Growin' Gorilla Globally

I am a bit outspoken. I was critical towards GG on IG for complaining about folks using their name...when they themselves were taken to court for using the copyright name of Gorilla Glue. Just pointed out the hippocracy of it all. They got my point, I agreed with them, but still.

I didn’t even bother to voice my disgust with companies trying to copyright strains at all. That’s capitalist bullshit and greed that made this plant illegal in the first place. Pisses me off. You can’t copyright what is naturally already there. GTFO with that. Please folks, don’t go there, you don’t get to take a pheno of an existing breed and call it your own. IMHO it will ruin the industry over time just like any other greedy venture.

That rant over, there aren’t many strains out there that disappoint, a good grower can make good weed from almost any genetics. As long as the genetics were half decent to begin with.

I don’t need the latest fire. It all has potential.

Cheers m8. I can puff to that! Some of the best strains I've smoked are strains at which I have no clue of the origin(I have like 100 bagseed or something along those lines). I say that even over strains like Sunset Sherbert, GG, and all the other high-thc hypebeast strains here in Cali. So yeah, definitely, the pheno/genetics are a very good indicator of the quality of bud, but the true quality is at the mercy of the grower.

Aaaannnnddddd..... the newest addition:
@MaddHacker will be joining the fun...

Whoot whoot!
:high-five:

....Thanks for the invite... I will be growing mine outdoors I am pretty sure... Might as well as most others seem to be growing inside... My climate is quite a bit more tolerable than the one in Tx, and alot of others on here... If I get it in the ground by the end of the weekend, I should be able to put it outdoors Second week of June ish... I have the perfect spot for her, she will get max Sunlight all day long... That happens to be about 16 hours for now.... If she looks like she lackluster, I will move her back into the second room under my 200 watt Timber cob light for the remainder of her time at 24/7...
....Really looking forward to this one, as I love the GG strain... I am kinda warming to the Auto idea, was really turned off by a seriously lackluster performance about 7 years ago.... My friend gave me a bunch of seeds, he was moving outta country... Seems he didnt feel the need to tell me they were Autos till about a month in... I told him I thought I was seeing some budding, but I thought I was crazy.. He said " naw they autos thought i told ya...." Figures, but the harvest was like 30 grams per plant outdoors.... Pitiful.... I cant remember what they were, but many have said that recently Autos have advanced quite a bit... I am no expert, but I am advanced enough... Hoping for a Beautiful Plant, and a good conversational thread as we all compare, relate, and learn... Green days all...

You could move to Shreveport, you could do some Gambling too... LMAO... DONT miss those temps bro... Feel ya on that... I was in the LONGVIEW area... 45 mins east of Dallas...
I work out in it too... lol
I'm not the "inside a house" type of plumber... We do the stuff for new homes, mainly before it is built (we finish them out after they build the structure) but I'm sure my skin will look like an old catcher's mitt by the end of the summer

Is this where I parked my car???

I'm gonna call my plant little miss sunshine cause that's the movie it came in. :surf:

Welcome @MaddHacker.....were getting kinda the same weather here in Southern Ontario. Definitely well over 100 F. This is the first Auto I have grown since my very first grow. I had plants that were Auto that were actually pheno's in my auto package.... Talk about screwing a guy up on his very first grow LOL.

Looking forward to my gift......like a kid on Christmas morning. Thanks Preston!

afternoon guys, so some of you know I'm looking to do first batch of los soil next month ( 600lt ) in prep for spring/summer. But also with this gorilla grow and and the vault grows I'm royally cucumbered up the pooper in regards to soil I'm going to use.... 3 options.

1.Coco - cost of nutrients ( 3 x1lt bottles cost more than the 200lt peat moss bale ).
2. Hempy bucket - same as above/nutrients.
3. What I'm using.

So I'm not crazy bout Laurel and Hardys growth as mentioned yesterday, so remembered a conversation with another South African member I had last year on 420sa site regarding his soil and he told me he purchases LOS soil from a guy in Capetown ( total opposite side of the country ) who has a hydro/soil shop and he makes his own soil.

So I called him up and spoke to him for awhile about his soil and what he uses and the ingredients and it's so similiar to my recipe that I wanted to purchase 50kg bag to try out but the cost of getting it to me is twice the price of the bag. Then Jaimie asked if I can get my hands on organic compost and ewc which I can he proceeded to happily tell me bout his Orgasoilux Living Earth Base Mix which I won't lie made me squeal as I'd had an edible earlier so I was very excitable.....:rofl: So anyways Jaimie was pissing himself laughing, I was hee hawing like a donkey with laughter ( you know what I mean...:laugh:) so he explained abit about but said I must shoot him an email with any more questions...

So I'm going to crack open the bacon bank and buy this base mix and actually get some practical knowledge and a better understanding of what's happening in there and and finally also test out what I've learnt in theory....

So here's what I spoke about this morning...

This post friendly base mix is a dry mix of all the Orgasoilux ingredients without the compost to make the package lighter for postage.

It requires you soak and rinse the 5kg cocopeat brick, add 45% compost to the mix, which in this case will be 90L and mix all the ingrediants. Giving you 200L of Living Earth.

Compost is readily available from most nurseries or can even be used from your home compost pile. We suggest using any high quality compost.

Orgasoilux Base Mix is a premium organic artisan hand crafted living soil base mix.

It has been designed for heavy feeding annuals such as maize, potatoes, tomatoes and brassicas.

The mix of cocopeat, perlite and earthworm compost/castings gives an excellent soil texture which drains perfectly while still holding the correct amount of water.

The castings, raw nutrients and minerals mixed into the soil will provide enough food for the plant and soil microbes for 3 – 6 months depending on the plant.

Orgasoilux has also been designed to be reused, by simply adding a top dressing of minerals and nutrients.

To enhance and unlock the full potential of Orgasoilux it is recommended that a beneficial root fungi – mycorrhizal fungi be used when transplanting (note this is not needed for the brassica family due to a different microbial community in their rhizosphere).

Mulch is also highly recommended as it performs various beneficial functions on the soil from insulation and pest deterrent to providing a slow release of nutrients.

Contents:
Cocopeat, Perlite, Earthworm castings/compost, Alfalfa/Lucerne meal, Basalt rock dust, Soft rock phosphate, Seabird guano, Calcitic lime, Dolomitic Lime, Kelp meal and Diatomaceous Earth.
COCOPEAT
  • 100% organic multi-purpose growing medium.
  • Production does not harm the environment.
  • Excellent substrate for root development
  • Holds high air capacity even when completely saturated.
  • Ideal growing medium because of its water holding capacity and air filled porosity.
  • Best alternative to traditional peat moss.
  • With time develops a high buffer capacity that will enable the plants to overcome a short time deficiency of fertilizers and water.
PERLITE
  • Improves aeration and drainage.
  • Insulates.
  • Stimulates root and vigorous growth.
  • Disease, weed and insect free.
  • Neutral PH
  • Allows nutrients and moisture to be readily available.
EARTHWORM COMPOST / VERMICOMPOST
  • Contains natural highly beneficial soil microbes, bacteria and enzymes.
  • Improves soil texture
  • Provides water soluble nutrients
  • Excellent soil conditioner
ALFALFA/LUCERNE MEAL
  • A slow releasing natural fertilizer
  • Contains a natural growth hormone – Triacontanol, which stimulates root development
BIOCHAR
  • Increased number of beneficial soil microbes especially mycorrhizae
  • Increased water retention
  • Increased cation-exchange capacity resulting in improved soil fertility
  • Moderating of soil acidity
  • Reduced leaching of nutrients
CRUSHED MALTED BARLEY
  • Abundant source of enzymes
  • Great sugar source for microbes
  • High in amino acids
  • Various nutrients
  • Good source of silicon
ZEOLITE
  • Increased cation-exchange capacity
  • Improves the efficiency and value of fertiliser
  • Improves water infiltration and retention
  • Improves yield
  • Retains nutrients for use by plants
  • Improves long term soil quality
  • Reduces loss of nutrients in soil
GROWKASHI
  • Similar to bokashi but with added fish meal
  • Used to inoculate with EM (Effective microbes)
  • Great inoculation and nutritional product in one
BASALT ROCK DUST
  • Rock dust containing 72 minerals and trace elements
  • Stimulates soil micro-organism activity
  • Contributes to building of humus complexes
  • Increases yields
  • Buffers PH levels
SOFT ROCK PHOSPHATE
  • Slow releasing organic fertilizer
DIATOMACEOUS EARTH
  • Naturally occurring silica sediment.
  • Used for its natural insect repelling properties
KELP MEAL
  • Retains water and fertiliser and then feeds it back to the plant/soil as the soil dries out
  • Contains auxins and cytokinins
  • Slowly releases nutrients beneficial to plant growth
SEABIRD GUANO
  • Natural slow releasing fertilizer, with nutrients and trace elements
GYPSUM
  • Natural raw source of sulfur and calcium
DOLOMITE LIME
  • Natural soil buffer
  • Natural raw source of magnesium and calcium
CALCITIC LIME
  • Natural raw calcium source . So hopefully thanks to all of you guys who have helped each and every step of the way and who must corrective coach me along the way still as now the fun begins I say cheers, honestly maby cause I'm medicated and feeling itsy bitsy paranoid that I come over as a bit too overbearing as that describes best what I'm feeling now and days gone by when I chat to all of you. I know it's not like that but everyone I follow no matter the style or method of growing has always had 1 common denominator, whether you grew inside or out....? It was your guys commitment past and present to getting the most you could by learning about organics and now you share it with lil ol smeegs...........honored and humbled to know you guys n gals doesn't come close to how honored I feel to have been let into a bit of your lives.... hmm my nephew was right saying I'm n old softie...:love::thanks:

Hey, gorilla buds, I can get in on this! I can order some GG autos, probably have them in 10 days. That seems in sync with everyone? It will be fun to see how different they all come out. I’ll order from gyo, they have GG from Fast Buds.
Heck yeah! More the merrier...

:ganjamon:

Heck yeah! More the merrier...

:ganjamon:

All right, count me in! I made the order, so I should have 3xGG Auto before summer solstice.
:high-five:

I wonder how I should grow them, so many fun choices.
My plan, using on some other autos now,
. start the seeds in a peat ready rooter
. then into four or five inch pot, soil, in tent under leds until well-rooted rooted.
when the fourth node appears, top once
When rooted, transplant into 5 gal fabric pots, soil, and put outside under the big gray sky

I am thinking about breeding some seeds from these, so that will take some extra doing. I can get some advice from @Smeegol at others. I was thinking of inducing pollen with one GG and fertilizing another. Probably need another tent, or small isolated area. And maybe I should clone one off to pollinate, and delay germination of another. I need to look into it.

Back
Top Bottom