Happy New Year - 2014 Attempt

Hay to All,
Just an update as it has been 6 days since the little one said hello. She has streched out an inch and is loving going out side. Today is the 3rd front that moved through in the last 7 days and we have no sun . It is very breezy before and after they push through and being in that stiff wind has got her tough. The stem is VERY sturdy for 7 days old plant. These are of last Friday:
015545.JPG

017450.JPG

These next few are from today 3/6 and she is presently hanging out in her cabinet.
0021705.JPG

0041543.JPG

0071212.JPG

The cabinet is Mylar`ed completely now and only need to hook up vent/scrubber. Very shitty outside and didn`t feel like going to store for the charcoal. That will give me something to post coming up as it is mainly for odor control. The box does get a little warm ( 78*) but I feel it is a help in evaporating moisture as I am keeping her moist not wet. The soil composition drains really well and it is the jiffy pot that is holding the water. As for the vent /fan I got these to show rather then explain:
009995.JPG

010919.JPG

012715.JPG

013665.JPG

014607.JPG

Real quick, the paper clip trick is very cool after you pull the length of tape you need just stick clip to tape and cut. Grab the clip to start your next length is stead of going crazy searching for the start in tape. The box, the fan goes in is 2 1/2 to 3 inches bigger then it. Just ball up news paper sheets and stuff it around it to fill and tape closed. It absorbs any sound and vibrations. This one is only 100 CFM but still can be heard running in the room with door closed. So if you have snoopy neighbors and worry about the noise when your gone. This makes them silent and you can use news paper or old socks or tee shirts. The inline fan is self contained ( inside the tube ) so they cant over heat or have wires outside unit. Plus the way or work it is doing allows me to run a 120v light dimmer switch to slow it down. The 5gallon bucket has 1/2 inch holes drill through its lower and bottom surface. Just get a pair of ladies panty hose and fill the legs with charcoal ( will include photos later) and cut each leg off and knot, then you shape it into a round pillow shape and drop into the bucket and push down to compress. Then a 4 quart plastic left-over container is used with a sponge. Go to the auto parts store or auto department isle of shit-Mart. Look for the big sponges use to wash your car. Place sponge in container and fill 1/2 way with a 50/50 mix of fabric softener and water. That sits on the top of the charcoal and when lid is snapped down. The air flows from the cabinet and over the charcoal and fragrance eliminate the "skunk" and your hole room smells April, Sun Shiny, Fresh or what ever brand you used!!

Time for dinner and to cut her lights back by half. She is on 24 straight for last seven days but has been inside and outside. Doing this now and from the start is the equivalent to the maintaining of the lights on time for indoor grows. In a sense the plant is use to the difference it light spectrums and intensity's. Much the way a totally outdoor plants HAS TO adjust to overcast days, full sun or no sun at all. That happens for real in a one day light cycle how often. Partly cloudy mornings give way to full sun all afternoon and the heating from that cause afternoon storms. That would freak an indoor grow that was regimented to its A,B,C format. Plus in 2 months the sunshine's strength will have increased so this allows the plant the freedom to make adjustments and stay in sync. She has to be able to grow inside safe and restricted /regimented and at the same time go outside wild and vulnerable relying on the resources at hand. Just trying to give the best of both options.
Keep it green and hope it all is working well in your worlds...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste: :surf:

Thanks for stopping, and she does. I had found from my last tries the climate here from mid June to the beginning of October. I cant grow, not saying it cant be done but the humidity and heat are crushing. Add a few bug issues or nuit troubles and your screwed. My power to those who can or have the time to hover over them all day. My idea is to actually and eventually start them in mid October - November and have them start in flower March 1st. February/March it is an average 56/64 lows and 65/76 for highs. But 78 to 82 is not uncommon for two and three day runs. Ideal for most strains, indica or sativa`s but most important for me is the humidity and suns intensity. Humidity is between 30 to 40 is the lowest but 45% average with it peaking at 55 to 60% from 5:00 AM till sun-up. But that is in the form of dew, natural R/O water. Even with the winter sun faze it is equal to what it is in early summer further north. Then in using my light cabinet for the cold nights or crappy days that do come along down here. I am shooting for two separate outdoor soil grows with the SUPPORT of indoor if need be. Would be cool to have the same strain started in September and harvested the 1st March, Then compare it to grow results from January start up and mid June harvest........that is what I say a pray for!!..Peace.....
:420: :thumb:

