Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

I've been slowly reading your thread over the last couple days, and it's absolutely outstanding. Thank you for sharing everything you have.

I have been going back and forth between different growing mediums and was lost in the ever expanding sea of nutes. And I think I'm set on this "style"(?) of growing.

I just placed my order for the free sample Mega Crop to get ready for my second grow.

All of your girls have been gorgeous. Best of luck to you and your upcoming harvest.

I've been slowly reading your thread over the last couple days, and it's absolutely outstanding. Thank you for sharing everything you have.

I have been going back and forth between different growing mediums and was lost in the ever expanding sea of nutes. And I think I'm set on this "style"(?) of growing.

I just placed my order for the free sample Mega Crop to get ready for my second grow.

All of your girls have been gorgeous. Best of luck to you and your upcoming harvest.

Welcome TinyBuds. Hope you've found some of this journal useful. I'd like to think this is the easiest, most cost effective, low maintenance, style of growing. At least that's what I'm shooting for. Over the last couple grows it seems like I do less and less. For such a simple method, it does produce excellent results. You might have to change your screen name though, or maybe it just becomes ironic.

Day 87, 47 of Bloom

Feed and wait, feed and wait....

My birthday was last week and the son bought me a Vivosun Bowl Trimmer. Looking forward to trying it out in a couple weeks to see if it cuts down on trim time.

Feed and wait sounds lovely to me. Feed, roll/pack and wait

Welcome TinyBuds. Hope you've found some of this journal useful. I'd like to think this is the easiest, most cost effective, low maintenance, style of growing. At least that's what I'm shooting for. Over the last couple grows it seems like I do less and less. For such a simple method, it does produce excellent results. You might have to change your screen name though, or maybe it just becomes ironic.

Day 87, 47 of Bloom

Feed and wait, feed and wait....

My birthday was last week and the son bought me a Vivosun Bowl Trimmer. Looking forward to trying it out in a couple weeks to see if it cuts down on trim time.

Man those girls are lookn chunky bro congrats. I think im guna look an see if i cant get some items to try an make my own batch of faux mix and then try out that megacrop. Since im still needing some girls going inbetween each round of highbrix girls. I decided to get the auto breeding program underway once again. So that way i can jus run autos inbetween each round to keep my jars always full. Im starting off with making some stardawg and smoothie seeds and ill be recieving in the mail shortly some Rhino Ryder an Zkittles autos as well all these are from fast buds. And so far the autos ive had from them are pretty gud. I plan to run the Rhino Ryder and Zkittles with docs kit once the soil is done cooking then ill be throwing the other seeds since i got a 3 pack of each towards making more seeds so i dont lose those strains lol.

@BeezLuiz has one of those bowl trimmers and gave it a thumbs up
Coincidence that I just made a video of it yesterday. It got a good workout on my just-completed harvest. As soon as I figure out how to upload it to Youtube, I'll post it in my journal. :)

Welcome! I plan on keeping this thread an ongoing journal of my grows. In the past I've made a separate journal for every grow and left buts of pieces of information all over the site. Since there isn't a blog feature anymore, I thought I'd make a journal where I can store all my favorite articles, pod casts, videos, etc.. I'll probably clutter up the first page or two with a lot of links and such so I can refer back to them. Lets get started. For my first grow of this journal I'll be growing Girl Scout Cookies and Gorilla Glue, both autos from FastBuds. As the title suggests, I do not use traditional Bloom nutes. I use Dyna Gro Foliage Pro and a Silica supplement from start to finish and adjust the ratios slightly as flowering kicks in. My growing medium will be standard Pro Mix BX with mycorrhizae. Lighting is courtesy of a DIY 300 watt LED strip build, 3500k spectrum. Ventilation is a 6" fan and carbon filter and 2 clip on fans to keep things moving inside the tent. Tent dimensions are 32"x32"x63".

Tent & Light

Fan & Filter

Exhaust. Currently since its cold here, thefan and filter are in scrubber mode scrubber. When it gets warmer, I have a piece or drywall I replace the attic door with. I have a 6" whole cut in it that I vent out of the closet.

I use the closets shelves to hang drying bud and store supplies.

I decorated the inside of the tent door with some stickers I got as part of a prize pack from The Vault.

I'll call today Day 1. All the seeds sprouted in Jiffy plugs and I transplanted them into 5 gallon pots. Normally I'd fill the pots a bit more but I was a hair short on Pro Mix and didn't feel like buying a whole new bale for just a tad bit more per pot.

The higher amounts of "P" than "K" in early/middle flower and then higher "P" than "K" amounts in middle/later flower ----- for no bloom boosters growing ---------

Coincidence that I just made a video of it yesterday. It got a good workout on my just-completed harvest. As soon as I figure out how to upload it to Youtube, I'll post it in my journal. :)

Is the trimmer worth it ?? heard good/bad things about them ????? wanting to get one but ????

Is the trimmer worth it ?? heard good/bad things about them ????? wanting to get one but ????
For me, it's definitely worth it. My plants tend to get rather large so at harvest time I'm usually looking at trimming a pound or more of bud. Certainly not as goods as a hand trim, but a huge time saver for me.
I made a video of it my journal. Here's a link to that post HERE. (I hope you don't mind Farside). :Namaste:

Nice to see things looking so good still this far into flowering, Farside. I may bite the bullet and order up some mega crop. I have been chasing deficiencies yet again and am getting sick of it :(
A horribly lazy question since I could search it out but- what are you using for added sulfur?

A horribly lazy question since I could search it out but- what are you using for added sulfur?
Normally I'd wait for farside to respond, but since he hasn't had time to get here for a while, I think that he's fine with the sulfur content of the MC. This is why he decided against Terpinator and went with ProTekt. That adds silica (which he wants more of than MC provides) along with the K rather than the sulfur Terp provides.

Oh my mistake, thanks for the reply. I meant silica I guess. Not sulfur. It was something that Skybound mentioned - that he added high levels of ....uhhh..... silica... So that’s cool - I have lots of silica.

:lot-o-toke:

FWIW, I'm now running Megacrop's numbers, but made from my own salts. Previously, I ran my Silica at 25ppm. Farside runs his up over 50ppm, but I think he's in peat moss. I am in rockwool. When I switched to MC, I tried with only 20ppm of silica and holy shit did my PH spike high and hard. I had to add 1ml/Gal of PH down which is 3 times what I usually needed to to get to 5.8. I only learned that lesson once as the rest of my reservoirs I completely ditched adding more than MC's 1ppm of Si. In doing that, I find that after mixing to MC's targets with CalMag, my PH gets right to 5.9 on it's own which is very cool. I suspect the same will happen when mixing MC @ 5grams/Gal and CalMag at 5ml/Gal.

Shed, do you or Farside correct your PH, or do you just go with what it is?

Back
Top Bottom