Happy New Year - 2014 Attempt

Hello Any and All, Just put her outside for her morning dosage of sunshine and I still bottle feed her. You all heard of "talking " to your plants // while some curse and scream!!// I find great pleasure to get up close and personal with them. Getting high is cool and if your needs are purely medicinal, it is assume she is a benefit and a relief to your needs. You may think I am weird or just crazy, but. If you know the pleasure you get from looking into the eye`s of the one you choose. That is what I feel or can relate it to. A calm pleasure and sense of ease when spending time and just staring. I can say I do "LOVE POT"!!
I use a 500ml water bottle worth of juice as a measure. I pour it in slowly over three or four tries before she has it all. After 5 minutes I have caught what runs through the soil and re-apply to her. This takes about 30 minutes but she is completely saturated and if you are adding nuit`s. This is a sure way to avoid "hotspots" and it ensures they are distributed to the whole root system. I have been in restaurants for 20+ years and it is like baking a cake. If you sift all your dry ingredients together 3 or 4 times it makes a big difference.

Also I have been pouring her liquids in this way all along and after the fluids run down I would see on the surface of the soil. Little silverish-gray colored critters pop up and move a round. Almost like a silverfish if anyone has ever seen one of them but MUCH smaller. If they are a gnat or mite of some kind un-sure?? Today though I did not see ANY and it took 4 applications for her to consume the bottle of juice. I am only wondering if the amount of CO2 gas this unit is producing and the duration I have it at. Four applications with 5 hours of lights on. The heat from the bulbs maintain the bottle at 95ish degree`s but there is 6 hours she is sealed with the gas in the baggie with lights off. My point is there may just be enough to 'CHOKE OUT" theses' little bastards and anything else that may hitch a ride in on her while outside sunning!! BONUS!! So if what I read about CO2 at lights off is true. Then yes the plant can not utilize it with out light/sun to produce energy BUT!!!!! These little critters cant survive in the atmosphere it produces it is worth the $10.00 dollars of start up funds for the yeast, air stone and hose and $1.50 a month in operating cost!! A bottle of neem oil or other brand insect / fungal spray is the same or more and it is one less thing for her to deal with.

THIS IS HER AT 8:00 AM AND SHE IS VERY HAPPY. I TIED A THIRD BRANCH DOWN YESTERDAY AND THAT LEAVES ONE MORE TO TIE. IT WAS UNDERNEATH BUT IN A FEW DAYS THE EXTRA EXPOSURE WILL GIVE HER THE LENGTH TO TIE HER DOWN. SHE TOOK TO IT WELL AND IS CURLING UPWARED ON ALL OF THEM AS LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED.

0011818.JPG

0021810.JPG

0031738.JPG

VERY GREEN AND I WAS LOOKING FOR A "BONSIA PLANT" AND MAY JUST GET MY WISH!!!!!!

0041633.JPG

0091058.JPG

THESE TWO ARE MY "GUARD DOGS" THERE FROM 'GODZILLA PROTECTION SERVICE LLC.' !!

Cool if the amount of CO2 is eliminating little crawlers and I did it to keep her healthy and is an un-seen or thought of side effect. But no pests are a healthy thing!! And with fewer chemicals in the mix is also a BONUS!!

THANKS FOR STOPPING AND ...PEACE.....

:420: :Namaste: :peace:

For soil insects I use diatomaceous earth on top of the soil as a barrier, it cuts them as they move through it. I bought my diatomaceous earth from an animal feed store, do not use the type meant for pool filters. Mosquito dunks can also be used as a soil drench for fungus gnats. Sierra Natural Sciences also makes a soil drench called SNS-203 for fungus gnats and other soil insects.

