GSC LED Redux Cr8grow #8

Day 136, 17.5 weeks from sprout…weighed all and jarred down with Boveda’s on the 4th of July. 15 days chop, dry and burp. Yields: 8♦️Green Crack 24 grams, 8♥️ Girl Scout Cookies 48 grams, 8♠️ 45 grams, 8♣️ 36 grams. Total 153 grams, or 5.5 ozs. Also yielded 1 gram of shoe hash from the keif and 11 grams of primo ice bag bubble hash. Pics are from yesterday. GSC yield comparison: CMH315w 48.5 grams per plant, XS1000 LED “twins” 43 grams per plant. Not a big difference in weight. The LED trichome production was excellent…we’ve never yielded 11 grams of bubble hash. Family arrives today, so all clear in the nick of time. Next grow in a month or two will be a indica, as I’m down to my last jar of Corleone Kush from grow #2, the purple buds strain. The large fasciated bud weighs 7 grams…check out the rectangle stem. Looking forward to catching up on other’s grow journals here. Thanks for checking out my grow. Cheers
4BFF3121-8C5D-41BD-A917-E235F63FC716.jpeg
221E9C09-D66B-4ADB-AC95-49A1AF75FF49.jpeg
150B2C29-4604-4D8C-903D-8139F33B1A27.jpeg
FBA57EC1-CFBD-4788-9E22-E0C028655582.jpeg
454F7D6D-0DE0-498A-880E-24FEFAED0173.jpeg
EC6832D0-DF5C-4E8E-BBCA-688A0048A8D4.jpeg
342CE4E3-209A-4F54-B306-C5BCA85A7A99.jpeg
8C3EC843-07D7-4952-972C-77E0056C436C.jpeg
1855169C-1B90-413F-B5D3-6EB5D922180A.jpeg

Day 136, 17.5 weeks from sprout…weighed all and jarred down with Boveda’s on the 4th of July. 15 days chop, dry and burp. Yields: 8♦️Green Crack 24 grams, 8♥️ Girl Scout Cookies 48 grams, 8♠️ 45 grams, 8♣️ 36 grams. Total 153 grams, or 5.5 ozs. Also yielded 1 gram of shoe hash from the keif and 11 grams of primo ice bag bubble hash. Pics are from yesterday. GSC yield comparison: CMH315w 48.5 grams per plant, XS1000 LED “twins” 43 grams per plant. Not a big difference in weight. The LED trichome production was excellent…we’ve never yielded 11 grams of bubble hash. Family arrives today, so all clear in the nick of time. Next grow in a month or two will be a indica, as I’m down to my last jar of Corleone Kush from grow #2, the purple buds strain. The large fasciated bud weighs 7 grams…check out the rectangle stem. Looking forward to catching up on other’s grow journals here. Thanks for checking out my grow. Cheers
4BFF3121-8C5D-41BD-A917-E235F63FC716.jpeg
221E9C09-D66B-4ADB-AC95-49A1AF75FF49.jpeg
150B2C29-4604-4D8C-903D-8139F33B1A27.jpeg
FBA57EC1-CFBD-4788-9E22-E0C028655582.jpeg
454F7D6D-0DE0-498A-880E-24FEFAED0173.jpeg
EC6832D0-DF5C-4E8E-BBCA-688A0048A8D4.jpeg
342CE4E3-209A-4F54-B306-C5BCA85A7A99.jpeg
8C3EC843-07D7-4952-972C-77E0056C436C.jpeg
1855169C-1B90-413F-B5D3-6EB5D922180A.jpeg
:drool:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill284

Hi, I'm a really new grower and I'm interested in making bubble hash..

I hope you don't mind a couple of questions...
1) Can you use fresh bud? - If not, why?
2) Aside from the keef hash, was the 11g oil what you extracted from the plants you listed, or did you use the trim?
3) what would you say is the minimum quantity of weed to do this with?

I'm sure there are more, but these'll do for now - thanks....!!!!

Hi, I'm a really new grower and I'm interested in making bubble hash..

I hope you don't mind a couple of questions...
1) Can you use fresh bud? - If not, why?
2) Aside from the keef hash, was the 11g oil what you extracted from the plants you listed, or did you use the trim?
3) what would you say is the minimum quantity of weed to do this with?

