Happy New Year - 2014 Attempt

Hello and Happy Easter and 420 marathon day!!!! Just got a up-date on the little girls progress and very happy as she is kicking ass. I did a few pic`s from 4/15 and yesterday to try and show 3 day intervals. She has new growth popping out and this last node is her first set of 7 tip leaves. Even the one set of leaves that have burns on them are fighting for light and sunshine. Also repositioning the fan from exhaust to blowing on her may have a positive effect also. The cabinet is 82* and falls to 80* at night but the air on her is allowing her to vent and is evaporating the soil mix. I can give her twice as much water with out worries of swamping her roots. It has been a very busy week and hope to get to applying CO2 this coming week. I plan, or more like will see how she pans out and continue 24 on for 4 more weeks. So hoping that will get her really going hard. Never worked to much with CO2 as almost all my time has been outside. With out stirring up an argument I am going with the saying " lights off - gas off". Being the plant only converts sugars and stimulates chlorophyll with sun/light source and CO2. So any dark time regardless of the duration is not necessary. I have heard that some will run a saturation of 80 to 90% CO2 for extreme infestations of grows. Instead of trying to spray many plants or quarantining them, just suffocate them. This is a new area for me but I am small scale and any knowledge I gain is to apply. In a more proper and not so half assed way down the road. These are the pic`s ...........

012734.JPG

THIS IS FROM 2WEEKS AGO

THIESE ARE FROM 4/15 TO SHOW 3 DAY INTERVILES

0011766.JPG

0021766.JPG

0041594.JPG

0051508.JPG

THESE ARE FROM 4/19 AND SHE IS TRYING HER ASS OFF!!!

0071255.JPG

011816.JPG

014624.JPG

016511.JPG

012740.JPG

013683.JPG

That is how she is coming along and she is very dense and her stem is very solid, just hope she stays low and will work on that with a bit more time. Hope all yours remain green and enjoy this day regardless, of if or what your beliefs are. We are more in common and share more then we care to admit, we all live, breathe, and die. Yet the competition and need to screw each other are where most choose to go.....just play nice!!!...Peace.....

Thanks and she is pumping it out, reminds me of corn plants. They say out in Nebraska on a quite night you can hear it grow. May hook my headphones up to the cabinet!!! Thanks for stopping by and ...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste: :peace:

Happy Frieday All, Just taking a moment to add some pic`s and update her progress. I have got a "bug" that has been going through work and just feel like crap. She is doing well and putting on a cm. of growth in height a day. I selected a pic from April 2nd and one from today to show what she was to has become. After 4 weeks she has done well and only wonder what she would be doing right now with out the 10-12 days she shut down. She is alive and live and learn!!

JUST A BEFORE AND AFTER 4/2~4/25
020347.JPG

012744.JPG

THESE ARE FROM WEDNESDAY AND THE LAST 5 ARE TODAYS TO SHOW 3 DAY SPREAD.

0031696.JPG

0041603.JPG

0071264.JPG

0051520.JPG

0091035.JPG

010954.JPG

012744.JPG

She is starting to look like a real plant and cant wait to see what 4 more weeks will do for her. Time to lay down and crash, I hate springtime / summer colds they feel worst and last two days longer. Hope your worlds a happy and green and looking forward to May Flowers!! ...Peace.....

Hello to All 420`ers, just made that up..........well just a weekly update of the little lady. As of this past Wednesday she was on her second set of 7 bladed leaves. I decided to pop her main sprout and she has not missed a beat. I did not put her outside at all and only ran the 120 watt 6K spectrum bulb. She is also still at 24 on. Yesterday was the first day I gave tea and upped the cabinet to all 250 watts of CFL. We also have shit weather since Thursday, no tornados but the tail of that front that tore up Alabama and Arkansas. So tomorrow will be the first day she gets some real sunlight. Also want to take a moment to say to the Cali growers hang in there, RL ~ Trich`s and the rest of the boys. Hope your all safe!!

