Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

And we just keep rollin, grow buds! I finally had some time + energy to address the Candida cuttings in perlite. I had some interesting results.

There were three that had no root development at all (trash). They were the smallest cuttings and I’m guessing they were too far away from the water.
These four were medium/large cuttings and did have roots.
0BE50AAE-CE2C-4313-A781-3CC6692A0E97.jpeg

These three had tiny roots forming, but all’s ya need is one! If I was concerned that these wouldn’t make it (if planted), I would place them back in the perlite and refill the water to 1/3 full. They’re still nice and green, I think they would likely survive at this point though, even that third one with the tiny nub.
0D5DE354-E5D8-40A6-9965-DD8EEC63AF3B.jpeg
Now this one - - - buff!
0A1BB8B8-71F0-4C7C-BD8A-86BA46E67E15.jpeg
This was the biggest cutting I took and it was the deepest into the cup of as well. The roots look grey at the ends in the pic, but it’s just the shadow from my flash, they’re all nice white and healthy looking roots. I kept the one with the biggest set of roots and put her into some recycled promix.

I added her to the 3x3, went to get my camera and the lights were out! I guess I finished up just in time.

And Candida goes on!

Once the new cutting takes to her new house, I’ll get rid of the older Candida. I like doing it this way rather than maintaining a mother, at least for now. The little solo cup takes such a small space and it’s easy to make these transitions once every month or two.

That’s all I have to share today. :) I hope you’re all doing well!

Great roots! Tomorrow will be my first attempt at perlite cloning (just one cutting), so I hope I get roots that look like yours. :)

And Candida goes on!
:high-five:
Once the new cutting takes to her new house, I’ll get rid of the older Candida. I like doing it this way rather than maintaining a mother, at least for now. The little solo cup takes such a small space and it’s easy to make these transitions once every month or two.
I should really do that rather than keep a mother and have to keep trimming and root pruning.... :hmmmm:

Hi again grow friends! I finished trimming up blackberry kush, I’m a little bummed, she dried much faster than I’d like, but I didn’t have much control over the area they were drying in, so... I guess I get what I get! She’s to 60% in the turkey bag right now, so she may lose some of her weight by the finish. The buds I’ve smoked fresh off the dry have been a very nice high, relaxing (which I need rn!) but not too sleepy, a feel good kinda high that makes her worth her PITA trimming.;)

I used the trim bag, but I’m finding it really doesn’t work that well with leafy buds like these, so I still ended up having to trim a lot of buds. She had a lot of larf, the most I’ve had in a long time. I just added it to the trim and I’ll likely make some oil with it. She was shortest of all the kushes, so I expect her to be the lowest yielder.

Critical purple kush is also all dried and bagged up. Her rh is sitting at 52% (oops!) I haven’t smoked any of that one yet, so I’ll have to report back on that later. But the weights are in for the first two....

blackberry kush .............. 113g (4.03oz)
critical purple kush.......... 146g (5.21oz)
:yummy:

I am pleasantly surprised with these two, especially after I lost some of the cpk. I’m thinking it’s a realistic goal to hit an lb, as long as the last two go smoothly to the finish.

As to when they’ll finish... I don’t know. I’ll be making a post about the mango kush soon, so stay tuned!

Nice haul on the 2 kushes you've trimmed so far. Congrats!

Hi again! I went and checked on mango kush trichs and she’s really got me perplexed. She is 71 days (10 weeks +1) past flip, breeder says 8 weeks. She’s slowed her drinking quite a bit. I see quite a few ambers, but also a lot of clears :hmmmm::hmmmm:
CE64B3F1-0A0F-4EAA-80AD-44A3A0195EEE.jpeg
6F350E4D-E27A-401C-9819-798EEE42F393.jpeg
DD126FE0-6B4C-4CF2-94C2-6F261C8FF7A7.jpeg
DA8B7D4D-C2E6-4E4E-B4F5-558CCFC847BB.jpeg
BA087211-7D70-43A0-A383-9F9E85C3CCCD.jpeg
0F7F4FC9-38AE-4AB6-9302-86E1A0D99EC8.jpeg
B9637D3B-7D85-4859-AB85-80483079062E.jpeg
Lol, any of you seen Coraline?
978A8ABC-2AE7-483C-9C71-4934C7E85A92.jpeg

I just don’t know what to make of her! Perhaps this would be a good time to take a tester bud? Let’s hear what you think, please!

I hope all is well with you, and that you’re staying safe, my lovelies! :love:

she’s really got me perplexed.
Me too- I think I'd just wait awhile, see if some of those clears go cloudy...although, I wouldn't wait past 25% amber...
Congrats on the BBK & CPK harvests!
You should reach a pound easy- you're already over halfway there!

If a tester seems just a little racy, I remember that drying/curing will usually mellow it out. But if it sets my heart to beating loudly, I give it at least another few days before another tester.

I just don’t know what to make of her!
I feel you. It’s defiantly one of the most difficult decisions to make in your grow but I’m sure whatever your choice is she will turn out just about perfect.

Me too- I think I'd just wait awhile, see if some of those clears go cloudy...although, I wouldn't wait past 25% amber...
Congrats on the BBK & CPK harvests!
You should reach a pound easy- you're already over halfway there!
Lol, glad it’s not just me then! Just by the factor that she’s been drinking slow for nearly a week now, I’m leaning towards her being done sooner rather than later. Thanks carcass :love:
If a tester seems just a little racy, I remember that drying/curing will usually mellow it out. But if it sets my heart to beating loudly, I give it at least another few days before another tester.
I took a good sized tester, hopefully it can dry enough over the next day or so. Thank you Felipe!
I feel you. It’s defiantly one of the most difficult decisions to make in your grow but I’m sure whatever your choice is she will turn out just about perfect.
Aww, thanks for the vote of confidence Nev! :) Helps take the pressure off for sure.

Hello again! :) I finally remembered my camera during watering day and snapped a few pics of the 3x3 after the switch around.

Up in front now, Amnesia
1E55C0A2-EB2B-4135-A304-E0B0E9267B1A.jpeg
EC890471-02B8-4CF8-98D1-9EFB90BE90D4.jpeg
DDA standing tall
1953069F-1438-43C8-87B6-2BB6091AF086.jpeg
43EBA4FA-DF11-429B-A903-1B696C3FD29D.jpeg
Lemon auto, tall and wide
278B2AE1-A4A6-4E34-9942-B47E09197286.jpeg
A0BCE41F-F75C-4999-A346-B046AB78E15F.jpeg
Family photo
80AAE460-61AE-4A8F-A5F2-22B631510066.jpeg
Candida cutting, taking to the dirt just fine. And the mango kush reveg, up front and doing well too. I plucked away the bud clump and most of the single blade leaves.
5A00EF4D-5B2C-4488-BD90-4C88CBEE7D8F.jpeg

I think all the autos popped up on the same day, which makes them 77 days old. It’s a neck and neck race between DDA and amnesia for who will finish first. Amnesia seems to be slowing down her drinking, so she may be the one! I’ll start looking at trichs in the next few days. Ah, good ol 3x3, keeping the ladies happy and healthy.

Hoping all is well with you! :thumb:

Everything is looking terrific but what really caught my eye was the perfectly green leaves on the DDA. o_O

LOL!

I agree. You definitely have a knack for DDAs. Remind me again if you topped and trained her?

Back
Top Bottom