Hello R L and All, Yes as with you "winter" is in its fading lights. March in general here is weird as this morning it was 36* to 34 in a few areas over to the central and westerly portions of the state. From east of Tampa to Orlando. I am on the eastside and we were 46* to 51*. Being very close to the ocean and I checked the surf temp was 61 to 64. So my house was 59* in the backyard and a mile inland it was 49*.

We have a Saturday "high" posted for 78 to 82 but again being near the ocean and a easterly breeze will only hit 74 to 76....but adding if the wind spins southeast or westerly it will be 78* to 80*!! Just a few more things about growing here it factor in. As February and especially March we get the tail ends of the cold fronts pushing through and as they move from the Gulf to the Atlantic. Trying to explain it......so Monday and Tuesday it will be 76/78 for a high and sun. 54/60 low and as front move toward us. Wednesday winds spin from calm SE-E to W-NW 15 to 25 and temps drop 10 to 18 degrees ( or more ). This brings cloudy /rainy conditions for two days with strong cold wind but again by Saturday it is approaching 76 to 80 and so starts the cycle till April. I have tank tops and sweat shirts stacked neatly on top of dresser, put it that way.
April and May 78 to 85 high and 64 to 68 low SE wind and calm and humidity 50% are the best as by mid- June and almost over night it is 90+ at 8:00 AM and humidity at 80 to 95 %. This is where I was looking to and planning on getting what ever plant(s) started December 1st. Giving 3 months of veg and into flower by March 1st. This would give her(s) 60 to 90 max. days of consistent 12/12 outdoor with ideal temps and humidity. But like every well laid out plan comes reality, until I have the land rights over the property it is hide and seek. That is coming and I hope soon. Money is not the big issue as a hundred bucks and recycling is all I need. I do like exploring the site and pray for the time and property to complete and experiment consistently. Noting your "Whole garden" not just the cannabis is what is cool. Anywho, I do have some pic`s to add and major scramble yesterday. The landlady has a exterminator service and contract for termites. She did a walk through at end of Febuary of my apartment area as part of signing new one year lease. I set-up thinking I had a whole year of peace and knew nothing of termite inspection!! So all the work I did I had to commando and dismantle as they will be here tomorrow. To do a property inspection for termites inside and out as her contract with her. I will be at work and just glad she had said something. Could have been a little freaky around here!! But all is good and will add some new pic`s soon. Thanks for stopping by and sharing all the goodness, the rewards are in growing and celebration in the harvests!!...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste: :thanks:

Hello To All.... I was charging the battery last night and did not include these pic`s. The first are the cabinet which only took a few minutes to brake down. To make installing Mylar I cut smaller cardboard sections, taped it to them and installed as panels. This made it a lot easier to handle and using full sheets outside of zero gravity really sucked!! Like a road map from hell in the back of a moving convertible!!

Then this is her playing hide and seek, she is in there and it gets direct morning sun with the time change. from 8:30 till almost 2:00 o`clock. This gives her about 6 of her 24 hours with the rest being indoor CFL`s. And yesterday was day 14 from when she broke ground. Enjoy the weekend weather update: today and Sunday // 82-84* for high58-64* lows. Late Sunday cold front arrives, high Monday 58-62* wind NW-N 15-20 guests to 30 and rain. By Wednesday back to 80`s. The roller coaster of weather!!
OH and enjoy green bud not green beer!!!!! ...Peace.....

