Growing A Legend: An Auto Tribute To Jack Herer

Ok, just got confirmation that Jesse will be joining the American line up for the grow. Thanks for the quick response Jesse. I added all your info to my spread sheet to track our teams results.

Ive been going a few days soak then rooter, its just something i learned and never broke the habit.

Ok, because CKS emphasizes not to soak for more than 12h, so I had to ask out of curiosity. May be worth trying.

1030 sun up about 5 sun down.

6½ hours daylight. I'd commit suicide with days that short. It's cold down here and we just got over a storm, but the sun today had me in a wicked good mood. That's a treat for me in the winter with seasonal depression and all.

Ok, because CKS emphasizes not to soak for more than 12h, so I had to ask out of curiosity. May be worth trying.

I have found that I generally start soaking in a water and H2O2 mix (4 to 1 water to H2O2 ratio). I soak in there to kill anything potentially damaging on the shell of the seed.....and I usually soak for about an hour and then I move the seed into just plain water and soak overnight (usually throw them in the water around 10pm and they have sunk by the time I get up in the morning). Once its sunk, I move to either direct in soil planting or the paper towel method. I am (knocks on wood) still batting 1000 with this method.

What I find to be key is really just leaving the fucking seed alone and let nature do its thing. I don't peek 10 times through out the process. I drop it and wait. Generally people that i hear having a lot of issues in germination, can be traced back to 2 things......cleanliness (touching everything with un-sterile hands) and impatience (maybe i can help things along). If you stay clean, use good water and the right light to start seedlings under, and you are patient.....the seeds will do what they have been doing since the beginning of time......GROW.

I have found that I generally start soaking in a water and H2O2 mix (4 to 1 water to H2O2 ratio). I soak in there to kill anything potentially damaging on the shell of the seed.....and I usually soak for about an hour and then I move the seed into just plain water and soak overnight (usually throw them in the water around 10pm and they have sunk by the time I get up in the morning). Once its sunk, I move to either direct in soil planting or the paper towel method. I am (knocks on wood) still batting 1000 with this method.

What I find to be key is really just leaving the fucking seed alone and let nature do its thing. I don't peek 10 times through out the process. I drop it and wait. Generally people that i hear having a lot of issues in germination, can be traced back to 2 things......cleanliness (touching everything with un-sterile hands) and impatience (maybe i can help things along). If you stay clean, use good water and the right light to start seedlings under, and you are patient.....the seeds will do what they have been doing since the beginning of time......GROW.

Maybe I should try a soak. For a few months there I was getting 100% germination by dry planting and then it dropped right off for some reason.

I rough seeds up in a matchbox with sandpaper inside, then drop them in a bowl of distilled water I keep in the dark on the warming mat (in the winter anyway). If it hasn't sunk after 12 hours I tap it and that usually sends it to the bottom. When it splits (after about 24 hours) it goes tap down into the peat puck (with the bottom cut open so as not to interfere with the tap root when the mesh gets removed. The peat puck goes under a CFL for light and warmth, and as soon as the leaves surface it goes into the pot (final pot if it's an auto) in the sun.

What round thing do you mean the net pot? or the Hydroton clay pebbles? Thanks

Must be the Hydroton clay pebbles , squizme i been out of the inside grow a long time !! Just looked funky and i wanted to know . Thanks ,Yea i an't growing but are in the American States , SOOO i will be watching you guy and learning all i can for when the time gets Right for me . Only outside for now!! :420:

Must be the Hydroton clay pebbles , squizme i been out of the inside grow a long time !! Just looked funky and i wanted to know . Thanks ,Yea i an't growing but are in the American States , SOOO i will be watching you guy and learning all i can for when the time gets Right for me . Only outside for now!!

I'll be growing mine outside so that part should look more familiar...soil & sun :)

Ok, so I just emailed out the spreadsheet to all the american growers.... Illizm, InTheShed, TheFertilizer, 425Jesse, TheMadDabber, CS, Vex (I will see you over dinner)....your spreadsheet should be there when it gets there. I figure that we should be able to get this grow under way within a week or so baring anyone needing us to hold off for anything.

Get your soil and coco or whatever else it is you grow in all prepped and ready to go Team USA! Things are about to get interesting up in dis mu'fucka!

Maybe I should try a soak. For a few months there I was getting 100% germination by dry planting and then it dropped right off for some reason.

Hey Guy and Fly... our competition is sharing how they get everything started... Don't be giving out any Canadian secrets or hints!

So... friends from the south... what kind of light and time are you thinking is the best for auto's?? Nutes? ...

Hey Guy and Fly... our competition is sharing how they get everything started... Don’t be giving out any Canadian secrets or hints!
So... friends from the south... what kind of light and time are you thinking is the best for auto’s?? Nutes? ...

Oh, I feed mine exclusively Miracle Grow for Acid Loving Plants from germination to harvest. And autos love 8/16. Too much light will kill them. Works for me every time :).

You?

Back
Top Bottom