Grow soil for Gelato auto, outdoor

yanni420

what do you recommend for outdoor gelato,first grow I years,need good soil tips,please,cheaper the better but don't want to sacrafice potency

Hey I feel ya on the cost thing....can get expensive quick .. are you going to be putting them in the ground or in pots out side? Fox farms soil is decent and fairly cheap if used for pots. Also comes in a few different types so you can choose what's best for you.

well I'm debating that too,what do u think will be the best,I'm gonna start them in something smaller,but gonna eventually transplant into some 5gallon,potting containers in case I have to move them,I always wanted to try roxkwool,and heard another that's in between called coco is also really good,what the best and guaranteed to work well?

Well "guaranteed to work well" isn't really a thing unfortunately.... Each medium will require certain methods and feed/watering schedules....

In my opinion soil is best for outside....in ground or pot... But since you are starting them in small pots I would just get the bigger 5gallons you mentioned and up-pot...imo it'll be your best option*** plus if in pots if your expecting company or a storm you can move them for safety***.... Coco/rock wool do grow some awesome plants but they need specific feed schedules and must maintain a constant moisture to oxygen level which would be hard outside...

Hi @yanni420 and welcome to the forum! I am currently growing a Gelato cross from a Northern Cali source... these are monster plants... biggest, most vigorous cannabis plants I have grown yet, with huge leaves. (in my case photoperiod, not auto.)

I'm growing in my custom soil mix in 15 gal smart pots. I feel like they want to be in 40 gal pots and grow 15 ft tall! My soil mix: compost soil, volcanic cinder (mostly black cinder), coco coir, perlite, fresh worm compost from our worm bins, organic nutrients from the company, Down to Earth... bat guano (N), seabird guano (P), dolomite lime, oyster shell powder, greensand, gypsum, potassium sulfate. I also use Mycos root booster "in the hole" when I transplant into a larger pot.

gelato_cross1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom