Greenie's Aero Bubblegum First Grow 2011

Greenie, your plants look great and are huge! :thumb:
You realize they will double or triple in size once you switch to 12/12, right? :)

Damn...I didn't know that. Greenie we better expand out our rooms and I better get into the 12x12 mode real quick like.

I have fans. And I am just keeping them tied over. Not a big fan of the butchering of the girls. But hey, we'll see how it goes in a week, and then maybe I'll stop yanking her pretty leaves. Sounds so brutal ... lol :)
And Greenleaf, oh yeah, they are gonna explode! woooohooooo
Can't expand the room. That's why I only put 4 in the bucket... Going to change things up next grow tho, and not veg as long. They started as seeds. So cute.

Hey Greenie! I havent been by in a while.

I think your plants are looking good! We told ya that clone was going to get big. And my goodness i cant believe you just switched to 12/12! Its going to get real thick in there. Its a good thing you got that 1000w hps; that should really help on keeping humidity down, but i would still look into a few hygrometers to be safe. Mold and bud rot are not fun problems and a big thick jungle of buds sends out a golden invitation for that. This will be one lesson you will learn after the stretch: flipto 12/12 early! But with that 1000w lamp i would expect a great yield.

Just make sure to keep those ladies at a distance or theyll burn!

I only had the three plants. I didn't want to flip early. I might regret that? But hey, it's a first grow. :) I now have four, including the Tangerine Dream Mom gave me. I'll post some photos when the girls are done sleeping. I have to get a dehumidifier now. I don't want the moisture to be an issue. Thanks for all the good thoughts and suggestions. Much appreciated!
The light hasn't been an issue. And now, with the girls tied over to the sides... not even close to getting them scorched :)

Peace to all. :peace:

Congrats...passes a cigar.
Whats with the 36 hours?

Read it an old High Times Magazine! LOL :) Kinda cool that all the girls showed up as girls when they saw the light! :) No guessing!

I don't get it..girls are going to show up as girls..no? and where do the boys go?
need more input..lol

GreenLeaf. I have read , in these forums, that people do not see the "girls" for a very long time. I'm just stating that I saw the girls immediately. There are NO boys in my room. I'm not sure that they would have showed themselves as quickly or not.
As for the 36 hours, It was stated that to give the plants such a long black out would no doubt show them it was time to make the change. Worked for me. :)

ok...now I understand. thanks for the explanation.

Here are the girlies. It's one week into flower. No close ups today. I moved the light yesterday, and the girls grew about 4 inches! WOW :) The photo doesn't really show how full and big they are. Trust me, they are bushes! :)

DSC_000730.JPG

lookin good...

Hey all. Plants are growing like WEEDS! The temps are so perfect, the water too, that it's almost... PERFECT!
Just a note, I put my girls in a 36 hour dark period just to try it out, hell, WHY NOT? ALL I know, is when I turned the lights back on, the girls all showed their GIRLIE parts! And they are on the third week of 12/12. They are growing fast and I'm thinking about adding more side lighting. These Bubblegum girlies are supposed to be a 8-9 week flower cycle (according to the seed producer) We shall see on that one. I have not removed any leaves. I want to see how they do on their own... the WILD SIDE seems like a plan for now.
I'll add some photos in a few days.
Happy Growing to all and good luck!

Winter grows are best. Good to see you're having optimal condition for your room! Interesting you're using the 36hrs of darkness to induce flowering. Everything looks good. Have you thought about white balance your camera for rich green colors from your plants? It's easy. Switch the white balance to tungsten before taking pics under HPS light.

Back
Top Bottom