We had that here back in 97-98 and they wanted to evacuate a hole county the fires got so bad, 600,000 people. They also went around with paint ball guns filled with alcohol (?) to start "controlled burns" that back fired. It was really bad and know what you are experiencing.

I thought it would slow her progress but she is now at 5 1/2 inches tall and her branch's are really starting to pop. Also the little pistil`s for sex are showing signs. I plan on keeping as low as I can and will most likely start her on 18/6 by next Saturday. Also seeing how she does over this next week, the nuit`s I have are for orchids. They are N-20% P-14% K-13% and say mix one Tablespoon per gallon and I am at one and a half Teaspoons per gallon and cut that in half. So I will start to amp up her mix and found this natural bone meal supplement. It`s has no potassium but is to be sprinkled on soil and watered in. It has slow release phosphorus and some nitrogen. It only has 6% nitrogen but it contains another 12% phosphorus. I cant say Blue Planet ****** but this other company has a chart and at a certain point in veg, these two should be increased as the plants need call for. The potassium should be bumped as it goes into flower. Any how this is what she is doing:

0091044.JPG

0081166.JPG

THESE NEXT THREE SHOW WHAT IS GOING ON AROUND HER STEM AND SEX PISTILS STARTING TO SHOW

0071276.JPG

0061352.JPG

0031711.JPG

I POP HER TOP WEDNESDAY AND SHE HAS PUT ON NO HEIGHT BUT HER BRANCHES GREW OUT AND ALSO HER ORIGINAL FIRST TWO SETS OF THREEE LEAVE DROPPED BY THEMSELFS. I WANT HER TO STAY AS LOW AS I CAN GET HER.

0021788.JPG

0011793.JPG

THIS LAST PIC`S FROM LAST Saturday TO GIVE A BETTER IDEA OF WHAT SHE IS DOING!!

012744.JPG

I THINK SHE IS HOLDING HER OWN AND AS BRANCHES INCREASE I WILL START PULLING THEM DOWN TO SHAPER HER INTO A SHRUB. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY AND BE SAFE WESTCOASTER`S AND KEEP IT GREEN...PEACE.....

Hello To All, It is only Tuesday but she freaked me out today and I believe she is going to be a she!! Or at least I think so and may be wrong but... is she is putting out female threads?? Also when I brought her in she is perfuming of ...what smells exactly like furniture polish//lemon~pine// Pledge!!! I put her in 18/6 on Monday and these show her size and inner growth.......I am Happy and just needed to put this out there. Asked RL for his thoughts and anyone else who thinks she is sexing at this size please confirm!! Check it out and see you Friday or Saturday!! ...Peace.....

SEX_5_67.jpg

SEX_5_66.jpg

SEX_5_64.jpg

SEX_5_63.jpg

SEX_5_62.jpg

SEX_5_61.jpg

0091044.JPG

SHE IS VERY COOL!!!

SEX_5_69.jpg

0031717.JPG

This is the best shot I can get of the threads I think are showing she is a girl. I have lights off for her at 9:00PM so w will she what tomorrow brings. ...Peace.....

:420: :thumb: :Namaste::Namaste:

Very nice to get the girl! Sweet update :goodjob:

Bob ;)

Thanks for stopping to take a peek and the confirmation. Also to add, I put her top I pinched off in my medicine chest to dry. It dried and I got one small toke off it and it worked really well !!!! She is a fighter to get this far and as long as she doesn't` hermie out. I know there will be some great treasures from her.....Thanks again and can`t wait till re-post come Saturday... Peace.....

0031720.JPG

0011800.JPG

:420: :thumb: :peace:

Hello To All 420`ers and Happy Mothers Day. Were we would be without her is nowhere!!!
Just got a few more pic`s and some info to share. I did bump up her tea with some nuit`s and got a little scare but soon realized it is her on her own. There is yellowing of lower leaves and I thought it may have been two big of an increase but noticed that the inner leaves. Growing off the stem did not become effected. She is transferring her energies to the new growth around stem and further up the top. She has 3 female pistils showing and was able to get a few pic`s. Getting the lens up close enough with out it being a blur is tough. I was thinking of trimming the ends of the 5 point fan leaves to help her out and expose the inner nub`s receive light. Will let her catch up a bit and give that a try as I want to keep her low but opened up. This is what she is doing as of this pasted Tuesdays pic`s............

THIS IS THE BIGGEST FEMALE THREAD AND IS NEARIST THE TOP, WERE I POPPED HER STEM LAST WEEK.

zoom_001.jpg

018416.JPG

HERE IS AN AIREIAL VIEW AND LOOKING GOOD FROM THERE.

016520.JPG

THIS IS HER SECOND 5 POINT AND IF THE NEXT IS A 7, I WANT TO START PULLING HER DOWN.
014632.JPG

011_zoom.jpg

011830.JPG

0041625.JPG

0031726.JPG

0011807.JPG

That is my little girl and I know it is MOM`S day but I am a happy papa right now!! I also hope the best to all your grows, the time and energies involved are important. But investing your hands and your will and looking to see HOW IT TURNS OUT over "the yield" or "grams per watt" is my goal. I don't know.....more passionate of the grow and not the pressure of having to produce...if you know what I mean. Thanks for stopping by for a peek and...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste: :peace: :Namaste:

Hello To All, Just some pic`s of a homemade CO2 delivery rig. It anit to pretty but it dam sure works and with a few little twists. This little bugger will handle what I need. I wanted this to be up and running 3-4 weeks ago but a wanted to be a millionaire by last year too. I am still renting!! So...!! With it in proto-type mode it will give me time to get up for a head to head with a winter grow. Two same strain and everything identical and shared,except CO2. I would like to add this grow is only one plant but it is about applying ideas and learning in order to expand in new directions and effects. This may seam comical but I have only one half a packet of bread yeast and 1/2 teaspoon of table sugar in the bottle. I mixed it at 7:30 PM and at 10:10 this was how much gas was produced. I was worried about the air stone but it has no trouble flowing through it. The size of the bottle is an issue and it is a snap on top and not a screw on. I have a smaller 16 oz. bottle that the top screw`s on so there is less chance of a leak. Also the internal area is 1/2 the size where the gas is produced. Forcing it to be pushed out and being more efficient. With the bottle next to the CFL hood in the cabinet, will allow the mixture to stay at 90 to 100 degrees promoting the yeast to stay active. So I plan on still putting her outdoor for supplemental sunshine but on rainy days or staggering every other day a whole CO2 applications. Just leave her in the bag under CFL for 18 hours. The amount of gas produced is not large or can I actually measure. I am guesting!! No science but the formula for the volume of a cylinder. I figure I am filling only 600 cubic inches, ( a 8 inch pot and 12 inch`s in height) compared to the whole cabinet at 6X4X4 feet. I packet of yeast is enough for 3 to 4 big round loaves of bulk bread. the bag I am filling will hold one and a half loaves. So it is a guess-ta-met as to the ppm in the bag. I do know that amount of yeast and sugar cost about 20 cents. I can get a bottle of brewer`s yeast that will allow me to use a full packet worth instead of 1/2, doubling the amount of produced CO2. Because of the size of the bottle, it is like 8 cents a application. So for a jury rig set-up and no cost to apply, about $1.50 for 20 applications a month. ANY increase in growth or health of the plant is not a joke but to see it you have no choice but to say WTF is that!! Got a few pic`s to show it and I let her get rained on today for the first time. She got a good shower of liquid nitrogen and I washed behind her ears. Also will be pulling her down, cant find pipe cleaners in area stores??? There is a tobacco shop and craft store that a bit of a haul but will find them there tomorrow. She dropped her 2 lower sets of three`s and her first or 5`s have yellowed out. So I clipped them back to open up her stem growth. She is on her way and here we go.......

THESE FIRST 4 ARE THE BAG AND BOTTLE AND AIR STONE. THE BAG ON THE LEFT IS A STANDARD GROCERY PRODUCE BAG TO SEE HOW FAST SHE FILLS IT. I AM PLANNING ON HAVEING HER AT 18/6 FOR 6 MORE WEEKS GIVE OR TAKE. WHEN I RE-POT HER IN TWO MORE WEEKS I CAN AJUST THE SUPPORTS TO ELIVATE AS SHE GAINS HIEGHT.

014635.JPG

011833.JPG

012755.JPG

015575.JPG

SHE GOT A GOOD WASH AND I GOT 100 GALLONS OF FRESH RAIN WATER.

0021804.JPG

0031731.JPG

0051546.JPG

THIS FIRST PIC`S ONE INCH OF RAIN AN HOUR AND THE SECOND IT ALMOST 3 INCHES AN HOUR!!

I GOT THE AIR STONE AND HOSE FROM MY BUDDIE, SO THE YEAST IS THE MOST CASH INVESTED ~ $1.00 FOR 3 PACKETS. PLUS WHEN I DOUBLE THE AMOUNT OF YEAST AND REDUCE THE BOTTLE SIZE BY HALF, I WILL HAVE GAS FLOWING IN LESS THEN 30 MINUTES OF HER 18 HOURS ON.

011833.JPG

017472.JPG

018417.JPG

021346.JPG

I PLACED THE BOTTLE NEXT TO MY LAPTOP FAN TO KEEP IT WARM. SO IF I FIND PIPE CLEANERS I WILL HAVE SOME PIC`S BY SUNDAY OR MONDAY OF HOW SHE IS LOOKING. I FIGURED THEY WILL WORK BEST AND I HAVE NEVER REALLY ATTEMPTED TYING THEM DOWN. OUTDOORS WE ONLY TIED THEM TO A STAKE WHEN THEY GOT TOP HEAVY AND YOU NEVER WANTED TO GO BACK AND FORTH TO YOUR GROWS EVEN WEEKLY. HAVING YOUR OWN PROPERTY IS A BLESSING.... AND COOL NEIHBORS HELPS ALSO!!!! THANKS FOR STOPPING BY AND WILL SEE YAH ON THE BOUND...Peace.....

Hey RL as you posted on 5/11 " This thing needs to grow, is she stunted"?? If you can't tell me, I can only wonder myself. She gets a good watering every seven days and I give her 2oz. twice a day every two days after good soak. While inside her cabinet that is at 82* and the 100cfm fan blowing on her and soil by day 3 she has lost half the water weight in the pot. So it is not root rot or a skunky ball and I have a chop stick I shove down to the bottom. I will leave it in over night and pull it in the morning... almost like checking a cake. It is damp but not muddy.....if you get my drift. Her stem base has gone from 4 cm to 6 in the last 10 days and she is outdoors in direct sun not shaded for a 6 hour average. That leaves 12 more hours of 240 watts, divided at 6k (blue/veg spectrum) and 3.2k (red/orange flower). What ever happened to her from a seedling may be why... but if she never gets more then knee high would not bother me in the least. I did get a little scare last night, I tried to get back on site and it would not let me log in or contact admin`s, nothing just re-directed back to the home page. I figured they had an issue or finally had enough of my shit!! Anyhow I mean well and they should talk to my MOM if they think they have their hands full!! I got yelled at for adding the link for the dynamic genealogy chart...and I know they are looking at because it is way cool!! Then the off topic rain pic`s I snuck in my post ( glad you enjoyed by the way!!) I think a buzzer goes off every time I post something at the 420 HQ !!

I am just watching her do what she wants and will post weekly updates. Every plant is different and this one has her own rules. She has been in the this pot for 6 weeks now and was planning to leave her in it for 2 or more weeks. Looking underneath at the drain wholes there is no sign of any roots showing. The one thing I did hear from others using CFL`s is that due to the lower wattage or if you don't use multiple bulbs. That the plants will nurture or concentrate energies to the stem and root system. So if she will be a bonsai Afghani X Skunk!!

Peace to you and the words I wrote I meant and I know their are others that would say the same. You efforts speak for themselves, were as many here need to show and tell you what they have done. I may catch shit for these but.................. this is my backdoor and the second my front door, I thank God everyday.................. Stay green!!!...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste: :thanks:

Howdy 420`ers, A lovely Sunday over this away and got a few weekly pic`s to share. I have afro- engineered a CO2 applicator that she has only been under for one day. So this set of photos will be the start criteria to see if it helps her out. As you can see and commented on, she is either really lazy or has a mind of her own. Thursday afternoon I tied her down by the two splits were I popped her top. Never have attempted this and this is a first and what comes of it we will see. Was looking for pipe cleaners in my area drug stores and super markets but could not find them. There is a " tobacco shop" and hobby store in a strip mall here but that is 25 minutes away and very lazy. I just used some spider wire fishing string, it is soft like dental floss and tied a dead loop. Then hooked that to some copper picture hanging wire. She took to it OK and with her losing a few lower sets of her first three`s it opened up a bit. She is only at 5 inches tall after being tied. One shot has a twig and a pencil to show the difference between them, is the growth in her stem in last 7ish days. She has great color and just going to give her 7 more days. Why she is growing at this pace is a mystery BUT I don't care. May just re-pot her but she has room in the pot and the last thing she needs is to slow down even more from the shock. Well take a peek and just pretend she is the size of a basketball and not a grapefruit!!...Peace.....

THESE 3 SHOW HER LOWER HALF AND THE RULER WILL TRACK HER HEIGHT FROM HERE ON

0011815.JPG

0031735.JPG

0041631.JPG

THESE SHOW HER FROM THE TOP SIDE AND SHE DOES LOOK PREETY......JUST VERY SMALL!!

0021807.JPG

0051549.JPG

0061370.JPG

0071293.JPG

0081180.JPG

Like I said if she is only knee high in 8 - 10 more weeks so be it.....and the truth is it will be very cool!!!!

Best to all with your grows and Peace in your worlds!!!!!!

:420: :Namaste: :thumb:

Thanks for the words of hope and optimism!! Just farting around seeing the site and added a few pic`s of her under the baggy. I have only had her in there 3 times and it was for about 5 hours each time. I have lights on for 4:00 AM as I leave for work very early. I put her out side at 12:00 to 5:00 PM and then she is back inside, under the baggie till 10:00 PM//lights off. I am off tomorrow and she will be out at 8:00 AM till 1:00 this will give her about 9 hours under the CO2. I plan on doing this for a week and then start bumping her nuit`s as I am hoping the CO2 will help her utilize them fully. Also this is my only use ever with gas and what I heard was it is no help at lights off. I have heard (read) during night time the plants still processes' sugars and amino acids that it will need to start photosynthesis in AM. So there is still gas in the bag when lights shut and if it can store it in its leaves it has it available. I do know she is VERY GREEN when she comes out. A buddy mentioned using baking soda but said it is best for large plants at 12/12 and needs to be diffused into another bottle ( like a bong) and then tapped to plant. This way ( with yeast) is cool because it is slower, not as instant or as "energetic". I did have to adjust the amount of water as to much. It bubbled up into the hose and plugged up the air stone. They say a large natural sponge like the kind you can get for washing your car work well also. Take a peek....

THIS IS FIRST COUPLE OF MINUTES AND YOU CAN SEE THE BAG IS SAGGING.

0011817.JPG

THESE ARE ABOUT 20 MINUTES INTO IT AND SHOW IT FILLING UP BUT NOT A BALLOON, ALSO IT PRODUCES CONDENSATION INSIDE THE BAGGIE.

0031737.JPG

010971.JPG

011836.JPG

AS FOR GROWING IN A CUP CHRONICHEMPHOG, THEY DONT CALL IT WEED FOR NOTHING!!

42074.jpg

I have friends in Kentucky that grow outside and have a few that grow straight out the side of a shale face ledge. It`s spring feed but at a slow trickle and they bored out holes the size of 5 gallon buckets. Then mix clay pellets and sandy soil and fill the holes with it. Once the plants are 4 weeks old they stick them in and let them do there thing. Way cool!!! Well diner time and American Pickers!! Will post progress shot this weekend and cant wait... "What she lacks in size, she makes up for in character". Enjoy what is offered and...Peace.....

Back
Top Bottom