Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Jus wondering what is the app ur using an is it for android? Jus wondering cause im using the s10 phone an thought it was supposed to have a super good camera but the edges of my pics always go blurry so was thinking about getting a gud app. Then if tht dnt work eventually jus go an get a nice digital camera. I havnt wanted to enter any of the contests lately cause my camera jus doesnt do them justice. Plus i wana actually have a chance at winning lol.
I am using a app called light meter for Android. So far the numbers Farside has thrown out there for vegging and flower have been working with this app. However, I am on vacation and away from the plants so I left my son in charge of things. He has Apple phone and a different app with different lux numbers for what it's worth.

Hey farside,
I've been playing with some numbers trying to add some more K and Ca to my plants. I use the v1 of MC and my question is this.
You mentioned a ratio of N to S from an article of 15:1, and with v2 that gives you about a 4.7:1 ratio (9%N, 1.9%S if I recall), three times the required amount. Do you see any harm in having a 1:1 ratio of N-S?

I run N:S 1:1 in mid bloom for months now, though my mid bloom N level is low compared to most other regimens.

I am using a app called light meter for Android. So far the numbers Farside has thrown out there for vegging and flower have been working with this app. However, I am on vacation and away from the plants so I left my son in charge of things. He has Apple phone and a different app with different lux numbers for what it's worth.

Hmm i got the s10 for android ill have to check it out it wud b kool to see what i get for lux numbers.

So on a different note i got some of this alaskan fish fertilizer its omri organic 5-1-1 an i was wondering if it will work with dyna-gro nutes?

Hmm i got the s10 for android ill have to check it out it wud b kool to see what i get for lux numbers.

So on a different note i got some of this alaskan fish fertilizer its omri organic 5-1-1 an i was wondering if it will work with dyna-gro nutes?

I guess I'm missing the point of using it with DynaGro. If your goal is organic, then the Dyna is not organic. If organic is not the goal, then why supplement the Dyna with this? It's primarily Nitrogen so you'd have to scale back the amount of Dyna you're feeding so you don't have N toxicity. But then since Dyna is a one part formula, you'd also be cutting down on all your micronutrients too.

Day 80, 40 from flip

I've been horrible keeping up on the journal lately. Last Friday I got some bamboo stakes for the girls because they were falling all over. Staked them up and fed them. Other than that, I water every 3 days, 2 gallons each, with 6mg Mega Crop, 5ml Pro-Tekt, 5ml Cal Mag.

Day 80, 40 from flip

I've been horrible keeping up on the journal lately. Last Friday I got some bamboo stakes for the girls because they were falling all over. Staked them up and fed them. Other than that, I water every 3 days, 2 gallons each, with 6mg Mega Crop, 5ml Pro-Tekt, 5ml Cal Mag.

Things look great!! Stop being so lazy kind sir so we can glean more wisdom from you.

I have finally got some 2.5 kg and 500g Mega Crop coming to me and with the exception of the silicon, I will be copying your soiless and feeding regime soon and will be asking all kinds of rookie stupid questions.

Many frosty Harvests friends.

Things look great!! Stop being so lazy kind sir so we can glean more wisdom from you.

I have finally got some 2.5 kg and 500g Mega Crop coming to me and with the exception of the silicon, I will be copying your soiless and feeding regime soon and will be asking all kinds of rookie stupid questions.

Many frosty Harvests friends.

If you follow my journal you'll notice a trend. I start a grow and I'm very interested in it. I do daily updates and I'm on the site a ton. A couple weeks into Bloom, things are on autopilot, and I'm bored with it. I just want it done and out of my tent so I can move onto something new. This is generally why I grow autos. A bit quicker turnaround time shortens my "boredom period". I finally log in today and I've got 9 days worth of posts to read on all my subscribed threads. When I get behind I always leave @InTheShed thread till last since it takes me to get longest to catch up on.

Cool journal and great growing on your part. The no bloom title caught my eye. When I started growing indoors I studied a ton as I got set up and found way to much info lol. Which isn't always a good thing. Being a golf course superintendent I have a solid aim on nutrients and chems. So from all I read as I got started I was kinda confused as to which major (chem) line do I chose??. Paid to much money for like 6 bottles of whatever and after that first grow with the painful flushing and all that crap my weed was horrible. A few people liked it but I could taste that junk I put in them it wasn't easy to tell but I could. So I went out and read some old school books and talked to a few old growers and put together a new plan. Alaska fish poops for veg the Neptune fish poops and molasses for bloom with small shots of cal mag when needed. Just do my normal water only near the end which is not a flush I just don't add any of my mix cause its pointless the plant isn't taking in anything at that point. Sorry for the rant lol I just really like finding others who grow without the fancy blooms or candys or monster something. Great job on your grows and journal I'm in for watching the rest. Thanks

Cool journal and great growing on your part. The no bloom title caught my eye. When I started growing indoors I studied a ton as I got set up and found way to much info lol. Which isn't always a good thing. Being a golf course superintendent I have a solid aim on nutrients and chems. So from all I read as I got started I was kinda confused as to which major (chem) line do I chose??. Paid to much money for like 6 bottles of whatever and after that first grow with the painful flushing and all that crap my weed was horrible. A few people liked it but I could taste that junk I put in them it wasn't easy to tell but I could. So I went out and read some old school books and talked to a few old growers and put together a new plan. Alaska fish poops for veg the Neptune fish poops and molasses for bloom with small shots of cal mag when needed. Just do my normal water only near the end which is not a flush I just don't add any of my mix cause its pointless the plant isn't taking in anything at that point. Sorry for the rant lol I just really like finding others who grow without the fancy blooms or candys or monster something. Great job on your grows and journal I'm in for watching the rest. Thanks

There certainly is a lot of information out there, some contradictory to other, and some that seems more based in witchcraft rather than science. The longer you are at it, the more you filter through and make your own "truth". My method doesn't follow many of the normal conventions but seems to work for me (and some others that have tried it). My good friend @smokers420 uses soil and fish emulsions much like you describe. He's been growing that way for years. He may be a good source of advice if you need any for that method.

Ok thanks I'm hooked on the fish and molasses makes for some tasty nugs

Ok thanks I'm hooked on the fish and molasses makes for some tasty nugs

I use Neptune's Fish Hydrolysate for a foliar every 10 days. My plants LOVE this.

1/2 Gal RO
3ml Neptune's
3ml molasses
a tiny bit of yucca
0.3 grams gypsum
1/8 TSP of fulvic/humic acids
1/8 TSP of Amino Acids

I may go with your feeding numbers for my winter photos. I'm thinking some of the floppiness and susceptibility to PM and rot might have been related to the low Si numbers in the MC. And I've still got nearly full bottles of both cal-mag and silica.

It's whether I can be bothered to go back to mixing nutes again really...
When I get behind I always leave @InTheShed thread till last since it takes me to get longest to catch up on.
LOL! I do the same thing with Professor Flora :). Not much happening on the growing front at my house now, so it's mostly just great banter!

I guess I'm missing the point of using it with DynaGro. If your goal is organic, then the Dyna is not organic. If organic is not the goal, then why supplement the Dyna with this? It's primarily Nitrogen so you'd have to scale back the amount of Dyna you're feeding so you don't have N toxicity. But then since Dyna is a one part formula, you'd also be cutting down on all your micronutrients too.

I mainly got it for my outdoor garden so i wudnt have to use all my dyna-gro nutes tht i use for my indoor 420 plants. But then it jus had me wondering if it wud help things inside lol idk jus thinking outloud an u were the first person i thought if to ask lol. But yea thanx for the info.

I mainly got it for my outdoor garden so i wudnt have to use all my dyna-gro nutes tht i use for my indoor 420 plants. But then it jus had me wondering if it wud help things inside lol idk jus thinking outloud an u were the first person i thought if to ask lol. But yea thanx for the info.

I've used my Mega Crop on a yellowed-out Impatient hanging basket outside and brought it from the brink of starvation back to thriving. I also gave our Tomato plant a couple tastes of it too. I'm glad we only have one tomato plant or I'd worry that they'd assemble an army and take over the back yard.

So, Im pretty sure the answer to this is every other watering, but Ill ask it anyways.

In a soil medium, Mega Crop every water or every other water? And Im just talking straight Mega Crop here. No Calmag or Silicon.

So, Im pretty sure the answer to this is every other watering, but Ill ask it anyways.

In a soil medium, Mega Crop every water or every other water? And Im just talking straight Mega Crop here. No Calmag or Silicon.
Personally I use the MC every feed in FFOF right up until harvest. It hasn't shown me any signs that I had to do a straight water feed.

Personally I use the MC every feed in FFOF right up until harvest. It hasn't shown me any signs that I had to do a straight water feed.
Do we agree potting soil is dirt medium?

Back
Top Bottom