Grooster's 1st Grow (top-drip, bato-bucket hydro) AK47 Clones

I run 600W HPS for 12hrs through grow and veg, but put in a 125W CFL which i run for 3hrs before HPS and 3hrs after HPS. When flower time comes i just take out the 125W. This way i use 12hrs of 600W and 6hrs of 125W in veg and 12hrs of 600W in flower. Saves me 6hrs of 475W which is $$$$ and gives the plants both down time and also partial light.

I run 600W HPS for 12hrs through grow and veg, but put in a 125W CFL which i run for 3hrs before HPS and 3hrs after HPS. When flower time comes i just take out the 125W. This way i use 12hrs of 600W and 6hrs of 125W in veg and 12hrs of 600W in flower. Saves me 6hrs of 475W which is $$$$ and gives the plants both down time and also partial light.

I love your idea of simulating morning and evening lighting conditions on your grow... Your plants must love you for that... reps ++ for a really good idea...

Grooster it's time for some pics.... were Jonesing here to see your little girls....

Actually, I don't think its the ratio of light to dark. They just need 12 hours uninterrupted dark to know that its flowering time. So the idea is you give them 12 hrs dark, then only what they need for light. Or in veg, you know they want lots of light, but only however much dark they need to keep up with the light.

Anyways - there are people who do it. The hard part is getting timers that can do it. I think it yields less, but obviously if you're running an 18-20 hr day you're getting 20-25% faster harvests.

I had thought about it in relation to the controller, since I see a very slight droop of the plants by the end of the day, and a very slight perking up before the lights come on - I fugured maybe someday I'd try shaving an hour or two here or there.

24*7 = 168 hrs in a week
8 nights = 21 hrs per day = 9hr/12hr
9 nights = 18.667 hrs per day = 6.67 6hr 40min day/12hr
10 nights = 16.8 hrs per day = 4.8 4hr 48min day/12hr

think you could speed up autos with 8 on 4 off twice a day? haha.

You guys make my noggin hurt lol. I get the math but I think I would lose my place somewhere along the way in tracking the 'days'. I guess for me, it will always be better/easier to keep to 24hrs. Unless there were evidence showing mondo improvements with other strats I see no reason to alter the natural cycle.

Jamahl thats a cool strategy :goodjob:

I love your idea of simulating morning and evening lighting conditions on your grow... Your plants must love you for that... reps ++ for a really good idea...

Yea very interesting. Dawn and dusk cycles probably do play an important role in a plant's life cycle. I know they do fine in indoor conditions where light is either supplied or its not but there is just a intuitive rightness about having its intensity vary like it would in the natural world.

Grooster it's time for some pics.... were Jonesing here to see your little girls....

Ye Grooster show us your ladies! :yummy: Don't be holding out on us! :Rasta:

True guys True...I will post some tomorrow because that is the official end of the gals' first week of 12/12 (minus 30hrs of dark). They gals are very bushy now and the tops are starting to stretch a wee bit which I take as a good sign. I have about 30 tops which are more or less equal height and should do well. I have been mostly just tucking fans at this point trying to SCRoG without a screen I guess. I think they are looking great. Can't wait to share em wit ya but they are sleeping now. I'll get some pics first thing.

L8ER

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_37_001.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_37_002.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_37_003.jpg

Thanks for looking and commenting!

L8ER

nice & healthy

+rep

yeah grooster hows the plants doin?

and indoors 24/7 is the simplest and best way during veg although i put mine on 20/4 just 2 givm a little break

Good tip! +Rep for that one.

:peace:

nice & healthy +rep

Sup Drojo!? Thanks brother your always lookin out.

Everything is looking great bro!!!:ganjamon:
:peace:

Thanks MH! Keeping my fingers crossed it all continues to go well.

yeah grooster hows the plants doin?

and indoors 24/7 is the simplest and best way during veg although i put mine on 20/4 just 2 givm a little break

Sup SS?? Gals are doing well. They have just finished their first week of 12/12 under HPS. I gave em 30hrs of dark first and changed out the nutes. Quite a lot of change for the plants but they are loving it now. They are even bushier and several inches taller than last week.

Nice looking crop for sure.

Thanks Screwnuts!!.

Heres a photo update...

This is just to give some scale...This is one of my tops. I have about 30 of them. Some will be secondary but I think 24 will be mains. Have to wait and see...

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_42_001.jpg

Heres a closeup of one of the tops. A white hair is poking out!
My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_42_002.jpg

My new 6" duct and inline fan. There will be a carbon filter attached here soon...
My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_42_003.jpg

Group shots and some hairy bush!
My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_42_004.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_42_005.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_42_006.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_42_007.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_42_008.jpg

So as I was saying the girls just finished week 1 of 12/12. They have had less than perfect atomospheric conditions as I adjust them inside the tent. The temps stay great but the humidity builds up fast. Gonna cycle my new fan for 10 min every half hour to reduce the moisture. Thats about it the gals are looking good. The tops are stretching a wee bit towards the light. Might need to create some vertical space soon. I should have just enough!

Thanks again all for checking out my grow! I couldn't do it without 420mag!

L8ER

P.S. Tried to post this last night but the site was down. Better late than never hehe.

They are really starting to grow up and get ready to put on some bud!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

:peace: +rep when I can.

yeah bro your plants look great !!!!!

lookin better each time i Look:smokin:

Thanks peeps! I can't wait to see some more hairs begin to poke out. I think I got my humidity controlled as well now. Should be good 2 go barring any stupid sh!t on my part. Good Fun!! And if I wasn't legal the man would try to put me in jail for this???!!! WTF?

Oh here are a couple shots of my medical equipment...

My_Utensils_001.jpg

My_Utensils_002.jpg

My_Utensils_003.jpg

L8ER

Very, very nice. Those are some beautiful plants you have their. Great job and the bud in the bag does not look to shabby either..

Back
Top Bottom