Heat in my grow room is becoming a big problem

Chuck the tent and build a proper Grow closet. Get yourself a DIY co2 kit and get your ventilation straight! There are such thing as evaporative coolers but they're cheap, high maintenance and usually useless though. 80-85 degrees farenheight is edging on too hot. But with co2 supplementation, 85 becomes a growable environment. TS, Guy and tats all have good advice I hope you're able to get that heat under control. Idk where on earth you are, but in my half of the world it's getting cooler .

Let me tell you what I did. My grow is in a gorilla lite line 2 x 21/2 tent. Under the stairs in a closet. With six inch fans in and out, with carbon filter. We used flex duct and ducted the exhaust through the wall, so no air is stagnant in the closet space. I put a small grille in the door, and placed my flex right by it, so it pulls fresh air constantly. No more problems with heat and humidity. Stays around 70 degrees F. And humidity around 50. It was a cheap and effective fix.

Why the intake fan? Weak exhaust fan, or...?

Like 80% to 90% of the food crops that homo sapiens lives on are currently being grown in locations where - and consists of crops that - when the global averages jump ten degrees or so, will no longer be tennable... and you're worried about whether or not people will still be able to grow their smoke?

Well, f*ck, I'd be worried about it, too. After all, when you're starving to death, aint nothing a person wants more than a good buzz.

Or, you know... something to eat :icon_roll .

OtOH, Alaska ought to be warm enough to grow food AND cannabis. That's mostly permafrost now, up to what, 30' thick? So... what grows good in a swamp, lol?

No need to be hostile and assume the worst about peoples' intentions or understanding of the issue. This isn't a forum about other crops, so check yo self.

His sarcasm is very unique but TS means no harm he's just funny

If that's considered friendly exchange of ideas, I'll just look for another forum. I don't need to belong here, I'm not looking to hang with the cool kids, I am interested in the exchange of ideas. And I can take a joke, but those comments were hostile. Who said I was worried about anything??

lol no don't go, he takes a little getting used to I think we had a back and forth once, but I'm sorry you felt his humor was at you're expense. Brush it off and keep going man, this forum is worth sticking around for dude.
I'm worried about climate change too my dude, it's kind of becoming an obvious issue as of late.

I recognize hostility and superciliousness when I see them. Sometimes when we jump to conclusions about others' meanings and intentions we step in shit.

Yes, but I'll not hold it against you ;) .

I just meant that your concern is part of a much larger issue (IMHO). I probably could have been somewhat clearer, I suppose. I hereby apologize for posting in such a way that you misunderstood.

Ironically, I've been skipping "a few" meals this year due to budgetary concerns - and the few times that someone has stopped by with a bowl to share, I completely forgot about being hungry, lol.

Why the intake fan? Weak exhaust fan, or...?

The intake pulls air in and the exhaust pulls hot air out, and I have negative air pressure.

Yes, but I'll not hold it against you ;) .

I just meant that your concern is part of a much larger issue (IMHO). I probably could have been somewhat clearer, I suppose. I hereby apologize for posting in such a way that you misunderstood.

Ironically, I've been skipping "a few" meals this year due to budgetary concerns - and the few times that someone has stopped by with a bowl to share, I completely forgot about being hungry, lol.

I appreciate your words. Now weed may not get us through times with no food, but I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. I think this world in its current state would possibly be more than I could take. And I think everyone around here gets that.

lol no don't go, he takes a little getting used to I think we had a back and forth once, but I'm sorry you felt his humor was at you're expense. Brush it off and keep going man, this forum is worth sticking around for dude.
I'm worried about climate change too my dude, it's kind of becoming an obvious issue as of late.

Ok, ok, I'll stick around. I love hanging out with tortured souls and grumpy grouches, because people who are happy w/ status quo make me wanna barf.

What I don't understand is why someone wouldn't try. I made a suggestion about the swamp cooler......did anyone try it? I have a sealed tent, beside my furnace in the basement. Last week the furnace came on and raised my temperatures significantly..... so I figured out a way to control them.....NO AC, NO OUTSIDE AIR......for the $40 it cost to make it, why not try it. Obviously pulling outside air in will cool things, that's not what Usernames asking. He's doing a stealth grow, last thing he needs to do is start cutting the drywall open in the closet to run pipes for cooling. If it doesn't work, do 2? Yes it will in crease humidity, but if you've already got high temps, RH in the 50-60 range isn't gonna hurt. Lights on at night, fans etc are all going to help.

I'll be trying it, I just need to get a few bits for it hope it works!

I'll be trying it, I just need to get a few bits for it hope it works!
Keep it as full as you can, the bottom of the bucket should hold at least a gallon of water. Drill all of your holes at least 1/2 way up and do a trial run. I found that my little pump had enough pressure to force the water through the filter material , so I actually did two layers of filter material inside my bucket. Making the inside one slightly taller so that when my coil of plastic tubing sat on top of the lower one on the outside, it's sprayed in inwards against the taller one and therefore could trickle down through the inside layer and back down into the reservoir. Here it is completed as well as my shopping cart so you know what to ask for at Lowes lol. Good luck and PM me with any concerns.
420-magazine-mobile240771795.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1918062548.jpg
the coil of black tubing and the grease fittings were for a different project so don't worry LOL.

Back
Top Bottom