Harvest time?

bmo420

Is 90% - 100% orange hairs enough to know its time to harvest? Or can all thw hairs change and the buds still not be ripe? Or amberd trichs

You want to go by trich color. Hairs can be all sorts of colors at all stages of flowering. You want to get a magnifying glass or jeweler loupe. You can then look closely at your trichs. I personally like 60% milky and 40% amber. But I like to not be glued to a couch lol

I know your supposed to look at trichs but I cannot tell what stage my trichs are in so is it safe to assume that since the hairs are all orange, and they are on day 56 of flowering that trichs are mostly milky/amber rather than clear

There should be ur desired level of amber trichs, amber and receded pistils, and swollen calyx. Any two of these are a good sign its ripe and ready. Enjoy..

There should be ur desired level of amber trichs, amber and receded pistils, and swollen calyx. Any two of these are a good sign its ripe and ready. Enjoy..

Very well said each has his own taste of what this medicine does for them and were to harvest and when to let go a little longer. I am one that likes a mix I don't want to be glued to the couch all day so a mixed harvest on the same plant can provide two completely different affects when used. A loupe , is a cheap way to be certain, $13.00 for a 30x 25mm LED lighted loupe. So up to you and your personal preference as to how you like your smoking gear to be. Best of luck, Peace OG.

I have a 10x jewelers loupe and a 60x magifying loupe .. But have trouble gettin a good image so close to the plants not wanting to damage trichs. I take pics with my phone through the 10x loupe and when I zoom on the pic I get a decent picture, I don't really see amber tho, mostly cloudy and clear.. How long would cloudy trichs take to amber?

I have a 10x jewelers loupe and a 60x magifying loupe .. But have trouble gettin a good image so close to the plants not wanting to damage trichs. I take pics with my phone through the 10x loupe and when I zoom on the pic I get a decent picture, I don't really see amber tho, mostly cloudy and clear.. How long would cloudy trichs take to amber?

I hear yah on the focus factor with the loupe just takes a little practice and you will get the distance right, once you have that down it will be super easy to see, I too thought on my last outdoor harvest that the plants were ready based on the pistals, did not have a loupe at that time, and almost all the pistals were an orangish/red color. So I harvested, had to anyway due to rain and tornado warnings, but once the plant was dried and cured an I had the loupe all trichs were still clear, good smoke but not as good as if it had anoter 7-9 days. Again depends on the high you want and what your are treating, Peace OG.

Keep checking the trichs for he next 5-7 days and watch the difference .

Back
Top Bottom