I'm sure there are more, but these'll do for now - thanks....!!!!
Zimbo, Ask away. 1) Sure you can use fresh bud, but I dry and cure mine slowly and prefer to smoke my buds. I use the trim for ice bag hash. 2) The keif was left over after trim…we always make that into shoe hash. Wrap into a small parchment paper bundle and place in your shoe. Walk around for awhile and you will press/melt the keif into a nice hash. The 11 grams of bubble hash was from the trim off all four plants. This time we stirred until the ice was totally melted. I think we’ve been losing hash stuck to cubes when we dumped the ice before. This was the biggest ice bag yield yet…so will always go full melt. I didn’t weigh the trim, but guess it was a couple ounces. I also threw in popcorn buds that were too small to trim. The hash will darken as exposed to air. Also, I only use two bags…the biggest and smallest mesh sizes…never understood the 5 to 7 bags in a set. 3) Any amount will do…a bag of ice is cheap and you will yield something. Good luck and share a pic and tell us about your results. Cheers

Bill, Thanks man, I got the harvest in just before 2 weeks of visitors. The smell from this grow was very strong, the one Green Crack even more so. Thanks for stopping by. Cheers
Hope your visitors enjoyed the aromatherapy. :rofl:
Congrats on the harvest mucker. :welldone:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill284

Zimbo, Ask away. 1) I prefer to smoke my buds.

2) The keif was left over after trim…we always make that into shoe hash. Wrap into a small parchment paper bundle and place in your shoe. - I have a press to do this....:).
Also, I only use two bags…the biggest and smallest mesh sizes…never understood the 5 to 7 bags in a set. - Ditto

3) Any amount will do…a bag of ice is cheap and you will yield something. Good luck and share a pic and tell us about your results. Cheers
Thanks for taking the time to answer.
1) So do I but my lungs are tired and I feel that I have to move to edibles.
2) I have a press that I use to compress the keef. I understand the other bags but also don't see the need for them.
3) Will do.

The multiple bags can also help with the bags not "stopping up" as bad. The previous bag catching bigger pieces and not allowing the bigger pieces to stop up the next bag. I hate waiting on that 25 micron bag to drain. :rolleyes:

The multiple bags can also help with the bags not "stopping up" as bad. The previous bag catching bigger pieces and not allowing the bigger pieces to stop up the next bag. I hate waiting on that 25 micron bag to drain. :rolleyes:
Stir, dip, stir do…repeat. I do get what you are saying…maybe a middle bag. I love the hash just like the old days when you could get blonde Lebanese for $5 a gram in tin foil. Pretty oxidized on the outside, but still delicious and potent. My house hash is fresh, terpene rich, and more potent. We treat it with respect here…11 grams awaits and will likely last until the Holidays. Cheers

Stir, dip, stir do…repeat. I do get what you are saying…maybe a middle bag. I love the hash just like the old days when you could get blonde Lebanese for $5 a gram in tin foil. Pretty oxidized on the outside, but still delicious and potent. My house hash is fresh, terpene rich, and more potent. We treat it with respect here…11 grams awaits and will likely last until the Holidays. Cheers
@gwhunran

My journey, alas, is fraught with school fees, what an ijit I feel....

Froze two of my plants as soon as I cut them, cutting the buds off and the stalks into pieces.
I waited 24 hrs. and then filled the bucket up with ice and gave it a gentle mix, took about 6 hours to melt and I did my first wash, and then my second........and then I noticed, in my haste, I had committed the most careless of errors.

I had read 75 - as 23 in my hurry (didn't put on me reading glasses).

Despite mashing it up and doing another two washes, there was basically nothing left. :-(

No pictures all, sorry.

[sulking]

On the brighter side though, NEVER gonna do that again...

Leb is available where I live, around $10 ($100 - 120 for 10g) a gram but personally I prefer Moroccan, which isn't hehe.

@gwhunran

My journey, alas, is fraught with school fees, what an ijit I feel....

Froze two of my plants as soon as I cut them, cutting the buds off and the stalks into pieces.
I waited 24 hrs. and then filled the bucket up with ice and gave it a gentle mix, took about 6 hours to melt and I did my first wash, and then my second........and then I noticed, in my haste, I had committed the most careless of errors.

I had read 75 - as 23 in my hurry (didn't put on me reading glasses).

Despite mashing it up and doing another two washes, there was basically nothing left. :-(

No pictures all, sorry.

[sulking]

On the brighter side though, NEVER gonna do that again...
We had a similar situation once mixing bags…my fault. But I realized I could scoop up the plant material I dumped in the woods and rewash. We were smoking in the sun and mistakes happen. The rewash was successful…a save. Cheers

Leb is available where I live, around $10 ($100 - 120 for 10g) a gram but personally I prefer Moroccan, which isn't hehe.
Z…We also sometimes saw Moroccan hash available…also pressed, but redder in color than the blonder Lebanese. Back then…1976 to 1980 in Michigan hash was $5-7 a gram. I also found some black Nepalese finger hash that was spectacular. One thing I love about growing is ready access to scissor hash at trim…followed by kief and shoe hash. A good way to preview bud quality during cure. The bubble hash is the flashback…hard to believe I usually have more primo hash than I can smoke and share. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom