Guesstimator's 2014 Grow Journal - 1st Indoor Attempt!

Hi Guess, you are flying close to Budzville it seems...
very nice plants and budz pics, i love the greeny budz sprinkled with purple leaves due to the leds and flash light.
really nice led"s setup too, it is still a dream for me to have such a high-tech setup, but i'm workin'on it for sure:high-five:
you'll soon enjoy your work rewards.
cheers Man.

E.D.

Lol, I was wondering about that. I have a lot of "proving myself" to do on here and I sure understand that. This is a great place, filled with great folks and I hope to be thought of one day and one of them.

Have a great day CO and thanks once again!

You already had me at this point though man, and this is page 2... you got some real green fingers ;)

Very nice Guesstimator! When I looked at my girls this morning, it looks like they have all grown a ton! In two days time I can see a huge difference. I can't wait until harvest! Those girls love our ZNET's!

Thanks Jimmy6k for turning us on to it! Thanks Amy for awesome customer service!
:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

Pinky,I have the same feeling with you,I am growing some lettuce in the office,you know what,yesterday only a tiny bud,BUT today morning I see they all out of the soil :) can not believe it

:welcome:

Last night I got inspired by the recent install of the new GREENSUN ZNET4's (Amy rocks!) and played in the tent for a while. When I had the 600w HPS as my lighting I had the (very) wrong reflector hood. The light was only focused directly below the lamp and all the plants had to be crammed under it (which worked miserably and was far from "proper"). Not so good if you are doing LST and topping, such as I.

Since I now have the 3 lights I am able to open things up and spread out, OMG this felt nice! I am sure the plants felt the same way! lol

I took the opportunity to also re-tie most of the branches and LST further. Once I did this and spread things out I can see a world of difference. They seem so much happier and able to use the light.

I keep looking at the LED's and thinking they are too high. So each time I think this I get the tape measure out and, yep, they are @ 20" (+/-) from the canopy which if anything is too close. I'm just crazy and not used to LED's being so far away.

A few things to note, I didn't expect the tent to be so much cleaner looking with these lights. Since I got 3 to replace 1, I figured it'd look cluttered but not at all. The ductwork that was once needed to run thru the HPS is now run direct from filter to fan, that helped clean things up huge! And the thin profile of these LED's really is awesome, takes up so little space. And the look of the lights is awesome as well, those were the words of my best friend last night anyway upon seeing these for the first time. I agree, they just look like nice fixtures, and the light is pretty too. lol

Below are pics as of tonight. I decided to try the flash for a few pics of the colas and the green turns out really bright and cool looking (if not an entirely accurate representation of color). You get the idea anyway. On to the pics! :thanks:

20140320_175156.jpg

20140320_175204.jpg

20140320_175229.jpg

20140320_175302.jpg

20140320_175316.jpg

20140320_175339.jpg

20140320_175410.jpg

20140320_175438.jpg

20140320_175357.jpg

20140320_175458.jpg

20140320_175549.jpg

Love it so much!

I apologize for a delay in updates. Life gets in the way sometimes. lol

5 days ago I cut the smallest of the three, having seen approx. 10% amber Tri's. Tonight I cut another.

I built a cardboard box (24" x 24" x 36" - not big enough I think...?) as a drier 5 days ago, complete with wired 12v fan and small dinky pc fan. I have high humidity right now (60-70%) and it has been tough to keep it within range. It's been sitting in 61-66 degrees and spending most of it's time in the 67-70% rh. This is no good, I understand, so I took action and moved it to a small closet with the door opened a foot or so and a small fan blowing in.

Tonight I cut the second of the two and it is shown below, before cutting and again hanging in the closet with it's sister. lol

I ROYALLY screwed up the only other grow I did by not performing the dry/cure correctly. Tasted horrible, grassy and smelled overall bad. I SOOOO do not want a repeat experience!!! PLEASE HELP IF I AM DOING SOMETHING FOOLISH! I can't imagine messing this all up now... God help me here.

On to the pics folks!

20140325_174256.jpg

20140325_174304.jpg

20140325_174322.jpg

20140325_174349.jpg

20140325_174649.jpg

20140325_174707.jpg

20140325_174804.jpg

Thanks B. Anyone else have anything to offer about my dry / cure?

Thanks in advance guys (and gals)!

I've found that hanging the plants take way too long for them to dry. I like to cut the buds and lay them out. after a couple days I put them in the jar and leave it closed at night and open during the day. to test if the buds are dry use a grinder. as soon as they start grinding somewhat properly, jar them for good.

Look into Boveda 62's, they are awesome 2way humidity control.

Thanks CO. I just ordered (of course) a 10 pack of Boveda 69's. Clearly the wrong ones huh? Poop.

Thanks so much for the input!

The 62's make the bud SLIGHTLY moister than I personally prefer it. To fix that I take a nug out for a mere ten/15 minutes before I pack it up. The 69's would make it moister than I would prefer. No experience with them though.

The 62's make the bud SLIGHTLY moister than I personally prefer it. To fix that I take a nug out for a mere ten/15 minutes before I pack it up. The 69's would make it moister than I would prefer. No experience with them though.

Thanks for the tip, just ordered a 10 pack of the 62's. Cool.

The plant I took down approx. 6 days ago has me confused. The buds themselves are feeling pretty dry, but the stems don't snap, they just kinda fold and bend easily. I know the dry should take 2-4 weeks, and I'm not quite at 1 week yet. God, I DON'T want to screw this part up again!!! lol. I can't imagine the waste, it pains me. The RH has been in the 60-70% range but since moving it to the closet the past couple days it has gone down to 58% or so with a fan on. Am I drying them too slowly or, somehow, too quickly now?

Thanks so much for any added input you guys and gals may have.

Hey Guess.I think that your humidity is decent for drying at 58.I dry mine in a closet with a humidity of 38-40.It take's me about 3 day's hanging.I do not wait for stem's to snap.If I did they would be way to dry for my liking.After about 3 day's hanging,they go in jar's with a humidipak 62.I also have to let bud's sit out for a few minute's before smoking.I do not run a fan 24 hr's a day in my drying closet.I turn it on and off threw out the day,to kind of let them rest and dry natural.

Hey Guess.I think that your humidity is decent for drying at 58.I dry mine in a closet with a humidity of 38-40.It take's me about 3 day's hanging.I do not wait for stem's to snap.If I did they would be way to dry for my liking.After about 3 day's hanging,they go in jar's with a humidipak 62.I also have to let bud's sit out for a few minute's before smoking.I do not run a fan 24 hr's a day in my drying closet.I turn it on and off threw out the day,to kind of let them rest and dry natural.

Awesome! I guess when I get home I will move on to cutting the stems away from the trunk and putting them in jars. I will use the (albeit wrong) Boveda 69's for now until the 62's show up tomorrow or Monday.

When people say they "open the jars daily" how long do you leave them open for? A few minutes or the whole day? I am so nervous I will have grassy, nasty tasting MJ again, I really don't want this harvest to be a waste! That first grow, and sample cuts I've taken from this grow, just don't seem to dry right and have an odd taste / smell... HELP! lol

Thanks guys and gals!

Back
Top Bottom