TOOK ONLY MINUTES TO DISASSEMBLE....... VERY COOL
0061290.JPG

0081118.JPG

0071219.JPG

THE NEXT IS A BEFORE THE SCRAMBLE
0031625.JPG

HIDE AND SEEK
0041551.JPG

0011717.JPG

zoom33.jpg

HER WATER SOURCE
0051470.JPG

:420: :Namaste:

Yes, when I pull the shelves out I have 4'-10" to work with and there are 4 small screws that hold the panel in above the 2 draws. If I need to I can pull those and get a extra 2 feet of space, it measure`s out at 6' 10" inside top to bottom. I need to have 6 inched for the light fixture. It will hold 3 5gallon buckets in a triangle pattern but very tight. It came with the apartment // furnished and as soon as I seen it I said YEAHHH!!!! I am debating on whether or not to invest in a combo MH/HPS lamp. Tax check is back and seen a few 600 watt MH/HPS bulb and ballasts combo kits from 150 to 175 buckaroo`s. It is nice to want but best to hold off and use the low budget approach. Thanks for stopping and hope it all stays green...Peace.....
:420: :peace:

A few days behind on this but my buddy borrowed my camera this past Monday and have not seen him since. Not worried just can provided any pic`s. I did have a scare with her and thought she was not going to make it. One of two things happened or both, I have her commando` ed in an area outside when I am away from he house. It is in a different area from when I am home. This passed Sunday morning I noticed not a yellowing but more of a beige color in her first set of leaves. I thought it was just being to close to the lights when inside. When I came home from work to set her outside it had worsened. It looked like lock out or over nuits but she was just 2 weeks from a sprout and only getting rain water with worm castings and molasses as a tea.

I put two and two together and remember seeing those little yellow flags on my neighbors lawn Friday afternoon when I came home. They have a guy who sprays their front and back yard. The flags warn about kids and animals to stay off it for a day. I hide her up against a fence that separates both properties. I am guesting she got sprayed directly of over spray?? Plus the land lady has been putting out new mulch and been grass seed in some areas and can only wonder what else she is throwing around. So all I could do was flush the hell out of her and she took a real shock to that. I thought of re-potting as to may-be the soil got residual pesticides on or in them. Held off on that because the extra handling and more stress or it would not have helped. So for the last 5 days she has been in limbo. Her opening sprout leaves have die and shriveled but that is all. The first set of singles is droopy and no green at all. Her inner node is finally showing growth and is only starting to show any green. So I hope she has weathered the storm and is showing so hope.

I friend told me the lawn service people use a mixture of a weed and feed. It is way up there in PH, lye based. Like cement if any of you ever played with it. Plus organic salts that have to dissolve and give it a time release effect. Both what you do not want, high PH and saline or chloride`s....

I have a message out and hope to get camera back soon for some pic`s and to get an opinion. That is the only thing I can think of and other then drowning her was all I could think of. She is starting to get some green color back and will re-pot her after she starts to show good growth again. Just sucks only guesting and not knowing if it was pesticides or an animal pissed on her??? Will post some pic`s soon ...Peace.....

:420: :thumb:

Damn, sounds like a mess. Kind of sounds like what we've been dealing with except it has been worker neighbors next door spraying a pressure washer and the water coming through the fence at high velocity, it could have ripped my ladies to shreds if I didnt see it happening first, and all the seedlings. This was awhile ago, and before they were jack-hammering and had concrete dust flying through the air covering all plants with it, was a mess. Sounds like you got some crazy stuff going on down there, hopefully you can get those plants to be big, nice and happy in nature soon. Not to mention painters on roofs that got a good line of sight, the story never ends in suburbia...

The house behind my property is also a two story and they have a local company installing a upper deck and stair case for it. They have been at it since Thanksgiving!!!! It is only a platform to lay out on with a railing, maybe 12/14 feet square. But 4 months now!! and they can see me perfectly so I am always in commando, stealth mode. I would guest they party by all there tattoo`s, pony tails and cranking out the tunes but anit taking any chances.

