Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Healthy looking plants bro. This was a few Afghan Skunk Auto's i did @ 26 day's old.. Your nailing it :high-five:

AS_2.jpeg

Nice! I'll pull up a chair here :slide: I have autos the same age in MC and I'm interested to see how you make out. You're doing a great job judging by the size of them already! I'm only feeding 2.5g / gallon and thinking I'll bump up to 3.5 when I mix up a new batch tonight.

Nice! I'll pull up a chair here :slide: I have autos the same age in MC and I'm interested to see how you make out. You're doing a great job judging by the size of them already! I'm only feeding 2.5g / gallon and thinking I'll bump up to 3.5 when I mix up a new batch tonight.

Looks like the journal in your sig ran its course. If you start a new one for your current grow, tag me and I'll follow along.

What I've found is that not all autos are created equal. Fastbuds sure does seem to have auto genetics down. The Purple Lemonades (right side) have it going on. Their seeds aren't cheap, but at least in their case, you get what you pay for. A couple more bucks a seed is nothing when you yield a couple more ounces from each plant.

Looks like the journal in your sig ran its course. If you start a new one for your current grow, tag me and I'll follow along.

What I've found is that not all autos are created equal. Fastbuds sure does seem to have auto genetics down. The Purple Lemonades (right side) have it going on. Their seeds aren't cheap, but at least in their case, you get what you pay for. A couple more bucks a seed is nothing when you yield a couple more ounces from each plant.

I hear you. I jumped on the mephisto hype train. They're not supposed to be huge yielders, but are supposed to make up for it in the frost dept.

I'll get another journal going here shortly. I still need to do a smoke report and wrap my last one up. It's hard to find the time with a 2 y/o running around.

Day 23

All but the cabbage, back left, got a big drink today. Gave each a gallon of plain tap water followed by two gallons of 5g Mega Crop, 5ml Cal-Mag, and 5ml Faux-Tekt ®. Three gallons total each. That got me good runoff to rinse out any nute build-up since I hadn't watered to the point of run-off so far. That should hold them for a while. About the time they're ready for their next drink I'll clean up the bottoms some.

I sense a POTM in the making again. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm liking the looks of the front right Purple Lemonade. She's got good size so far, a good structure, and if she continues and colors up the way she's advertised, she should at least be worthy of entering.

Your plants look amazing! I wish I knew what I was doing wrong with my megacrop grow. I may try your three gallon trick with their next feedings. Mine are growing well, but they sure don't have that beautiful verdant color that yours have.

Your plants look amazing! I wish I knew what I was doing wrong with my megacrop grow. I may try your three gallon trick with their next feedings. Mine are growing well, but they sure don't have that beautiful verdant color that yours have.

Are they too light, or too dark of a green? Too light, increase MC. Too dark, decrease MC. (Increase or decrease by half a gram per gallon.)

The MC site leans on this a bit (which should be done regardless of nutrient brand) to remind us that too dark or light of a green color is an indication of nitrogen being used in the plant. Too dark, and it's too much. Too light, it's not enough and your leaves could progress towards yellowing.

I just want to point out that you were the first one I ever heard of suggesting bloom nutes were a waste. A lot of people were stunned, that's rediculous.

Megacrop is a one mix formula start to finish nutrient that everyone is going nuts for...

+1 for farside. These plants are beauties.

That cabbage fucker is gonna give your training skills a run. I had one like that, I ended up giving it away after snapping a bunch of branches!
87EF0E1B-9F05-4460-B3E8-37494C022E9D.jpeg

Are they too light, or too dark of a green? Too light, increase MC. Too dark, decrease MC. (Increase or decrease by half a gram per gallon.)

The MC site leans on this a bit (which should be done regardless of nutrient brand) to remind us that too dark or light of a green color is an indication of nitrogen being used in the plant. Too dark, and it's too much. Too light, it's not enough and your leaves could progress towards yellowing.

Definitely too light and I'm increasing MC progressively since the color change was noted. Unfortunately some signs in the plant looked at one point to look like over fert and I was advised to cut back. I did and saw things degrade quickly so I've been increasing since and am going to jump to 6g/gal a bit ahead of typical schedule, but the plants clearly need the bump.

Day 26

I've been kind of an absentee gardener this week. Had some money earmarked for summer vacation sitting in the dresser drawer. Since the wife quit her job on 2/14, and vacation probably isn't going to happen now, I decided to invest some of it in the stock market. Been using forum time to research. While everything else is getting hammered, I got in on a biotech stock working on the Corona Virus vaccine (symbol INO). Only wish I would have had more money to play with since its been on a rocket ride. I'm up over 70% in 3 days. Anyway, on with the plants.

Other than feeding, I hadn't really done anything to them. This AM I cleaned up the bottoms and adjusted ties. I'm close to wall to wall now. As I was working on the front left Strawberry Cheesecake I was thinking how nice of a plant she is becoming. She had two top fans that were showing a touch of Calcium deficiency a day after her last feed, which was bumped from 4g MC to 5g. Rather than panic, I let it ride. The increase must have taken a couple days to really work because there has been no progression in the deficiency. The back right Purple Lemonade is the equal to the front left Cheesecake. Nice girl. When I got to the front right Purple I'm thinking, "Wow, those other two are nice, but this girl is amazing." I normally pick one as my favorite, and usually by the end of the grow another plant outshines it. The other girls got their work cut out for them since this may be the nicest thing I've ever grown at this stage. I finally worked on the cabbage, thinning her and attempting to train her out of the ball that she was. She's significantly shorter. I haven't put anything under her riser to equal the canopy in hopes that it will make her stretch a bit more being farther from the light. While the other 3 are working on preflowers, cabbage girl is farther behind in maturity. There's still hope. The 3 bigger girls will need a drink later today. Cabbage is on a different schedule from the rest since she's drinking slower. They look a bit rough with all the tie adjustments, but I'm sure that will rebound fast. It normally does. He's a group pic. You can barely see Tent Chicken working his magic in the bottom center of the frame. Off to catch up on a page and a half of subscribed threads I'm behind on since I've been dicking with stocks. Have a great Saturday!

Day 26.....The Baron just shakes his head and goes back to the labratory.

Kinda ironic really. I'm doing all the things I used to preach against to my clients back when I was a Financial Advisor (is stock selection vs broad portfolio of mutual funds, market timing, short term vs long term strategy, etc.). I got my next stock on hold till I think its about hit bottom. Hotels and travel services have been getting battered with Corona Virus fears. There should be some value to pick up there. That's my longer term strategy. Meanwhile I ride this bubble. I keep telling the wife I'm gonna buy hotels on Boardwalk and Park Place. It irritates her. Says it makes it sound like I'm just playing with our money.

Day 27

This was what the tent looked like this AM.

Back right had some taller branches sticking up. Thought I'd readjust her ties. Upon investigation I found I attached the pipe cleaner to the branch, but never attached it to the binder clips. Oops! Rectified the problem. Here is the after.

Since back left isn't really viewable in the other shots. This is what the cabbage Strawberry Cheesecake looks like after yesterday's training. She's not quite a ball anymore.

Back
Top Bottom