Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Business as usual here I see beautiful, symmetrical plants- if there was an award for consistency you would nab it Farside!

Quick question, I am 3 weeks into bloom, I jumped back to my GH nutrients(just 3 part base plus calmag) so I can finish them off and I'm thinking about adding some silica since I keep hearing about how good it is. Any reason your faux silica recipe can't be added to my res? And at what dosage per gal?

Business as usual here I see beautiful, symmetrical plants- if there was an award for consistency you would nab it Farside!

Quick question, I am 3 weeks into bloom, I jumped back to my GH nutrients(just 3 part base plus calmag) so I can finish them off and I'm thinking about adding some silica since I keep hearing about how good it is. Any reason your faux silica recipe can't be added to my res? And at what dosage per gal?
Thanks DeeCee

Faux-Tekt (my Silica recipe) will work the same as any of the other name brands. In hydro it does have a tendency to drive pH up quite a bit though, and many that have tried Silica using that growing method have reported that it's tough to keep pH balanced if you use more than 1ml per gallon. In soil-less you can get away with 5ml per gallon. So I wouldn't recommend higher than 1ml per gallon if you're doing full on hydro. Also remember to add it 1st, then the nutes 2nd. If you add silica after the nutes, silica can fall out of suspension, then it's just a waste of product.

Because your autos are always so small. :laugh:

It's a wonder they get as large as they do considering how tightly I pack them in.

Veg girl update...

Finally got my lazy ass to the store for binder clips and pipe cleaners. Let the bowl training begin. Thinned out all the girls and tied them down. Went heaviest on the front right Gelato, taking more big fans. I've always wanted to go that extreme but have feared doing so. My lighter method has served me well on Autos, so I've stuck with it on photos too. I feared stripping Autos this much risking stunting them. Since these are photos, I can just veg them back to where I want it before flipping. I think it will work out in the long run. If so, I'll probably be mad I didn't do the other 3 that way. If it doesn't, then it's only 1 plant wasted.

Before...

After...

You went to town on the front right haha nice man the before and after is hilarious, I'm the same also come in like a bad ass and then get soft when your snipping/bending

You went to town on the front right haha nice man the before and after is hilarious, I'm the same also come in like a bad ass and then get soft when your snipping/bending

A day and a half later and I'm already liking how that front right responded. When I get home after my shift, plus 4 hours of mandatory overtime, I think I'm gonna go ahead and go heavier on the other 3 and readjust and add a few more times.

I keep checking trichs on the big girls to see when I should harvest. Not yet.

Got spared the 4 hours of mandatory overtime, so I got home earlier. Took the last few big fans off the other 3 plants and adjusted ties. They all got fed 2gal each (6g Mega Crop per gal strength).

Mrs Farside has been wanting a Red Room ever since 50 Shades of Gray came out. Little did she know, we already have one. It's extremely well lit, and I torture other ladies in it. Check out the bondage.

Mrs F would probably need something a bit more secure unless she's not much of a fighter :).

Nice work on the ties and congrats on getting out of the mandatory OT!

Mrs F weighs more than a few pounds, so different materials are used. She may squirm a bit, but likes it too much to attempt escape. At least I don't break out the flogger on the plants.

The mandatory is coming. Just kicked the can further down the road. I'll get it now on my 7 day work week next week instead. Glutton for punishment.

Looking good farside! Judging from the pic you would never know you what they looked like a couple of days ago.
Mrs Farside has been wanting a Red Room ever since 50 Shades of Gray came out. Little did she know, we already have one. It's extremely well lit, and I torture other ladies in it. Check out the bondage.
420 mag is the last place I would expect to see a 50 shades of Gray reference lol.

A day and a half later and I'm already liking how that front right responded. When I get home after my shift, plus 4 hours of mandatory overtime, I think I'm gonna go ahead and go heavier on the other 3 and readjust and add a few more times.

I keep checking trichs on the big girls to see when I should harvest. Not yet.

I usually end up doing a small trim before flipping, a medium trim after 3 weeks of flower to give the smaller guys a chance to get up there and then a solid trim 6 or so weeks in to get rid of whatever wasn’t strong enough to make it and most of the big fans so the buds have lots of light to ripen and finish.

I usually end up doing a small trim before flipping, a medium trim after 3 weeks of flower to give the smaller guys a chance to get up there and then a solid trim 6 or so weeks in to get rid of whatever wasn’t strong enough to make it and most of the big fans so the buds have lots of light to ripen and finish.

My normal routine would be similar.

Or the smaller ones are! Salt test will tell the tale...

Somewhere, in some bazillion post thread, I recall someone outlining that procedure...lol

One capful of salt to the brim, then fill with distilled water to make a slurry without any spillage. Stick them in a closed container at room temperature for at least 12 hours, and the accurate ones will read 75%. Mark them on top with whatever they read so you'll know how far off they are.
full

Back
Top Bottom