:420: :Namaste:

Hey All, I got my camera back, thank God for friends!! The first pic`s show the damage she took from what I am guesting was what the neighbors lawn service guy spayed her with. He sprayed their property last Friday and I started to see effect late Saturday night and Sunday morning. That was the 15th and 16th and I had used a gallon of R/O ed water to flush her. Room temp and 16oz at a time through the day Monday. She looks like shit but was actually worst looking!! She is finally starting to show green in her inner node and just have to wait to see what she does. Through the rest of the week I have her with only half the light on her and have a small computer fan blowing on her. Like I said she looked worse and this is an improvement. Just don't know what will happen if she does come around.
I had 4 plants some years back at 6 weeks and going strong when a grasshopper got to one and ate it down to one three leave branch. She laid dormant for 5 weeks and started to grow back but it looked like Charlie Browns X-mas tree but held her own. It did make it to flower and produced one main cola the size of a 40 watt bathroom fixture light bulb and a few cotton ball lowers. They don't call it weed for nothing and I have been amazed at what some can handle. But then have had great results and out of no where one small thing shuts them down. I have fingers crossed and shit like this would suck for most but the opportunity to see if and how she pulls though is in a way worth it!! I don't want every grow to be this way but if you want to really learn..... an opportunity like this is something you never find in any book. Hang tight and will see what comes of it...Peace.....

These are from tonight and she had NO COLOR at all but her inner node is FINALLY showing some green and growth.

020347.JPG

019358.JPG

018406.JPG

:Namaste:

What`s Up Doc!! Thanks for stopping by and your concern. I hope this is not a house call!!

I do have some promising news on her recovery efforts. I have these pic`s from a half an hour ago and I also transplanted her on the 27th. That was Thursday morning... the one combo picture is of her then, right before I transplanted and right now. I mentioned to RL, that in drowning her (flushing) she stopped basically dying but was in limbo for 4-5 days. I new she needed to dry out and that the small amount of soil she was in was trashed. But the extra stress of re-potting would really do the final blow. I just kept her inside with only one 120 watt 6K CFL above her and I have an old laptop computer cooling fan. I set it so that it would blow the warm air off the bulb onto her. As you can see she has a new node trying to sprout and color is back into both sets of three`s. The first set of three`s were white with purple showing??!! Why she did not die is un-known but I can say she is going to be a tough little sucker!!

We have gotten 5 inches of rain in the last 7 days so I have nice fresh rain water for her, and so far all I have done. Was mix one cup of fresh potting soil and one cup of worm crap with two cups of rain water. I have an old immersion//stick blender, I got it in a yard sale for $1.50!! I use that to churn it up and let stand over night with 1/2 teaspoon of molasses. I give her a 2oz. shot of that twice a day so far. She is responding very well to this. Also re-potting her I do believe has been a blessing and not a hindrance to her!! The new soil I believe had a fresh batch of fungus and acid for the roots, allowing her to "start" functioning again. A friend of mine said the lawn care trucks use a highly alkaline (lye based) weed//combo pest inhibiter and it is also in a salt form so it has to dissolve. Making it in a sense time release. I do know it sucks for seedlings!!

THIS IS THE BEFORE RE-POTTING AND 2:30 TODAY...VERY BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!

alive.jpg

HERE ARE A COUPLE MORE SHOWING HER NEW SOIL MIX

0051485.JPG

0061308.JPG

0081131.JPG

My next day off is this coming Thursday and that will give her 7 full days to get comfy!! I will have some pic`s and words on her progress!! Thanks for asking about her and I know where not to stash her.....the bitch is that spot has great morning sunshine. Plus no way for the landlady to get to it. Oh well just glad she is showing promise and hope the same for YOU ALL`S, keep it green!! ...Peace.....
:420: :Namaste: :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom