Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Killer !!!!
Thanks!
Nice trim!

N.A.A. is stunning! :drool:
Thanks!

The best part of her is the smell. There's not an ounce of weed smell to her. I could shut off the carbon filter and not offend anyone. You'd probably think that I had sprayed some kind of fruit scented Glade in the house. Super fruity, unlike any Northern I've grown. Hell, the wife actually likes the smell of it. She probably won't be saying the same of the Chem that's starting to flower. Not so much a fuel smell, more like a Cheese funk. Love Cheese and love the smell of some Sour D in the tent. If that continues, I'll be a happy grower. Her, not so much.

Just unzipped the big tent to show the son this mornings labors. I swear the Blue Dreams have already put on another inch of stretch. Just stop! Damn girls, give a guy a break. I just hope they fill in that internodal space with bud.

Had to recreate the wheel a little and scour the memory banks. History goes something like this:

1st grow 9/2015. Used Dyna Gro Foliage Pro and Pro Tekt. Under lit and under fed. Shit results.

2nd grow 12/2015. More lights, same nutes still not feeding enough. Getting better but still not much to write home about.

3rd grow 3/16. Starting to figure shit out. Getting closer on this feed thing.

4th grow 5/2016. Getting a good handle on the Foliage Pro and Pro Tekt feed regiment. Best crop to date.

5th grow 8/2016 Comparison grow of Foliage Pro only vs using Bloom Nutes. There wasn't a difference in the outcome but I favored using the Bloom Nutes for one reason...At the time I thought I needed to pH my nutrient solution before adding it to my soil-less mix. The Bloom formula came out at the right range without having to adjust with pH down. Now that I know that I dont have to pH my nutes for soil-less, why fuss with extra products when bloom nutes DID NOT produce a superior plant.

6th grow (the one @InTheShed quoted) 4/2017. Using the full Dyna Gro product line (like I did in grow 5 above) to feed plants.

7th grow 12/2017. Turned the tent over to the son and modified the feed. Instead of using Foliage Pro, Bloom, Pro Tekt and Mag Pro, we dropped out the Bloom component. It probably would have been the best crop to date but a cold winter and no supplemental heat in the grow space hurt yield in the end.

8th grow 3/2018. 1st attempt at a real low P grow using Orchidgain orchid food (a close copy of MSU fertilizer. Worked ok. Poor genetic autos and lighting were limiting factors.

9th grow 6/2018. A return to my roots with Foliage Pro and Pro Tekt. New light was a game changer. Great grow.

10th grow 10/2018. Tried coco. You can keep that s##t! Frequent waterings and having to adjust pH isn't for me. I did manage a POTM for the Purple Kush though.

The remaining grows are all in this journal. This journal has had: a switch to Mega Crop for several grows (earning POTM #2), moth balling my pH pen, adding a second tent, a grow with Jack's 15-5-20 for more Ammoniacal Nitrogen to try to stabilize the pH of my soil-less mixes when using higher alkalinity tap water, a second attempt at real low P via MSU fertilizer, and the development of FN Nutes®.
Did you happen to record your “Prime” feed ratios when you were using DP?

Any tips?
I’ve decided to give their line a shot. Foliage Pro, Pro Tekt, Xyme, and CalMag is what I plan to get.

If you’re saying no Bloom is needed, I’ll save the money.

@AdaminCO

Dyna didn't make a Cal-Mag product. There's was Mag Pro which was really P heavy and no Ca. I was sourcing my Cal-Mag from Greenway Biotech. I fed according to the age of the plant. It went like this:

Day 1-5
1ml Pro Tekt, 1ml Foliage Pro, 1ml Cal Mag

Day 6-10
2ml Pro Tekt, 2ml Foliage Pro, 2ml Cal Mag

Day 7-15
3ml Pro Tekt, 3ml Foliage Pro, 3ml Cal Mag

Day 16-20
4ml Pro Tekt, 4ml Foliage Pro, 4ml Cal Mag

Day 21-25
5ml Pro Tekt, 5ml Foliage Pro, 5ml Cal Mag

Day 26 to finish
5ml Pro Tekt, 6ml Foliage Pro, 5ml Cal Mag

That was my soil-less schedule. In true hydro or coco there could be issues with using over 1ml per gallon of Pro Tekt. It takes a bunch of pH down then to get pH back in line since it's very alkaline.

