what they say, active brain, active heart, equals a healthy life style. We all have an expiry date, we never truly know when that date is, live everyday like it’s your last. You want to start a project. You start and finish said project. You never know when your health declines to leave you unable to do said project. You have a lot of heart in you, and you don’t quit. You will outlive me man! And I’m only 30!

sure glad my wife isn't this high of maintenance!!! :laughtwo:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Even though I remember you saying you found some old microscope lenses or what ever that was.
Yeah - the end of a telescope - it's real awkward to use - I have ordered one of the 30X loup thing - it's probably on the slow boat from China - I may see if I can get one online at Wallyworld.

as I’m only going off that one photo. I still see white pistils
I notice that on Angie most of the stigmas/pistils are turning brown with the only white ones at the very top and that the buds seem to be turning a grey sort of shade - I'm hoping that is a sign of optimism!!!!!
Now, if the guy up the road can get Fred the Ford running I'll be a happy gardener!!!!
Holy Crap!!! Raining like crazy AGAIN !!! Hope the poly holds up!!!! Jeff will be glad she got moved to the greenhouse, snuggly warm and dry.

Yeah - the end of a telescope - it's real awkward to use - I have ordered one of the 30X loup thing - it's probably on the slow boat from China - I may see if I can get one online at Wallyworld.

You should have bought one like This one.

This is the one I have, It’s a 30x 60x loupe. With lil led lights on each magnifier. The 60x is where it’s at. The 30x gives a picture of your trichs but theres no other view like the 60x magnified.

I’m not sure if Walmart carries these, I don’t think so. :hmmmm:

9CB39190-948F-45C5-B8C2-B87A4C7D6B17.jpeg

30x ^

7BA0FD5E-491E-45A7-AB7D-A7DA2C45FB3B.jpeg

60x^

I notice that on Angie most of the stigmas/pistils are turning brown with the only white ones at the very top and that the buds seem to be turning a grey sort of shade - I'm hoping that is a sign of optimism!!!!!
Now, if the guy up the road can get Fred the Ford running I'll be a happy gardener!!!!
Holy Crap!!! Raining like crazy AGAIN !!! Hope the poly holds up!!!! Jeff will be glad she got moved to the greenhouse, snuggly warm and dry.
That’s a good sign indeed!

I’m glad Fred is getting fixed up! :thumb:

I’m also glad Jeff Is in the warmth. Nobody deserves to be in the cold.

Walmart has one you can order to come to the store, 15.99 I believe. 30x and 60x with lights.
I’m just checking options out too. Amazon also has some nice little units.

Back
Top Bottom