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-203

Hello back!! And yes, All the advice is awesome and appreciated. Well now that the craziness of the weekend has passed and this is my first day off since last Thursday. This is a pleasure to post and add a few pic`s, it has been a week since last so............ I have not seen any of the little critters for two weeks now and hope the CO2 has helped. I do have something similar to what has been mentioned sns-203 (??) What I have on hand, I wont say the name (Ricorico, I am learning!!) as to upset the sponsor`s but it is ECO minded and a Smart alternative to what is available. It has 5 active ingredients, 4 being oils of and in order on bottle: clove, rosemary, peppermint and thyme. All 0.50% except the thyme at 0.25% plus 5.00% 2 phenethly propionate. Which is ( WIKI ) derived from peanuts and has anti-fungal and organic pesticide properties. It said safe around children and pets, non-toxic but the peanut allergies people should use caution or stay away. I don't think trial and error works well with this one, but the review`s are all good and it is used in green house`s. Plus kennels for flea and tick control.
I have not tried it yet as she is so weird because of the chem`s she has been exposed to, and the tying and bumping of nuit`s is all I will do. The CO2 gas, she requires and never heard of a plant getting to much. Plus it seam`s to be working so what the hell. My neighbors use it on their tomato's and zucchini and another has outdoor cats. He has a small shed for them and the fleas get out of control here. This is the only thing he found that a least controls them, other them soaking it with pyrethrins or malithion. Any how she seam`s to be happy and moving at her own pace. I did move three of the tie`s down the branch's as she sprouted almost 1 1/2 inches to them. The second picture shows how much she grew, from the string forward is 10 days growth. The forth and final main stem is now tied down and I clipped the lower leaves. They are the original 5 points and no longer are exposed to light. I left a 1/2 inch of them from their stem and will let them fall off by themselves. It helped open her up and if anything more for air then light to circulate. Her growth is slow but she has many little and inner nodes plus her stem development is great. She is doing what she wants and I am along for the ride!! These are from Sunday and last are todays............

0041643.JPG

THIS SHOWS UNDER GROWTH BEFORE IS CLIPPED THEM

012764.JPG

THESE LAST TWO ARE ALSO SUNDAY`S

013700.JPG

016526.JPG

THES ARE TODAYS AFTER I SAOKED HER DOWN AND IT USE TO TAKE 3 TO 4 DAYS FOR HER TO LOSE HALF HER POTS WEIGHT. NOW IN 2 DAYS SHE IS DRYING OUT UNDER THE SAME ENVIERNMENT.

019373.JPG

020363.JPG

022307.JPG

023284.JPG

025263.JPG

026249.JPG

027227.JPG

THESE LAST TWO SHOW HER THINNED OUT UNDERSIDE.

She is doing her thing at her own pace and with what I see. Will keep her at 18/6 and in 7 days think about a larger pot as she is slow but moving forward and getting out of the way wont hurt. Thanks for comments earlier and stopping by!!!!! ...Peace..... PS. It is still May but we are at 90 to 94 degrees for the average day temps and the sun is blazing, will see how this helps or hurts... the humidity goes from 55 -60% to 90++ and SUCKS!!!

I will be sure to mention it to the landlady!! It is actually poured cement and they went in with Playtex gloves and hand cut the effects. They had a few 2 X 12`s and a sheet of ply wood left over from adding on to the garage//car port. They laid it on the 2x4 frame for the slab after they poured cement and slid it around as they "cut" in the design. They look like adobe tiles from a distance.
:peace:

:420::thumb:

Howdy-Howdy All, Just a little Sunday update and hope all is well with all your worlds. We started out sunny and HOT but have showers now, good boomer`s shaking the roof. I have her out side and she is loving life!! We get vertical rain, about a 30* angle in 25-30 mph winds. My north side of the building is like an alley way with the storms blowing in from the south east. It creates a very heavy spray like a giant mist bottle soaking everything but not flattening her. Right now we have no power and I am on laptop with my portable WIFI hotspot. Very cool $50 a month and 5Gig`s of data I can take me laptop anywhere. Does not help with no AC or ceiling fans though and getting hot in here!! She is still out side and where I am going, it is still very wet out so going to auto-save and will be back. Plus pic`s are on my desk top and with no power they are stuck there. I will return!!

Were back and all is now well, these pic`s are the first of June and marks her 5 week mark. After starting to show signs of life on April 29 and first sprouting in the 1st week of April. Where did the time go!! these are what she is doing..........

BOOM-BOOM`S

0051561.JPG

0071303.JPG

0081191.JPG

0091064.JPG

010978.JPG

THESE ARE HER AFTER ONE HOUR IN THE RAIN AND IT WAS LIKE A MUCHED NEEDED SHOWER FOR HER.

011841.JPG

THE YELLOW YOU SEE IS JUST THE ORIGINAL FAN LEAVES I TRIMED TO HELP LIGHTEN HER UNDERSIDE FOR AIR MOVEMENT. SHE DID NOT MIND IT AND I HAVE A FEW MORE TO SNIP TO HELP HER FRESH GROWTH. I HAVE NEVER TIED OR DE-FOLIATED ONE... WHAT EVER TERMS YOU APPLY TO IT. I SNIPPED THEM LEAVING JUST A BIT TO THE LEAVES... LIKE THE FAN LEAVES OF A PURCHASED CLONE.

THIS IS 4 DAYS GROWTH AFTER MOVING THE TIES DOWN THE BRANCH AND SHE KEEPS TURNING UPWARD
012765.JPG

HER MAIN STEM IS AS FAT AS A PENCILE
015581.JPG

Thanks for stopping by and will see what tomorrow brings, hope your worlds are happy and green!!...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste: :peacetwo:

Hello All 420 peoples out there...Hope your Sunday is going well. I have to charge the battery on my camera so shy on pic`s. But I do have good news and hope in 7 to 10 days "shit is happening". I have been holding off in re-potting her and glad I did. The pot she is in is plastic and I learned from a friend to just perforate the bottom and lower sides. This way instead of pulling her out of it, I have 3 oval discs around the outside base and 1 large square in the base. With an exacto knife and needle nose pliers you just pop them out and set entire pot on top of new container, filled to 2 inches from the top with medium. Set it in and wiggle down and fill and pack extra sandy top soil to fill the gap between them. It takes a few tries to water it in and keep adding soil around side till it settles. The roots will almost immediately find their way out the holes and will spread. You do not disrupt the roots and limit the shock to her. So there is no recovery time or very little. Plus by stacking on top, the next containers area will be available for her. If your tent or room is tight, this helps as most grows have more height to use then square footage//width. Basically the existing root balls area stays where it is and only new growth, new root ball develops. A friend grew a bunch like this with clear plastic tubes, it was the same as watching an ant farm build there tunnels. It is the plants root system instead, pretty cool trick. I held off from this for 10 extra days and when I removed the ovals and square. She had filled the pot but was not "choked" in it. The medium was still a bit loose but not crumbling. So by next Sunday I am looking forward to her filling in. I have moved her ties down her stems another inch and a half. Her stem is locked vertical, just her flower ends bend straight up in a day. She is longer then she is tall!! I have snipped some inner leaves and want to thin her out more but will allow her to build up for a week in the new pot. Will have a few pic`s later on and time for dinner.

Thanks for all the advice till know and this move is what she was waiting for. She now has the roots system and extra room to fill and maintain a canopy. Check yah in a bit...............................................

:420: :Namaste: :thanks:

Howdy Ricorico, well I got to those pic`s and here we go............

THIS IS JUNE 1ST vs. TODAY JUNE 9 AS TO WHAT SHE HAS BEEN UP TO

010978.JPG
6/1/14

013701.JPG
6/9/14

THESE NEXT TWO PIC`S SHOW HER POT // SHE IS IN A 3/4 GALLON STARTER POT AND YOU CAN SEE SHE IS "SUNK" IN 2 INCHES INTO A 1 1/2 GALLON POT. INSTEAD OF HER EXISTING ROOT BALL TAKING UP 1/3rd OF THE NEW POT. THE 4 HOLES I POKED OUT ARE THE SIZE OF JUMBO EGGS THE ROOTS WILL GROW THRU, SHE HAS THAT ENTIRE NEW POT TO FILL INTO AND HER EXISTING SYSTEM DOES NOT GET DISTURBED

0021827.JPG

0051566.JPG

THESE ARE HER INNER STEM, WHICH IS VERY STOUT!! HER TWO MAIN LIMBS HAVE 6 NODES PLUS THE FLOWER END AND THE OTHER TWO SUBS HAVE 4 NODES. I PLAN ON DE-FOLIATING HER TO EXPOSE THESE TO LIGHT BUT WILL GIVE HER A WEEK TO GET COMFY. THIS WILL ALLOW ME TO BUMP UP HER NUIT`S, NOT THE AMOUNT JUST THE FREQUENCY WITH OUT LOCKING HER OUT. SO BY NEXT SUNDAY I AM HOPING FOR HER TO HAVE REALLY INCREASED IN VOLUME AND STILL NOT WORRIED ABOUT THE HIEGHT. I SPLASHED A LITTLE GO-GO JUICE ON THAT ONE SET OF STEM GROWTH 2 DAYS AGO AND THAT IS THE ONLY YELLOW ON HER, SO THIS NEW SPACE TO STREACH OUT IS GOING TO HELP A LOAD!!

0091068.JPG

0071308.JPG

WITH IN 12 HOURS SHE IS BENDING SKYWARD SO SHE HAS A LOT OF ENERGY

011843.JPG

0081195.JPG

THE LITTLE BIT OF GRAYISH SCALE IS JUST DRYED YEAST FROM THE CO2 GIZMO, IT WILL PUSH SOME SUD`S INTO THE AIR STONE AND IT SPIT`S IT OUT AS BUBBLES THAT POP. IT IS EASYER TO LET IT DRY AND IN THE SUN, IT LIFTS OFF BY ITSELF. I TAKE A SMALL PAINT BRUSH WHEN I BRING HER BACK INSIDE AND IT FALLS RIGHT OFF. IT LOOKS SCARY IF YOU DONT KNOW THAT, ANY HOW WILL RE-POST ON SUNDAY AND LOOKING FORWARD TO WHAT SHE HAS UP HER SLEEVE!! HOPE ALL IS GREEN AND HAPPY IN ALL YOUR WORLDS!!...PEACE.....

Wow, I love the system you are using to, instead of re-pot, add-pot! I think I may have to try that, both in my 420 garden, and my non-420 garden. To be honest, however, I think I would lop off the entire bottom of the pot (without cutting roots, of course), instead of holes. I am anxious to see how your pot-in-a-pot-in-a-pot works, mate!

Thanks for the comment AMK and the truth is I have done it both ways. As far as which is better there was no difference in the growth but the ones that have the holes cut out. Were less likely to tip over from being top heavy. You don't realize the weight of the root ball at first and in a way this forces the roots in 4 directions and being they are "concentrated" for lack of a better word. They develop like anchor lines, and I have had them, if not tip over. Shift in the lower pot during heavy rain and winds so this will help if that happens. So the entire root system is not hanging out and exposed. Plus when I watched my friends in the clear plastic tubes you would not believe how fast the roots take over from day to day. I would love to have // be able to reproduce the same thing he did but add a 24 hour camera w/ night vision. Then edit it as a time delay over a weeks period to show what the roots do, especially at night. Also in two weeks time she has runners in every direction and is securely on her way. It is also a good space saver, a 1 foot long X 6 inch piece of PVC will hold about 1.5 gallons of soil//medium. If you put a cap on the bottom with a few drain whole drilled in it and don't glue it, when she needs more space. Fill another 1 foot section with a cap on one end and a 90* elbow. Pull the cap off the first tube and attach at the elbow. If you wire the second tube to a square of plywood as a base it wont tip. You just doubled your "pot" from a 1.5 gallon to a 3 gallon and only added 8 to 9 inches of height to her AND removed most of the stress that comes from a total transplant. Just drill some holes in the new pipes length or the cap. But if you drill the cap angle the plywood so water will not pool and cause root rot. Something to think about and it does work!! Instead of forcing 5 ~ 3 gallon pots in a 4 X 4 ft./sq. you can get 8 of these staggered in the same space!!

:420: :Namaste: :thumb:

Howdy 420`ers and hope All is well. I had an idea awhile ago and out of now where it came back to me. As a little kid it stuck in my head the way a X-mas tree branch would sage depending on the size of the ornament.
Also to add, this is the first time I have tied or attempted to and de-foliate any plants. So I just thought how much easier it would be to just hang a weight on the end of a branch instead of tying it to the edge of your container. I also like many of you enjoy fishing and now how easy a split-shot works, so.............
They are almost like earrings for her branches, I am using 3/4 oz. egg and 1/8th oz. split-shots to establish the weight to hold them down. One immediate advantage I found is that they allow the branch to sway instead of being lock it the same spot. The same as when you want to fan a seedling to help it develop and "improves" its condition. I also gave her a little trim on her inner leaves as she was very dense and "cluttered" along her main stems. I have no experience and just did what I thought she was prompting. They were mostly 3 points and were "lightening" as far as color and the few 5 points were underneath and not getting any light. It looks like she is concentrating on her new growth and needed to open her up to light and circulation. Will find out real soon!!

THIS IS HER THINNED OUT

0011846.JPG

THIS IS ONE OF HER NEW EARRINGS AND THE WAY THEY ALLOW HER TO SWAY I FEEL WILL BE A BENIFIT FOR HER

0021834.JPG

0031761.JPG

THESE ARE A FEW MORE JUST SHOWING HER OFF
0041655.JPG

0071311.JPG

013704.JPG

AND THIS LAST ONE IS WITH GOOFYFOOT!!
42075.jpg

She has expanded in the last few days and happy is feeling good. Even being rough with her, it is as if she likes it and the attention! I talk to them and have not trouble saying I do feel and catch "vibes" from them and sense different personalities. It may sound crazy but do realize they eat, breathe, have genders and reproduce!!! I am pretty sure their are a bunch of you on here that feel a sense of closeness with yours. So be sure to hug your babies every chance you get!!!!...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste: :high-five:

