Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Frosting up nicely!

Build your own nutes? Only if you can do it on company time :).
I still worry about the bud size. They seem smaller although plentiful. I'm hoping for a big swell. I keep telling myself they're just gonna run longer than some of the other strains Ive grown recently. It seemed like they took longer to set bud.

Damn @MrSauga . He got me good with that nute program. I should have been sleeping this afternoon but instead I was playing with it for several hours. After all of that, I came to the same conclusion as before. It's just not cost effective for me to build my own fertilizer. Most of the components come in 5 lb bags which would be enough for over 1100 gallons of fertilizer, and that's for the highest use component. The others I'd still have a lot left over. Maybe in a commercial environment it would be feasible, but not for my 32"x32" tent. You can still use the program to calculate blends of existing products, but I kind of have that in a simplified version on my spreadsheet.

Please oh please let MegaCrop work for my entire Candida grow! Plus 12.5 gallons of Terpinator...

There's really not a reason I see on why it shouldn't. Although I have lots of Terpinator, I don't think I'll use it with the Mega. Mega already has a load of K in it, and if I'm going to add any more K it will be in the form of Silica (Mega only has .17% Silica on its own). Using both Silica and Terpinator I fear will just be too much K and will potentially cause Calcium lockout.

But 12.5 gallons! :eek:

I'm a lowly piker. I only have 2.5. Need to up my contest game. Frankly from the label, it looks like Terpinator is nothing more than Potassium Sulfate. You can make your own way cheaper than they charge. That's if and when you ever run out.

Damn @MrSauga . He got me good with that nute program.
:oops:

I played a bit with it as well, added MC as it's own substance, and when I piped in 5g in 20L it put out a bunch of PPM numbers for each item I added from the MC list. If anything it was good to see how much PPM was being used by each.

I'm a lowly piker. I only have 2.5. Need to up my contest game. Frankly from the label, it looks like Terpinator is nothing more than Potassium Sulfate. You can make your own way cheaper than they charge. That's if and when you ever run out.

Just so I have it right. How would you make it?

Just so I have it right. How would you make it?

I'd buy a 5lb bag of Potassium Sulfate for $17.99. To reach the 4% solution that Terpinator is, dissolve 300 grams into 1 gallon of hot RO or distilled water. There's enough Potassium Sulfate in the bag to make 7.5 gallons of solution. Cost $2.40 a gallon. Hell of a lot cheaper than the $65 a gallon they want for Terpinator.

pot.jpg

Day 60

Came home this AM and the wife had closed the door to the back bedroom because of the smell. Opened the bedroom door to find she had closed the closet door too. Walked in the closet and my glasses fogged over. 79 degrees and 86% humidity! I have the fan and filter just working as a scrubber because of low outdoor temps. Things are supposed to be warmer this week so maybe I'll vent to outside again to cut down on the odor. It should appease her and keep her from creating a rain forest in the grow closet.

On the plus side, I think the buds are swelling more. GSCs are frostier than the GGs.

My new bag of Mega Crop should arrive later today so I can try my new dilution ratio to turn it into a liquid.

This AM starts a 5 day off stretch so I'm celebrating with some sour lime gummies. I'd call it a wake and bake, but I've been up since 9PM Sunday.

Here goes nothing. I diluted 113.4g of Mega Crop in 1 qt of water (see post 250 on page 13). We'll see if the calcium falls out of suspension again at the lower dilution rate.

7 hours in. I can say I'm seeing light sediment on the bottom. Will the sediment turn into full blown chunks, or will it be something that can just be shaken and put back into suspension? Stay tuned.

Spent the day cleaning the back bedroom/office. The tent resides in the closet in that room. Cleaned out the attic storage and put things that should have been in storage away. Even put up the new ceiling fan that's been sitting in a box for 2 years. Now I have an official "Weed Cave". Chilling with some tunes and an alcoholic beverage. The wife is a little upset because she's always claimed that room. It was her office when she was working from home. I said it's kinda like a dog marking a tree. I cleaned it so I've claimed it. She's unimpressed.

Back
Top Bottom