Guesstimator's 2014 Grow Journal - 1st Indoor Attempt!

Awesome! I guess when I get home I will move on to cutting the stems away from the trunk and putting them in jars. I will use the (albeit wrong) Boveda 69's for now until the 62's show up tomorrow or Monday.

When people say they "open the jars daily" how long do you leave them open for? A few minutes or the whole day? I am so nervous I will have grassy, nasty tasting MJ again, I really don't want this harvest to be a waste! That first grow, and sample cuts I've taken from this grow, just don't seem to dry right and have an odd taste / smell... HELP! lol

Thanks guys and gals!

I usually take it completely out of the jar for 10-15min the first couple day's or so.Then I just burb/crack whatever,once a day just to exchange fresh air.I would keep a very close eye on them if you use the 69's.

Well, I just cut up the smallest of the three (and first cut down) and put it all in 2 mason jars. Just over 2 1/4 oz (over dried). Not bad for the runt I suppose.

I am heeding the advice of those far more knowledgeable than myself and I am skipping the Boveda 69's until the 62's arrive. That should moisten thing up a touch I'd imagine and add slightly to the weight.

Just waiting another day or two for the middle plant to get dry enough to jar.

The last plant, the big Sativa, is all alone in the tent now with all three ZNET4's aimed at it (two outer lights angled in). This plant is getting more darn light than it'll know what to do with! lol. I suspect another couple weeks until it is ready to cut as well.

This has been a blast! Thanks to all for the assistance, I NEVER could have done this well on my own!

Thanks for all the words of wisdom folks. I have to say the first plant is beginning to smell leafy or grassy. This is what happened before, what am I doing wrong!?!?! I have 2 1/4oz in two large mason jars. I am rotating one open and one closed and switching them every few hours. It is quite dry at the moment, how do I cease this bad, leafy (not moldy) smell???

Thanks, I am so nervous about this!

Take it out of the jars until the stems begin to snap. I've fudged a few by jarring to early. If its dry just wait for ur 62's. u will love how they treat your buds.

Well folks, the grow is wrapped and lessons learned. It's been a fun one, and while results were less than hoped, I am anxious to move on to round 2!

Things I learned. Starting with a well thought out area is key. I originally started these seeds in a closet, seeds tips aimed the wrong way, no ventilation, with a T5. I moved up to creating my own tent and getting a 600W HID, about 2 weeks into Veg. This initial lack of proper ventilation, a poor start to life and other setbacks didn't help. Also, I finished off with ditching the HID and going with the 3 ZNET4's and the ending wasn't what I'd hoped. THIS IN NO WAY IS BELIEVED TO BE THE LIGHTS FAULT - IT WAS PURELY MINE!

Others on here have just wrapped up outstanding grows using these same lights, and my lackluster results are to blamed on a few things I have fixed recently.

First off, I have figured out my heat issue. I am still in disbelief, I am such a doofus!!!!!! After +/-6 months of use, I found the plastic shipping wrapping that covered literally 99% of the carbon filters surface area. The plastic wrap was installed over the stainless steel (at the factory), but under the white pre-filter (between the metal filter and pre-filter). I never knew it was there!!! OMG, I am so mad at myself, but on the other hand, THANK GOD I FOUND IT! It now has nearly 100% more free surface area to draw in the air, again, WHAT A DOOFUS I AM!!!

I fully expect significant improvement in temp reduction now (I saw days in the 90's, and I was using LED's!! WTH!?!?!? lol) as well as a lot more free CO2 moving about to help the plants thrive.

I now have rubber mats between the pots and concrete. The soil will always be the temp of the concrete, if left in direct contact. I now know this and solved it.

These and a million other lessons are being applied to the latest grow which will have it's own little journal soon. (already in seedling for a week and a half!)

Thanks all for the years of cumulative experience and assistance! Love to all.

Back
Top Bottom