Harlequin CRT: what does CRT stand for?

Curly Beaver

I had one "Harlequin CRT" seed that was gifted to me awhile back. It is doing very well but I can not remember what the CRT stands for.
Does anyone remember it from several years ago?

can't really tell, but it must have some meaning
:laughtwo: No, don't think that's it. Critical Race Theory? No, that's probably not it it either so I have no idea. :hmmmm:

Edit: probably has something to do with the genetics. The "C" could be for the Columbian, and the "T" from the Thai. The third leg was from a Swiss strain, but not listed. From WikiLeaf:

About Harlequin​

History & Genetics​

Harlequin is a CBD-rich strain whose popularity predated the recent wave of non-psychoactive medical CBD strains like Charlotte’s Web. Harlequin is the sativa-dominant product of several different landrace strains: 1970s favorite Colombian Gold, Thai and Swiss sativa landraces, and a Nepali indica variety. It was created by Mr. Green of the House of David Collective.

I had one "Harlequin CRT" seed that was gifted to me awhile back. It is doing very well but I can not remember what the CRT stands for. Does anyone remember it from several years ago?
I love mysteries.

First, Harlequin CBD is different than Harlequin... so, maybe "CRT" was just a typo somewhere along the line. Whereas the original Harlequin is a 1:1 THC/CBD variety (e.g. 7%/7%, but with phenotypic differences), Harlequin CBD* is a chemotype 3 strain with THC around 0.5%. Very different. (*Sometime called CBD Harlequin 1:18.)

If not that, my top guess is that it's Harlequin x Critical, or Harlequin x Critical Mass, or Harlequin x Critical Soma. "CRT" is often used as an abbreviation for "Critical"

Before I arrived at the above two most-likely explanations, I was thinking...

..."Cannabinoid Replacement Therapy," which refers to treatments for cannabis withdrawal, usually pharmaceutical drugs. In this case, Harlequin – which is high in CBD – is well known for providing a mild high that is free from negative THC effects, hence it helps when trying to quit the heavy-duty stuff. In this case, the "replacement" is CBD...

"Cannabis consumers overwhelmingly report that they experience no paranoia or anxiety when they ingest Harlequin, and some say it even cures anxiety and paranoia brought on by other, more THC-rich strains. For those who think cannabis is too strong these days, and are prone to nervousness, anxiety, and lethargy as side effects, Harlequin may seem ideal."

...Harlequin CBD even more so than the original Harlequin.

Ironically, there is another CRT related to this CRT! That is, "choice reaction time," and refers to a substance's effect on the cognitive reaction time of a test subject to various stimuli, and is often referred to with respect to drivers of vehicles...

"These tests assess the patient's ability to maintain attention and vigilance for the target stimulus and the ability to inhibit responses to the nontarget stimuli. Individual differences are difficult to interpret owing to large inter‐ and intrapatient variability." [source: ScienceDirect]​

Some types of Harlequin have very high CBD (18+%), and hence, the high produced from it would not effect your reaction time when driving a car. Maybe. Ha ha.

The only other reference to "CRT" in the cannabis world, that I can find is... it's an abbreviation for "cartridge", meaning vape cartridge.

:ciao:

Back
Top Bottom