Hello To All 420`ers and Happy Fathers Day!! If you don't have kids but plant feminized strains your in. And the utility bill may just exceed child support payments if you know what I mean!! Just a quick update since the ninth and a few pic`s. She is loving the new space and all the inner nodes and growth are really coming around. I just gave her first bump in nuit`s today and she is out in the sun. We have had good all day rain here since Wednesday night so she has been sheltered a bit. There is no stress or an issue with potting just she missed out on 4 days of sunshine. She has great color and I freed her up as far as weighting down or tying down. I will let her have her own way for a week and the weather for the next 7 days shows our regular afternoon thunderstorms. Not this all day cloud cover which slowed her down a bit. She just looks invigorated and just like watching the changes, go from slow to wow over night. She has the size and roots for the nuit`s increase so we will let her dance!! And take the time to check out Relaxed Lester's Fathers Day gift...(hint) it is not socks!!!!!!!

Take a peek......

SHE HAS 5 MAIN CLUSTERS AND THINNING OUT HER CENTER SHE THE POTENTIOAL FOR 6 TO 8 MORE CLUSTERS DEPENDING ON HOW SHE AND I FINAGEL IT
0011850.JPG

0031765.JPG

0041658.JPG

HER END CLUSTERS HAVE GREAT COLOR AND WILL BE LEFT FREE AND WILL SEE WHAT HER CENTER GROWTH DOES
0051571.JPG

0061385.JPG

Will see yah all in a few days and enjoy what ever comes your way...Peace.....

:420:
:Namaste:

:high-five:

Hey All got a funny one....she is out side soaking up the sunshine and I am going to check the mail box. There is this lizard going around her pot like a dog chasing his tail???? As I got close he jumped on the fence and hid behind a board. I am walking back up from the mail box and he is back at it???? WTF??? This time he is rearing up and not running away!!! SHOWDOWN TIME!! I poke him with a twig and he books it back to the fence....... I go in for a closer look and there is a jumping spider hanging out under a leave and he is not afraid of me. He said " Thanks" and if I need anything just holler, that he owes me one!! I was like... cool!! I said while your down there it is a bitch for me to get that low and if you see any mites or such "Take`em Out"... He spent a good 10 minutes under the hood and gave her a clean bill of health!! He said he would stop back every Monday and Thursday for a check-up!! I said you are on!! I hope to see my new little buddy on Thursday!!! ...Peace.....

BUGS31.jpg

BUGS21.jpg

BUGS11.jpg

010983.JPG

THE BULLY

014642.JPG

THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO THIS THEN JUST GETTING STONED!!!!!!!!!

:420: :Namaste: :peace:

PS..
BUGS11.jpg

HE IS WEARING THE NEW COSTA DEL MAR`S THERE NOT EVEN IN THE CATALOG YET!! HE`S COOL!!!!

Howdy All and Happy Thursday, Just a few new pic`s and to say she is loving the extra space. I put her out side this morning but have her back inside now. The landlady is doing property cleaning on her side and don't want to risk her coming over this way. She hates the heat so I will just stick her back outside a bit later when I hear her AC unit running!! I hope to see my little buddy later on also, he was cool. I did bump her nuit`s up and the only thing I did notice was three different leaves had a very small amount of browning on only one of there tips. BUT only these three??? I am not worried because as you will see in the last few pic`s she is building a healthy new root system in the 1.5 gallon pot. It is now 10 days since, not the re-pot but stacking and this is a very good sign!!!

I did have a friend of mine mention that he would put her back at 24 on for 4 weeks. Being now that she defiantly re-established herself. He said this would help her catch up on the time she lost. I said with all the shit she has been through to get this far, I am not chancing anything. She should have died and if I was in a hurry I would have ordered new seeds and composted her!! It is just a matter of time that I will have the time and space of my own. Any and all things learned and accumulated will be applied then. This is just one of them.

0071315.JPG

0061390.JPG

0051577.JPG

0011854.JPG

0091076.JPG

0081204.JPG

She is happy and doing her thing and that is all that matters. She has come along way and it shows her strength, I hope this will be the same in her fruits!! Hope the same for you all and see you Sunday!!!
...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste: :high-five:

Subbed! Sorry I'm late, but hey, I made it, Traffic was terrible. Loving the look of your Florida grow. (Only been to Miami. Looong time ago. Absolutely loved it. It was weird AND fun). :laugh:

Yah, Miami is another country actually!!! I have been here in Fl. for 27 years now and only been there once. Not my cup of tea so-to-say!! Thanks for stopping by and will have some pic`s after church tomorrow...Peace.....

:420: :thanks: :peace:

Back
Top Bottom