Happy New Year - 2014 Attempt

Thanks for the words. I thought she was a goner for sure, and the people next door who had their property sprayed. Have azalea's and some other ornamental plants that got burned, so I think the technician or who ever mixes the stuff they spray messed up. My plant got screwed from the over spray // mist. They have two 5 year old azalea`s that where in full bloom but now have no pedals on them.

Thank goodness, goofyfoot, she's coming back around it seems. :) :goodjob:

HELLO ALL, I could not wait till Thursday and had to show her rehab pic`s. These are from 3:30 this afternoon and she is REACHING TOWARD THE HEAVENS!! Her little nodes/leaves were straight horizontal when I opened her cabinet at 1:00 o`clock. I put her in the sun and went in to get a banana and water, as I sat and stared at her. In less then 5 minutes the leaves had folded along the center`s and she was standing tall. WAY F`IN COOL!!!

She is getting my vote for come back of the year!! I have all day tomorrow to stay home and give her a good 8 to 10 hour dosage. I included the 7-day forecast for here and this passed weekend may have been the last real low pressure with any real cool air in it. We had been at 78-84* average all last week. Friday through Sunday it was 62 to 70* high and lows in the 42/45* to 50* range. With humidity around 40% and there calling for it to start to raise in the 50%/60% range. The spring breakers are heading out and there are a bunch of sunburned ass`s heading north!!

Its intensity for April would be like June for most other states. I would like to find a house with a drained below ground pool and put a Plex-I glass green house over it with AC!! With a 6 foot deep diving section and 8 foot tall house with the roof. I wonder what some 100% sativa`s would do from March to September. Climate controlled and with the strength of this summer sunshine at 78* / 62* and 35% to 40%??!! I got my fingers crosses!! Any how this is her in all her glory..........

alive.jpg

THIS WAS LAST THURDAY.....

4_2_2014_001.JPG

4_2_2014_002.JPG

4_2_2014_003.JPG

4_2_2014_004.JPG

4_2_2014_005.JPG

This is were she is at and not only has she added a node. There is another starting to show and she added a 1/2 an inch in high. I mixed a fresh batch of tea this morning and will start to add a few nuit`s to it.

I am using "Better Grow-Orchid Plus" it is just as a supplement and very dilute. They suggest one teaspoon per gallon every 14 to 21 days. I mix 1/2 teaspoon to a gallon and take 2 oz. of that to 16 oz. of tea. The tea is equal parts potting soil and worm crap and molasses. All the minor elements are "chelated" so they get absorbed and utilized with out needing to be processed by soil or enzymes. So a mist bottle works great for foliar feeds and lessens chance of lock out or burning. The NPK is at 20-14-13 and has no added sulfur or calcium. I use sulfured molasses and add a splash of tap water. Our city water has a shit load of calcium added to it add they say not to use on your plants. The only things that may hurt them are the chlorine and fluoride. These will dissipate if left uncovered and out in the sun. Both are in there as gases and direct sun light kills chlorine, so in 6 hours your cool. I use almost only rain water and the tap water is 2 0z`s here and there for the calcium. If we get no rain we have a local Drug Store here in town I wont say the name but they have a dispenser for 35 cents a gallon or $1.50 for 5 gallons. Double R/O`ed, ozonized water. Looks like a soda machine outside the building and you lift the door insert the jug or bucket. Then add the change!! Very cool!! That is it for now and I am happy she is coming back around...hope all is and remains green in your worlds, enjoy what life deals you and ...Peace.....

She is looking so happy now! Lets hear it for all green leaves!

I would love to see a pool based grow with sun as the light and everything else controlled. For our 100+ F southern friends with 90% humiditiy that would be a very cool solve. Of course the AC bill for a month would exceed the house payment but hey, for good bud, it's all worth it right?

Bob ;)

She's looking really happy! I love your pool/greenhouse idea. :):thumb:

Happy Frieday All,

Got home around 1:00 today and set her out in her spot and she is loving the sunshine. She is also very thirsty, I don't have a soil hydrometer (?) what ever the guys with the cash call them. The soil is very aerated with double the amount of perlite, charcoal nuggets and crushed coquina shell they use to install pavers. I just eye ball it, I will give her 4 oz.`s and wait 5 minutes and she gives back 2 oz.`s I pour that back in and in 5 minutes more there is only 1 oz. in the catch saucer. I do that before I leave in morning and before I crash at night. That's been the norm for the last 7 days, the humidity is low and she is getting a good breeze, plus the cabinet run`s at 78 to 81 with no fan on. She has been 24 on and if it was not for her getting screwed up for 12 days... who knows?? She has a some deep burgundy/purple showing in her leaf stems and she is really developing each day. Will add a few pic`s next Wednesday or Thursday.

The best news is the landlady is already running her AC unit...YESSSSSS!!!!! I will not run mine for two more months so this means MORE WATTS!!! She has bad allergies and her unit runs all day and night. My utilities are included so I can drop another 240 watts in CFL`s and there will be no notice!! I am positive I could get a combo unit 600 watt MH /HPS with out any worries. It is the cash factor of the purchase price of the unit compared to 4 60 watt 3.2K CFL`s. Maybe next year but the fact she is running her AC means I will have no concern`s about my cabinet!! Hope the weekend is green and sunny it will be here, enjoy it and ...Peace.....

:420: :thumb:

Hello AMK, true story... a friend of mine had a large back property with great SW sun profile and there was a 6 foot wooden slat fence around it. He got a Troy Built mini tiller and a few case`s of beer and wings. We used it to dig a trench 4 feet wide and 4 feet deep, plus almost 25/30 feet long. As it broke up the soil in a small section we just shoveled it out and spread it all over the back yard. We put a grade to it so it was almost 5 feet at the far end. We added a bag of river rocks and set in and old sump pump with a float in that end for drainage. When his plants got to 2-1/2 / 3 feet tall we just arranged them on milk crates in it till they got to be about 4 foot. Then just set them on the bottom of the trench. His plants got to almost 6-7 feet but with a few tomato's, dill, cilantro and basil growing along side you could not tell. Plus you could just jump down it to the ditch to lift them out. It was well worth the time and beer but I like the pool idea better. So don't raise the bridge, lower the water!! Enjoy the weekend and get it green!!! ...Peace.....

Well Doc there is a solution to that!!! I can make a small one with a cooling fan or oil cooler for a motorcycle and a circulator pump for a 55 gallon fish tank. Plus an 44 quart or bigger cooler and some flex-I plastic tubing. I have 20 years experience in restaurants and maintenance on ice machines and cooler//freezers //walk-ins. I have figured out a way to scale it to an ice maker / machine that has a 1000 pound storage bin. A bin size that is 6x4x4 feet..ish. They have a drain hole in the lower corner and by plugging it and using cheap 15.00 dollar 50 foot garden hose`s. 8 or 400 feet but left coiled up and them set in the bin. As the bin fills and ice will melt and cant drain so you have 200 gallons of ice water covering these coils // are soaking in. With a 120 volt outdoor fountain pump and moving the drain hole up the side 2 feet from bottom allows an outlet for the 400 feet of hose that are full of gallons of ice water that the pump circulates through evaporator panels, that are just like a car radiators working backward. The fan pushes the air over the cold fins chilling the air in the room. The melted ice is use to create more ice by the machine which has an adjustment so it turns off when the ice gets to high in the bin. a simple elbow pipe at the 3 1/2 foot level of bin will allow the machine to drain if need be. The actual cost of this restaurant equipment, used or from a bankrupt restaurant is LOW!!!!!! With a simple home thermostat setting to 76 high or 65 low is nothing for it. They have to run at below 40 degrees and during business hours run there ass off to try and keep up. In this situation the operating cost and being the ice water is always maintained because the machine will make 10 pounds an hour to keep the level. Once it is up and running it is no more then a window unit for a spare bedroom. I do think a lot and very mechanically oriented. I have the blue prints!! Just patiently waiting!!! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the weekend!!...Peace.....

I guess only Relaxed got the joke about Nice Dreams
Cheech and Chong pool grow

I noticed you do not have a signature with a link to your journal in it. Here is everything you should need to know to post a link to your journal in your signature.

How To Add Links To Signatures

Hello To All 420 people and Happy Frieday.

I have a few pic`s to show what she has achieved since last week. She is full of vigor and is putting out new growth steadily. The 12 days she was in a coma she is trying to make up for, which is a very good thing!!! I did have a little OOP`S!! The first pic is from last Fri/Sat. and when I went to feed her I dropped her spray bottle and the trigger thingy broke off when I stepped on it!! It was just a shit 3.00 dollar mist bottle. So I did something stupid and grabbed a different one, poured the little bit of juice into it and started to mist her. After a few more sprays I put her back in the cabinet for the night. In the morning is when I noticed the coloration of the leave and it hit me. The empty bottle had been used for tomato`s prier to her feeding and there may or was still some left in the draw tube and spray head. We had gotten a good rain that night so I rinsed her with fresh rain water. The new growth you see in the pic`s from today with no discolor or burn, was the just forming node back when this happened. There is a little burn and discoloration from the mix being .....a bit hot!!
Those two sets of leaves are the only one affected and what she has grow in these last 4 days is assume. There is a nice burgundy vein in all the stems and little sprouts on inside stem forming. She is looking like she may be a shrub candidate. Will just see how she progress`s and if she can survive my stupidity!! I have never tried the "fluxing" trick and her stem is FAT for her height. Tric`s got an assume lady going ape shit in his world and I don't want to screw her up, having never "INTENTIONALLY" mauled a plant like that. Anyhow getting ahead of myself. Here are the pic`s of her week and I stuck one in for RL, sending him some Florida night light to bring back some thoughts. I will hear shit about it but it is a pretty photo...

THIS IS LAST WEEK SHOWING THE LITTLE MISHAPES WITH THE SPRAY FEEDING//
IMG_0007_7_.JPG

ALL THE NEW GROWTH IS IN 5 DAYS AS IF THE MISTAKE ONLY HELPED HER, BUT NOT RECCOMMENEDING REPEATING IT
0071244.JPG

0081141.JPG

0091021.JPG

010942.JPG

011809.JPG

012734.JPG

AND SENDING A LITTLE FLORIDA LOV`IN TO THE WESTSIDE....RL

AND I WOULD LIKE TO THANK KingJohnC for the input on how to do the signature on the post... I would send you a "rep" points but don't know how or if I can???!!! the little green box`es under avatar thingy's.

Hope it all stays green for you guys and enjoy the weekend!!!!! ...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste: :thumb:

you add user rep to their post on the bottom of their post next to blog this post theres a star
to add to users rep

What is reputation?

Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the reputation icon will be visible in posts.

Reputation may be positive Positive Reputation Icon , negative Negative Reputation Icon or neutral Neutral Reputation Icon. Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.

How do I give reputation?

To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.

How do I know what reputation I have received?

You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.

How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?

If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.

What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?

You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.

Setting and Profile Features

Hey All thanks for taking the time to stop by. I just got done jury rigging the fan to the back of cabinet to cool it down abit. It was the beginning of March when I first started this set-up and it was 58~64* outside still. Now that were are averaging 82~84*and not running the AC it is getting up to 86*+ inside cabinet. I just re-ran it backward, so it is drawing air in instead of exhausting. A bonus for now she has air blowing directly on her and with leaving the doors cracked a bit. It is pushing the air out and she is still at 24 on. So I am not concerned about light getting in. By the time I put her at 18~6 I will be running the AC and will have it back exhausting out as it draws in 78* AC`ed air and doors shut tight for the 6 hours of off. problem solved!!
The last pic`s I took were on 4/11 and in just these 3 days she is taking off and it is way cool. We also got some good clouds building up as my rain barrel is getting low. Feed your babies angles tears and you cant go wrong!! Got the camera battery charging up and will click a few later and again Saturday to show 3 days of growth cycle. She is in her bigger pot 2 weeks as of today. I know she is filling it with lovely roots.

I have an idea for a CO2 delivery system when she is inside her house and that is the next step. This will be straight up afro-engineering using yeast, molasses, an empty shampoo bottle, plastic flex house and clear trash bag. You all have seen the metal wire / mesh cones you use to support tomato plants. Well picture a small one made from plastic tubing or plastic hook hangers, to mimic that shape. That will support the trash bag and it will engulf the entire pot and be tucked underneath. So the weight of the pot will seal it. 8 oz.`s of warm water and 2 tablespoons of brewers or bakers yeast and 1 teaspoon molasses, in the VERY thoroughly washed shampoo bottle. If you notice on the cap there is a little nib where the shampoo comes out, they have plastic tubing at the hardware store. It will squeeze over it and zip tie or even a piece of wire / bread twist will hold it. Then a small air stone for a fish tank. Place a piece of duck tape inside the top part of the bag and just poke a very small hole to shove the plastic end of the air stone out. Attach the other end of the plastic tube from the shampoo bottle with the yeast and the sugar water. Some Elmer's glue will seal it from the outside of bag. The amount of CO2 released is a "guest-amit"..... (( and this is done / repeated every day just unscrew bottle and pour out old yeast mix make a new batch in measuring cup and pour in)) from my baking experience that amount of yeast is enough for 5 to 6 of those big`ass round rye or pumpernickel loaves. I have no way to figure a PPm and don't care to. What I see is I am only having to fill less then a cubic yard of space!! You can find the formula on ehow for the cubic feet of a cylinder... but a 12 inch pot and a 18 inch tall support for the bag. The cubic feet of the CO2 environment is 1.2 cubic feet not the entire cabinet!!.....so I am saying at least 600~ 800 PPm for a guest. The good thing is if it is higher it will not hurt the plants, only any bugs that sneak in from her time outside!!! BONUS!!!!!!!

I will get pic`s of this one for sure and you would want the bottle near the lights because the heat from them will ensure the water/yeast mixture is around 90~100*............so for $10 bucks or less you can have all the CO2 you need. Down the road as she increases in size, I have seen clear garment bags that zip closed!! Just get a bigger bottle and increase mixture 3X !! Who said pot inhibits your mind??? You have to be stoned to think like this!!! The pictures will help it make sense for any none believers!! Hope you all have happy green thoughts and will have some pic`s Saturday. She is putting out another node as I type and who knows where she will be come then!!! ...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste: :peace:

Back
Top Bottom