You could also see the link in my signature on how to make your own Pro Tekt (aka Faux Tekt). Same thing only a cheaper way to do it.

That second plant is out of control. Well done sir!

That second plant is out of control. Well done sir!
She came up 1 vote short last month but I entered her a bit prematurely. Her colas have filled out a lot since then. I'll probably resubmit her.

@AdaminCO

Dyna didn't make a Cal-Mag product. There's was Mag Pro which was really P heavy and no Ca. I was sourcing my Cal-Mag from Greenway Biotech. I fed according to the age of the plant. It went like this:

Day 1-5
1ml Pro Tekt, 1ml Foliage Pro, 1ml Cal Mag

Day 6-10
2ml Pro Tekt, 2ml Foliage Pro, 2ml Cal Mag

Day 7-15
3ml Pro Tekt, 3ml Foliage Pro, 3ml Cal Mag

Day 16-20
4ml Pro Tekt, 4ml Foliage Pro, 4ml Cal Mag

Day 21-25
5ml Pro Tekt, 5ml Foliage Pro, 5ml Cal Mag

Day 26 to finish
5ml Pro Tekt, 6ml Foliage Pro, 5ml Cal Mag

That was my soil-less schedule. In true hydro or coco there could be issues with using over 1ml per gallon of Pro Tekt. It takes a bunch of pH down then to get pH back in line since it's very alkaline.

You could also see the link in my signature on how to make your own Pro Tekt (aka Faux Tekt). Same thing only a cheaper way to do it.
Did you ever run it with soil? Their number are a lot higher.
1641098092831.png

She came up 1 vote short last month but I entered her a bit prematurely. Her colas have filled out a lot since then. I'll probably resubmit her.
She’s a beast!

Did you ever run it with soil? Their number are a lot higher.
1641098092831.png

I've always grow in a peat based soil-less mix. The same schedule should probably be fine for soil since the feed rates are so low at the start. By the time it ramps up your plant will have likely used a lot of the organic nutes in the soil.

My schedule is similar to theirs only a lot less P. We both top out at 5ml Pro Tekt. I use 6ml Foliage Pro at adulthood, they use 5ml. They use some Bloom, on top of the 5ml which gets to about the same point N wise, just a lot more P. I just use that extra 1ml of Foliage Pro. I replace the Mag Pro with Cal Mag for more Calcium.

The stretch mode is on :cool:

Had an experiment with negative/equal DIF and feels like it had a positive, wanted effect.
Actual side branches/colas didn’t stretch much, but the lateral new shoots (buds) did. Which looks a bit wierd now when some of the shoots are longer than the branch itself.

The stretch mode is on :cool:

Do you know where the switch for that is? I want to turn it OFF! Not too much more headroom with the light unless I reconfigure the exhaust fan.

@AdaminCO how many plants are you gonna run this time and when's the start date?
Just 2.
They’re probably at two weeks now. I’ve gotten lazy on the day counting. Lol!
They just got their second nute feed yesterday..
First feed was lite since I had just uppotted into the soil. I top dressed with Great White myca, fed 1 Quart .50g MC V3, and 5mL URB between the two.
Second was a half gallon- 1.25g MC V3, 1mL Botanicare Silica Blast, 1mL Botanicare CalMag between the two.
The next feed they’ll get a full blown feed. Gallonish each I’d imagine, and at 2:winkyface:2.

22D215DA-44A6-4FEF-87C4-24D90643D818.jpeg

Photo updates:

The NAA is foxtaily but buds are slowly firming.

The Dreams and Chems have slowed their stretch but still crept up a bit more. Interesting smell in the tent. Smells a bit like beer, a tad yeasty.

If @MrSauga can have his top down SaugaView™, I thought I could have a bottom up TentChickenView™. It's what the Tent Chicken sees overhead.

Back
Top Bottom