Greetings fellow Canna Lovers

sqrtal

420 Member
Howdy, I'm sqrtal. I discovered this place as I was researching in preparation for future cultivation endeavors. I browsed for a few days and saw a lot of love being shared so I figured I reckon I introduce myself.

I met Mary Jane in college around 2010 and our relationship is continuing to evolve. Before then my southern American worldview had me being a hater. Thank God she is given to us and she is faithful, enduring and fulfilling cause she was there with open arms when I received her, right on.

Fast forward to 2023 and i'm just a lover. I was a flower only guy up until about 2020 then I learned about concentrates and started to dabble with edibles. Started making my own butter last year which was pretty fulfilling. Now I want to get to know more about the cultivation side.

Thank you all for establishing and maintaining this community so that a fellow traveler would have a bridge to cross over.

Cheers.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @sqrtal

Are you currently growing anything?
What type of growing are you interested in?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

@Tokin Roll Not currently growing. Doing my research into the environment I will setup.

I have decided to start with autos when I get my first tent or two. I am really curious about spacing. I thought I'd be able to do 4 autos in a 3x3 but I keep getting a lot of mixed reviews. Leaning towards a shorter 4x4 to see how the 4 autos do and get a 3x3. Idea is to let the 4x4 run the autos and use the 3x3 to veg 2 photos. Later when the autos finish in the 4x4, move the photos over, and start maybe 2 autos in the 3x3 and try to get some perpetual stuff going.

All theoretical at this point because I'm not sure a 4x4 will fit in the space I am in alone so having a 3x3 with it might be too ambitious. I've been moving furniture around trying to space it out though.

As far as strains, I have to grow my favorite Alaskan Thunderfuck. From 2012-2014 or so that's all I really smoked from a local grower. Gotta get me some Skunk and Cheese too. Would love to grow some GDP too. Too many variations throughout the years. But desired to grow all the faves.

Howdy, I'm sqrtal. I discovered this place as I was researching in preparation for future cultivation endeavors. I browsed for a few days and saw a lot of love being shared so I figured I reckon I introduce myself.

I met Mary Jane in college around 2010 and our relationship is continuing to evolve. Before then my southern American worldview had me being a hater. Thank God she is given to us and she is faithful, enduring and fulfilling cause she was there with open arms when I received her, right on.

Fast forward to 2023 and i'm just a lover. I was a flower only guy up until about 2020 then I learned about concentrates and started to dabble with edibles. Started making my own butter last year which was pretty fulfilling. Now I want to get to know more about the cultivation side.

Thank you all for establishing and maintaining this community so that a fellow traveler would have a bridge to cross over.

Cheers.
How does your garden grow?

I have decided to start with autos when I get my first tent or two.

welcome to the life. :welcome:

i'm gonna flat out tell you to never start with autos as a first time grower. there are zero advantages, and you don't learn about the plant proper.

you will learn more and achieve far greater success with a fem photo. if you do run in to new grower issues, we can coach you through it. photos will buy you time to fix things. autos won't wait, and even small issues can prove fatal to a new grower.

welcome to the life. :welcome:

i'm gonna flat out tell you to never start with autos as a first time grower. there are zero advantages, and you don't learn about the plant proper.

you will learn more and achieve far greater success with a fem photo. if you do run in to new grower issues, we can coach you through it. photos will buy you time to fix things. autos won't wait, and even small issues can prove fatal to a new grower.
This I think is good advice. I've thought that starting with 4 plants or more might be a bit. I've also seen some auto flowers while I've researched that weren't desirable.

Shifting towards growing photos I think will help me with to slow down. I'm at pure ideas at this point with all possibilities. More of the strains I desire are available via photo fems too.

A little confident since I grew the best jalapenos I ever tasted from my balcony last outdoor season. Think I just need to slow my roll though shifting to an indoor space. Thanks.

This I think is good advice. I've thought that starting with 4 plants or more might be a bit. I've also seen some auto flowers while I've researched that weren't desirable.

Shifting towards growing photos I think will help me with to slow down. I'm at pure ideas at this point with all possibilities. More of the strains I desire are available via photo fems too.

A little confident since I grew the best jalapenos I ever tasted from my balcony last outdoor season. Think I just need to slow my roll though shifting to an indoor space. Thanks.

you're gonna get there. if you can grow peppers on the balcony, you'll have the talent to tackle an indoor. don't be shy and ask many many questions as you grow.

for a new grower i always recommend starting with proven forgiving media like hp promix, or sunshine #4, and a good set of nutes. couple it with decent lighting and good photo genetics for a solid start.

shoot for a 4x4 tent if you can swing the space, you'll probably add a second tent in the future for veg and seedling. there are loads of turn-key solutions out there, and our sponsors have one-step set ups. we can help guide you through them.

@sqrtal welcome to the club. Good luck with those auto's, I'm the world's worst for growing those flowers, I'll just stay with the photo's.
Stay safe and prosper.

Back
Top Bottom